Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64522 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #855 on: July 16, 2020, 07:50:21 am »

(( Don't be so self conscious about the names you've chosen silly! We all have our own place where we draw these things from. Like you say, they easily could be named by other races. And that could've been what stuck. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 16, 2020, 08:29:25 am »

((i still dont know why everyone wants the Sandstone Qhanganate back... Besides, would anyone alive in the world right now even know of the existence of said nation?))
((Yes. It's only been roughly a century and a half since it fell, it was quite large, and in very rare cases the sons of those who were alive before it fell will even still be alive today, as some of the oldest living slugmen. Oppressed cultures don't tend to give up on past glories very easily.

Also, the legend still shows the Black Qhaganate and I think the Encyclopedia is outdated in some areas?))

Year 321

Undeterred, King Eamonn decides to continue with trial and error. If the High Elves have to rely on others for their travel to this theoretical spirit realm, then that would render this whole endeavour pointless!

Elsewhere, the Free Cities of Dalai are experiencing a true golden age! War and disease had devastated many of the realms of the western continent, but a series of clever policies and competent choices in regards to the ongoing wars and diseases had allowed the nation to experience a significant growth in population and an abundance of wealth. For the most part this has been invested into infrastructure and the navy, but now a considerable amount of funds have been dedicated to colonising further inland. After several years of this, all of the land the Free Cities of Dalai control is connected and the nation has expanded considerably.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 16, 2020, 08:33:23 am »

((i still dont know why everyone wants the Sandstone Qhanganate back... Besides, would anyone alive in the world right now even know of the existence of said nation?))
((Yes. It's only been roughly a century and a half since it fell, it was quite large, and in very rare cases the sons of those who were alive before it fell will even still be alive today, as some of the oldest living slugmen. Oppressed cultures don't tend to give up on past glories very easily.

Also, the legend still shows the Black Qhaganate and I think the Encyclopedia is outdated in some areas?))

((Damnit, i knew i'd forgotten something, and here i was thinking that i wouldn't need to update the legend this time.

Also, yeah i think the Encyclopedia is a bit outdated in some areas, but i cant figure out where that is, right now.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 16, 2020, 10:34:26 am »

((Damnit, i knew i'd forgotten something, and here i was thinking that i wouldn't need to update the legend this time.

Also, yeah i think the Encyclopedia is a bit outdated in some areas, but i cant figure out where that is, right now.))
((Would the Third Crusade count as a major historical event? Considering it was about twenty years of for the most part constant fighting that destroyed two fairly important countries (unless the Red Court still exists in exile at the university or somewhere like there)))
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 16, 2020, 10:38:08 am »

((Would the Third Crusade count as a major historical event? Considering it was about twenty years of for the most part constant fighting that destroyed two fairly important countries (unless the Red Court still exists in exile at the university or somewhere like there)))

((Yeah, but i'll be entirely honest, i have no idea what to write there, it was a saga in and of itself, with no part of it unimportant.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 16, 2020, 03:00:40 pm »

Year 321.3-As it turns out, the kani-collou keep their word. Exactly one year after the ominous warning was given, swarms of crab people emerge from the ocean depths. For those who wondered where all the kani-collou dissipated off to, this was the answer. They followed the orders of one. The red and gold kani-collou, the one they called 'Vahk-ool', had assumed a position of absolute leadership amonst the common kani-collou. It is theorized that they followed Vahk-ool because of his unusual appearance. That he fit some sort ideal: the one closest in nature to their fallen mother Piyerta-collou. They seek to seize the entire island for themselves! The old lokhund veterans of the Battle of Four Armies would shudder to think the unthinkable: the might of the sea has risen up once again!

However, the Moss Trolls had been prepared and they weren't gonna give things up without a fight. The local militia quickly muster a response to fend off the invasion. Farmers and merchants and other irregulars gather weapons and set off in defense of the homeland.

Conflict could not be avoided! Will the Moss Trolls fight off the invasion force? Will the kani-collou carve out a territory for themselves? 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 17, 2020, 06:22:13 am »

Notices and Summary:

TURNS:
(TankKit, Year 321)
The High Elves try to open a gateway to a spirit world via trial and error and accidentally open a Chaos Rift.

Free Cities of Dalai has connected all of its lands.

(TamerVirus,Year 321.3)
The Kani-collou try to take an island from the Moss Trolls, but suddenly become demoralized and flee back to the seas.

(Strik3r, YEAR 320.5, UPDATE)
The Remnants of the Red Court have begun to build the White Tower on the coast north of Streamland.

The Leader of the Skinners will be at the The Second Pan-Human Conference and will Attempt to spread Anti-Non-Human sentiment amongst the leaders and nobles of human nations.

WORLD STATE:

Rolls

The High Elves try to open a gateway to a spirit world via trial and error
Code: [Select]
1d20=1!
The High-Elves have succeeded, in the worst way possible! They have successfully achieved something that Theyrn Elros has been trying to do for over a century and has continually FAILED at! The High-Elves have somehow accidentally opened a Chaos Rift, from this side of the Veil of Chaos, something not even the Red Hallow cult has ever succeeded in doing even ONCE. Now they need to find a way to CLOSE it, before they're overrun by Aetherials and Chaos Knights, although basking too long in the light of Chaos will likely transfrom the Elves, there's a distinct chance that the Dark Elves may be reborn from this, or something else entirely.

But something was learned from this disaster: Spirit Worlds do exist, The Realm of Chaos technically is a Spirit World and as such, could be used as the backbone of a "Spirit Gate" network, IF it didn't disintegrate anyone who entered it and its inhabitants weren't so utterly hostile.

