Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64346 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2020, 05:25:11 am »

((Todays update is delayed, and if it happens today at all, i do not yet know who will be making it))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2020, 07:59:08 am »

(( No rush! Serious. That's just how ya get burned out. We can easily slow down the events until we're ready to move forward so you're not FLOODED when ya get back to it.))
I've lost control of my life.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2020, 08:06:22 am »

Year 287: A crazed cult has formed that believes the purple leaf disease is the next step for the evolution of every sentient species and that they need to spread the disease to everyone in order to bring all life to a higher form of existence. Roll for the cult spreading the disease to other sentient people.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2020, 09:59:54 am »

Year 287.2- The Miragians assent to cooperation with the growing coalition against the the Black Qhanganate. They promise to lend the expertise of their sandstorm mages and skilled desert assassins in the inevitable conflict that lies ahead.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Grand Dalian Mayor Eudes has spent most of his term expanding the fleet and establishing new trade routes. Viewing the reorganization of the Lokhunders into the more internationally friendly Jarldom of Nordica, Eudes charters a company to establish formal trading ties with the Jarldom. Funded by intrepid merchants and the city treasury, the ships under the Dalian Mercantile Flow Company establish a relatively small settlement on the southern shores of the uninhabited large island to the south east of Jarldom territory. Named after the primary financier of the expedition, this new trading settlement is called Eudenland

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2020, 03:03:51 pm »

Year 287.5

For the last 50 years, despair has reigned supreme over humanity. The development of technology has steadily been slowing, the forces opposed to them have grown stronger, the places of learning that were founded have seemingly grown corrupt, and there has hardly been a decade in the 3rd century where thousands weren't dying of a new threat. And now there is a disease that will not stop, such that even when they successfully find a cure for it, it appears to be only a setback to curing it. Some of the leaders decide that something must be done and begin leading a group of policies, many of which are drastic, just to try and stop these threats:

• The governments first try to help cure and contain the virus by the measure of trying to spread the red leaf as much as possible, along with trying to use their supplies of vision dust to contain and eradicate the virus as defiantly as possible. Roll for the effectiveness of this policy
  • The next action is one of reconciliation with the university, including having them set up branches in the kingdoms on the condition that they keep the chaos magic to the minimum
  • Perhaps the most drastic measure, Streamland and the other kingdoms seek closer relations with the Red Court in order to secure a supply of vision dust. The human armies pledge the support of their full might in the upcoming 3rd Crusade/Great Redemption Crusade
  • The human kingdoms declare a zero tolerance policy on cults, and begin the great purge. Roll for the effectiveness of purging these cults.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:40:39 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:21 pm »

Year 287.5

For the last 50 years, despair has reigned supreme over humanity. The development of technology has steadily been slowing, the forces opposed to them have grown stronger, the places of learning that were founded have seemingly grown corrupt, and there has hardly been a decade in the 3rd century where thousands weren't dying of a new threat. And now there is a disease that will not stop, such that even when they successfully find a cure for it, it appears to be only a setback to curing it. Some of the leaders decide that something must be done and begin leading a group of policies, many of which are drastic, just to try and stop these threats:

• The governments first try to help cure and contain the virus by the measure of trying to spread the red leaf as much as possible, along with trying to use their supplies of vision dust to contain and eradicate the virus as defiantly as possible. Roll for the effectiveness of this policy
  • The next action is one of reconciliation with the university, including having them set up branches in the kingdoms on the condition that they keep the chaos magic to the minimum
  • Perhaps the most drastic measure, Streamland and the other kingdoms seek closer relations with the Red Court in order to secure a supply of magical cocaine. The human armies pledge the support of their full might in the upcoming 3rd Crusade/Great Redemption Crusade
  • The human kingdoms declare a zero tolerance policy on cults, and begin the great purge. Roll for the effectiveness of purging these cults.
((By magical cocaine, you mean vision dust, right? Let’s try keeping references to our world OOC))

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2020, 03:40:07 pm »

Year 287.5

• Perhaps the most drastic measure, Streamland and the other kingdoms seek closer relations with the Red Court in order to secure a supply of magical cocaine. The human armies pledge the support of their full might in the upcoming 3rd Crusade/Great Redemption Crusade
((By magical cocaine, you mean vision dust, right? Let’s try keeping references to our world OOC))
((That was completely unintentional, I just forgot to filter what I thought before I typed it. Will fix it.))
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2020, 03:57:41 pm »

In the traditional slugman lends of the west, the 3rd Crusade had already begun. Eager for the glory of defeating the Black Qhaganate and greedy for land, a combined Imperial-Duchy force began marching south down the old road connecting the slugmen with the hamsterfolk, and they had just began travelling through the rivers westward when devastating news reached them.

Through magic, cunning and the power of chaos, Khagatai had corrupted nearly the entirety of the Greenskin tribe and flung them into a violent frenzy, before directing them south to the slugman lands. Now, under the leadership of the powerful mage Zornaraugh, they had occupied the most northern part of the empire and begun large scale raids south. While it seems unlikely that they will survive this war, as their single-minded desire to pillage has completely halted the growth of their population, but it nonetheless presents a powerful distraction and has forced the slugman forces to retreat north, alongside an army of hamsterfolk from the shamans, to relieve their damaged territories. (Roll for Greenskins VS Slugmen.

Still, this presents a prime opportunity to any other nations seeking to take part in the crusade. Khagatai has left his nation in the hands of men who are clearly loyal but far from the most competent of rulers, and it will take time for him to march back south.

(By the way, quite a few of us do multiple posts between turns and it feels like this is starting to get difficult to manage for the GM. It might be best to make it so that we can only write 1 post each between turns, so as to avoid GM burnout.)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2020, 04:09:42 pm »

((Good idea. The world is getting very complicated))

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2020, 07:17:02 pm »

((I second that... then again, maybe that's just because I rarely if ever have more than one idea to put down in writing in the timespan between updates))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2020, 07:37:34 pm »

((I second that... then again, maybe that's just because I rarely if ever have more than one idea to put down in writing in the timespan between updates))
((Sometimes, if I‘m unsure of what to do, I roll a d[amount of nations/tribes], d[amount of domains], or d[amount of points of interest], depending on what I want to do something with, then start thinking of something for that region, that’s how I got the idea of the Purple Leaf Disease, counted the nations/tribes from top of column to bottom of column go the next column repeat for the number, rolled a d[number of nations/tribes], then thought, what doesn’t this world have? Parasitic plants are interesting, though the ones that exist in our world don’t use animals as hosts, this will be different And so the purple plants were born. I don’t use the dice rolls all the time, it started after I couldn’t think of anything for the Moss Trolls and thought I needed to add something new. I still have ideas for the Purple Leaf Disease, the carnivorous plants in the Blood Alliance’s island was another d[number of nations/tribes], as was the growing and shrinking Chaos rift, which I might do more with after the update, I did a d100, if an odd number, then a nation/tribe, if an even number then a domain/point of interest, I got an even, then rolled a d[number of Domains/points of Interest], landed on Chaos Rift, found 5 icons, assumed one rift of each size was present, rolled a d5 for which sized one I would affect, then rolled a 1, so I thought of something to do with the smallest Chaos rift, which I need to now find where it’s at. I hope you hearing how I figure out what to do will help you. You don’t have to use the system I used, I’m just telling you how I figured out ideas. I hope this helps in future idea making))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2020, 08:21:15 pm »

Notices
This delay was because Lord_lemonpie is back after a long period of not having time to log in, i guess. So we have been communicating in messages regarding GMship and we have come to an agreement that i will be the game's GM for the foreseeable future, circumstances permitting and as long as interest lasts

also i accidentally wiped this entire update once, lets hope its the last time.  So sorry for the update being a bit rougher than usual.

Rolls

Moss trolls attempt to work stellar materials
Code: [Select]
1d20=9The minerals are far beyond the Moss Trolls and perhaps any of the world's races to utilize in an effective way. The techniques required to refine the minerals are far far away. However most of the gemstones are quite ordinary and with a bit of practice the large gemstones can be shaped and cut into large pieces of simple but elegant jewelry that can then have a thick string passed through them and can then be worn wherever desired.

As the Moss trolls had no use for the minerals, they gave them to Streamland, who couldn't do anything with them either, but were thankful for the Moss Trolls' gifts anyway, further strengthening the relations between Streamland and the Moss Trolls. Of course, Streamland started its own research into whether the minerals could be utilized in some way, but only time will tell if anything comes of this research.

Purple Leaves attempt to control The Host's dreams
1d20=4
Ever since becoming infected with the Purple Leaves, The Host has been plagued by nightmares and any attempt by the Purple Leaves to manipulate his behavior through dreams is easily dismiss able as just another nightmare, especially when said dream involves going into uninfected areas and infecting people with the Purple Leaves.

The Host vows to never let that happen and has redoubled his vigilance against the Purple Leaves infesting his body.

Berserk Lemon Tree attempts to spread via "tendrils"
1d20=11
In the absence of anything to bludgeon or rock-lemon to death, the tree attempts to spread itself by "tendrils" that are actually just mutated roots. However, the process is rather slow and were it not for the angry mother trees nearby, the small "saplings" would be easy to dispose of before they became a credible threat.

The amorphous "Gold" incident
1d20=16+10+5While the miner herself had no idea what the thing was, she was just a miner that knew only ores and that thing wasn't an ore. However an old, 90 year old dwarf, with extensive knowledge of the deep caverns and who was the only son of a dwarf called "Jothgar", suggested that perhaps it might have been deposited there by an ancient and unknown deep cavern creature. Maybe it was some kind of defense mechanism, or maybe the end product of the creature's digestive process that exploded because of gas build up inside that exploded when mixed with air, or even that the amorphous mass was the creature's offspring. He couldn't be sure, but if it indeed was left here by a creature, it is probably long gone.

However, if the "container" was intended to explode, it was not intended to kill, rather merely disorientate or incapacitate, because the explosion only did damage to the immediate area.

Nobody that the mass was shown to could figure out what it was actually made of. It was not gold, but nobody had any idea as to what it WAS.

Vahucci Cult attempt to steal Valkyra's corpse parts from Zalalastan's Palace
1d20=9Obviously, Zalalastan's king stored something as potentially powerful as the bodyparts of the late goddess Valkyra, in the deepest, most secure vault within the palace, specifically built to stop anyone who might want to steal them. Many times the more pragmatic members of the king's court insisted that the king should do away with the corpse parts altogether, incinerate them by magic flame or something, so that no one could ever unite them and use them to cause harm. But of course the king held onto them, in the vain hope that he might be the one to unite them, despite not having nearly all of the corpse parts and the last part, the head, still being in an unknown location.

The guards chosen to guard the vault were selected to be utterly incorruptible, by money or otherwise. And disguise wasn't an option, because all the guards were familiar with eachother and someone trying to pass themselves off as one of the guards would stick out like a sore thumb. There weren't all that many guards but there were enough that if any of them were killed their corpse would be found by another one within a minute at most. So, the Cult had to sneak in completely undetected, a hard job for someone without the ability to turn invisible or to shadowstep, but the Vahucci Cult's expert sneaks pulled it off anyway.

They managed to get all the way to the vault door without being detected and open it, disabling any traps or alarms on it as they went. But the Cult's members hadn't anticipated just how paranoid the king was, they hadn't expected him to booby-trap the corpse parts themselves. A pressure plate, linked up to a large bell that produced an unique sound when rung. In fact, all of the alarm bells intended to protect the vault were cast slightly differently and thus produced a different sound when they were rung and all the guards were familiarized with each of them, so they knew right away which alarm had been tripped. The king had commissioned dwarves from the Waterstone Clan to design this system.

The Cult member who had picked up the corpse part dropped it in a panic as the bell rung and the thieves began to make their exit as quickly as possible, not wanting to be boxed in by the guards and killed. The Cult members were spotted on the way out but all of them got out without any significant injuries.

War: The Black Qhanganate vs. Dark elves
The Black Qhanganate 3d20=18+20!+20!=58
Dark Elves 3d20=3+6+13=21

(Holy shit! I think this may be the game's first double crit in a war)
The matter of fact about the Dark Elves always was, that in a sense they had been a blessing in disguise, allowing the Black Qhanganate greater freedom and independence from their Aetherial overlords.
But it seems that they had worn out their welcome to Khagatai, and crushing the Dark Elves was always just a matter of just doing it and Khagatai spared no expense in doing so.

The plan was... perfect, cut them off from any retreat, surround them, then crush their positions, and in typical Black Qhanganate fashion, they gave no warning of the impending attack and the Dark Elves could not dig themselves in fast enough. With no Aetherials exiting the chaos rift and the Qhanganate just leaving them be, the Dark Elves had grown complacent and it would be their downfall, it was a slaughter as armies of the Qhanganate marched toward their strongholds, the elves didn't have enough arrows or magic to put even a dent in the approaching armies, seeing what they were facing, they attempted to flee, but the corrupted spider mounts of the corrupted slugmen caught up to retreating elves with ease and ripped them to shreds, while the elves did attempt to defend themselves, they were far outnumbered and never were trained to fight against what they were facing, they couldnt kill enough to stem the tide and every elf that raised a weapon against the invaders was cut down in cold blood.

Utterly crushed and on the back foot the retreating Dark Elves were corralled to the Chaos rift by the invading armies, and it is there that the Dark Elves would make their final stand. They gave it all they had, they had to, if the rift activates again, it will start spewing out Aetherials, a foe far worse than any corrupted tyrant. And every last Dark Elf would die there that day, but they fought to their last, they took a nation's worth of corrupted slugmen to the grave alongside them. But it would have never been enough and as the last Dark Elf was vanquished, the Chaos Rift sprung to life again, spawning untold monstrosities into the desert once more. However, the land surrounding the Chaos Rift would not be granted to the Black Qhangante, but rather the Chaos Coalition would maintain direct control over it.
(The Chaos Coalition has replaced the Dark Elves, all the Dark Elves are dead and the Chaos rift in the south has been re-activated.)

The University commissions several different Research Projects to Take Care of the Purple Leaf Disease.
Each Institute Takes Up their own aproach.
The Chaos mages of the Red court Begin researching ways to synthesize Chaos Crystals.
The Refugio Guerra Institute attempts to improve upon the Red Leaf Strain.
The Institute of the HCE attempts to Develop healing Waters infused with Chaos Energy to Take Care of the Problem. The University itself is researching protective clothing using technology of the Aquatic Gondola.

It is not possible to synthesize Chaos Crystals, the theory is there: A very powerful burst of Chaos Energy, concentrated very densely in a Chaos Energy rich atmosphere should produce Chaos Crystals, however, thus far Chaos Dragons are the only living things that can produce an energy blast powerful enough to promote the formation of Chaos Crystals, and ambient Chaos Energy is, as is known, highly corruptive.

The research into improving the Red Leaf Disease are thus far inconclusive

The researchers discover very quickly, that infusing Chaos Energy into water, is a VERY bad idea. If ambient Chaos Energy corrupts over time, drinking something contaminated with it, mutates things rapidly. The Corrupted Reaver kills several researchers before it is put down.

A crazed cult attempts to spread the disease to other nations
1d20=14
The cults process for transporting the infected hosts out of Thairmar was relatively straightforward, incapacitate someone and keep them that way using an potion, expose them to the disease, then put them in a box and transport them to wherever they wanted. However, it was inevitable that most of the cult's members themselves would succumb to the disease themselves, but it was a sacrifice willingly made.
Instances of the disease have been spotted in order in the lands of the Foxfolk Shamans, Free Cities of Dalai and finally Dorathian Kingdom. However, for now, all the infections in new lands are far from any major population centers, and are also of Strain 1, meaning it propagates outside of nations VERY slowly.

Human nations attempt to contain and cure the Purple Leaf Disease
1d20=14
The supplies of Vision Dust are highly limited and thus used sparingly, and so, the amount of people that can be cured is also limited, as such efforts have been concentrated on curing the recently infected and preventing the disease from spreading further within populated regions. This has somewhat slowed down the growth of the disease within Thairmar's borders.

Their spreading of the red leaves again consists mostly of prodding and herding them, exploiting their danger avoidance and, hoping that they'll go in the direction of the purple leaves, although, they often don't obey or wander off to fulfill needs such as the need for food.
(The Red Leaf Domain has experienced increased growth in some directions)

Human nations attempt to get the University to set up branches in their nations
1d20=7It turns out, that the university will not bow to the superstitious demands of a bunch of nations with barely any magi over a nation that was founded on magic and is filled to the brim with magi, and a nation that may well be the key to eradicating the disease, if it survives long enough to do so. As such, they have begun to rebuild the Red Court's University.

Perhaps the most drastic measure, Streamland and the other kingdoms seek closer relations with the Red Court in order to secure a supply of vision dust. The human armies pledge the support of their full might in the upcoming 3rd Crusade/Great Redemption Crusade

Most of the Vision Dust has up until now come from Dalai, but ever since the discovery The Red Court has been manufacturing it... However, Chaos Crystals remain the limiting factor, and are becoming increasingly harder to come by.

Human nations attempt to purge cults from their nations.
1d20=5Most serious cults hide themselves well, some underground, some in plain sight, but in general, "the great purge" is an objective failure, a bunch of resources and manpower spent on chasing leads to nowhere. Thats aside from the fact that there simply arent many cults left. They've always been persecuted and killed off, the only cults that are found are doomsday cults and whatnot that rave like lunatics about the end times and whatever else. They're cut down without mercy.

WAAAAAAGH War: Greenskin Tribes Vs. HCE
Greenskin Tribes 3d20=5+6+6
HCE 3d20=15+7+18

The united army of the Empire and the slugman Duchies is fast on its feet(yes slugs also have "feet") It didn't take long for them to make their way back after they heard of the Greenskins' attack and with their superior weapons and better organization, the united army easily drove back the greenskin hordes from their lands. This marked the beginning of a sort of a "cold-war" between the two sides, where neither was willing to commit to an attack, the greenskins were regrouping and the united army sat in garrisons, waiting for their enemy to make a move, but mostly only small skirmishes happened at this time, this went on for months until the orcs and goblins had properly regrouped and foolishly attacked the united army's heavily defended positions and paid the price. The greenskins did very little damage to the united army, who massacred the greenskins and drove them out of their lands again and running back to their tribal lands.

YEAR 288.1
With many of the nations' leadership in uproar after the discovery that the only so far discovered cure to the Purple Leaf Disease happens to be the worst street drug in the world, manufactured mainly in Dalai by a criminal syndicate. A drug whose critical component is Chaos Crystals, something that is difficult to come by and risky to harvest. Some within the safe walls of the universities have begun to ponder whether there might be another way? Is Vision Dust really the only cure in the world, or maybe could the Chaos Crystals be substituted for something else? What is it about Chaos Crystals that causes them to be so effective against the parasitic disease?

Meanwhile, Velodryn Kaas, seeing no more use for the Great Ruby has sold it off on the black market, to a corrupt official in Dalai, why said official wanted the enormous gemstone is unknown, probably just to show it off... With funds acquired from the transaction, Kaas has been able to fortify his hideout into fortress.

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2020, 08:53:03 pm »

(( This is the kind of game I feel like we need to be able to keep going and pass the torch even if one day you can no longer continue Strik3r. Just as you did for Lemonpie. ))

YEAR 289
For the last few years, since the Monolith's latest pulse, greater numbers of sapient serpents have continued to emerge from the marshy islands upon the lake. While banding together to trap prey in greater numbers and growing thier nascent intellect, some of these serpents have begun devouring one another whole.

It seems, more so than mere size, these creatures evolve rapidly through their canabalism for reason unknown. Growing both greater and greater still as they feed, while their minds become sharp, and senses sharper still.

A devious spined viper of brilliant yellow scale has engorged itself greatest, and become the largest of its kind. How far has its strange canabalistic tendencies grown its stature amd wit?
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2020, 09:06:12 pm »

((According to the key, there are 5 chaos rifts of varying sizes, yet on the map I;m only finding one. Can anyone tell me where the other 4 are? The only one I’m finding is the one at the Chaos Coalition, near the Black Quagnate
Edit: found the Chaos Coalition’s other rift to the north of the continent, so now I’m looking for the other 3, if anyone can just say which nations/tribes they are near that would be good))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:16:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2020, 11:39:02 pm »

Year 290-292

Yarlac Drem, the former court mage of Thairmer turned Necromancer, became increasingly more influential despite the Saur's efforts to fight off his growing criminal empire within Lotham- the largest urban city in Arghila. It could even be assumed that Lotham was probably the first metropolis proper in the world so far due to it's lucrative position in coastal trade. However this year wouldn't be another preview of the Saur and Yarlac rivalry- it was about Yarlac Drem's newly appointed apprentice.

As a means of cover, the surface area of Yarlac's underground crypt-base was a unassuming butcher shop manned by tenants he mind-controlled with his magic years ago. At first he needed them as a means of revenue to carry on his necromantic research, but as his enterprises and connections expanded, he only ever needed them as cover. Though something of high value come from the tenant family under his magic-induced thrall, their son, Mi'akl Druun.

Magic users across the world can instinctively "sense" the resonance of moderate or high magic on an entity, item, or given place- unless of course the adept Magic user in question doesn't mask such resonances from detection. It's how Yarlac could even operate this long, hiding his Death-magic from royal Inquisitors of the Halloween dynasty trying to find his crypt or simply mask the resonances of his undead footsoldiers that do his bidding at night to carry on his tasks.

Even though magic dwells in every being, only a few have a high enough well of mana to put it in any workable form. Persons with high potential of natural mana do not know how to mask their resonances, which is how Wizards, Sorcerors, Spellswords, and Necromancers like Yarlac can find apprentices. His was to be Mi'akl.

Mi'akl was a natural at the arts of magic. Everything Yarlac learned from University he got all the concepts easier than Yarlac and any other of his peers at the time when he was that young as Mi'akl. The boy was a latent prodigy. However all wasn't well since Mi'akl disliked Necromancy. It didn't have anything to do with moral qualms, but he found the undead too malleable, to.. simplistic. Instead Mi'akl took a different route- summoning and binding magic. Mi'akl begins pioneering a new school of magic with the sole purpose of utilizing Demons for battle, a new school which he calls "Shaping", because it is easier to draw resonance from a Demonic realm and make one from scratch than trying to tame independent Demons.

Yarlac at first was aggravated that Mi'akl would choose a school not of his own, but later on he becomes receptive to it as the boy makes a plethora of bizarre and fearful intelligent Demons that work on Yarlac's behalf around Lotham- increasing the prestige and fear centering around his criminal organization.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 76