As to HOW this disaster happened? The best guess the High-Elves have is that they found a "back door" into the Realm of Chaos bypassing the Veil and accidentally "dialed" the Realm of Chaos by pure chance and misfortune directly opening a gateway straight into the Chaos Realm by error.

The Immortal Dragon that lives in the High-Elf lands seemingly wants nothing to do with the Chaos Rift, thus has relocated the Enclave to the east.
(A level 1 Chaos Dimensional Rift has opened in the High-Elf lands.)

Kani-collou vs. The Moss Trolls
Kani-collou 1d20=1!
The Moss Trolls 1d20=16

As soon as they reach the shores of the island that they intend to take, a sudden wave of hesitation and doubt washes over all of the Kani-collou, as if they all suddenly realized that they had committed a grave mistake.
Try as they might to rouse their fighting spirit, every swipe they took was with hesitation. The Moss Trolls, even if they dont want to fight anyone, will seemingly strike their enemies with unbridled fury if pushed and a rock-club swung by an angry moss troll, is lethal.

It did not take long for the ranks of the Kani-collou to shatter and for them to scatter and scramble back to the waves from where they came, The Moss Trolls didn't bother to chase any of the fleeing crabmen. And when the island had cleared of them, the Moss Trolls went back to doing whatever they were before. This was probably the shortest battle in the history of the world and one with the lowest number of casualties.

YEAR 320.5
The remnants of the Red Court and the mages of the University branch that is now within the lands of the Sandstone Qhanganate, have fled eastward, intending to build a new nation of Magi on the western continent with a new University, greater than The Great Scar University to serve as its center and its seat of power. But it wouldn't just be another university, but a great wizards' tower instead.

They have begun building their tower, the tower that they're calling the "White Tower", on the northern facing shores, north of the Kingdom of Streamland, from where they hope to acquire aid for the construction of the tower. Although the Magi are uncertain what name the new nation will bear, but it will likely take shape long before the completion of the White Tower, which they are builing floor by floor, so that it may be used as its built. A great amount of magic is used in its construction: Arcane Magic to move heavy objects, Earth Magic to shape the land to their liking, and much more.

((note: I will be rolling all of the turns related to The Second Pan-Human Conference/Celebration that will happen in 329 at once, when that date arrives. So if anyone wants to do anything with it, feel free.
Prefix it like this so that i have an easier time picking out the actions related to it.))
The Second Pan-Human Conference: The Leader of the Skinners will be at the The Second Pan-Human Conference and will Attempt to spread Anti-Non-Human sentiment amongst the leaders and nobles of human nations.

Map and Legend

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 17, 2020, 07:22:29 am »

Year 320.7: Minilla has been spotted yet again and it has appeared to have grown quite a bit since last time, this was quite obvious when it attacked the coastal regions of Streamland. Roll for the damage this not that giant lizard does.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 17, 2020, 10:51:58 am »

((I spot timeline irregularities! The turns 320.5 and 320.7 should be 321.5/321.7))

Year:321.9- As the Nordica and Eudenland prospers, The remnants of the lokhunder Bloodjarls have been quietly biding their time. Once a great maritime threat, they had been reduced to a local nuisance exiled from their home continent. Nevertheless, the Bloodjarls have been slowly assimilating unoccupied territory on the wispy thin peninsula that they found themselves occupying into their domain.

It's almost a miracle how the lokhunder bloodjarls have yet to provoke the enigmatic and isolated Firbolg Kingdom, a regional power that has mostly keep to themselves for hundreds of years
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 17, 2020, 11:12:15 am »

Year 322
Thairmar continues to try curing their population using light crystals.
Some even try stealing light crystals from bandits.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:53:14 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 17, 2020, 12:28:28 pm »

((I spot timeline irregularities! The turns 320.5 and 320.7 should be 321.5/321.7))
((You are indeed correct. Good catch!))

YEAR 322.5
With another giant amphibious lizard monster on the loose, The few Thaumaturges of Streamland, those that mix magic, mostly Arcana and Chaos with the mundane to create "miracles". Fearing that there may be no end to the giant lizards below the waves have furiously been searching for a solution. Inspired by the Alchemists that first created the blasting powder that defeated Gojira, in a sudden spark of genius, they have created a strange material that is sensitive to pressure. The material is not a powerful explosive in and of itself, but can be used to ignite the traditional, more powerful blasting powder.

It is a sort of a paste, whose stability heavily depends on the quantity of it, typical Chaos stuff. It can't be used to make a trap that would explode when stepped on, the pressure just isn't sufficent. It needs the pressure of the ocean to go off. But since blasting powder will not explode when wet, both need to be encased in a watertight shell that will survive to the ocean depths required, but will give away once it reaches said depth, and the balance is HAIR thin, too weak, and the blasting powder will be rendered inert, too strong and the explosive might not go off. Thus, making the casing is the most complicated as a two-part cast shel that is custom to every explosive is required and making them requires specialized tools. Due to the short timeframe in which this new material was developed, only examples of such explosives are experimental ones, relatively small with shallow detonation depths so that the explosion or lack of thereof may be observed.

The Thaumaturges have recommended that any actual production explosives be a few large ones rather than many small ones, as the quantity of the depth sensitive paste is the same, and they're currently the only ones who can somewhat consistenly produce the material, but can't produce it very quickly. Such examples will need to be "delivered" by ship.

As a bonus, the casing will act as shrapnel in the resulting explosion. The Thaumaturges also realized something: Blasting powder may be packed inside a small shell, prefrably made of either clay or iron and then fitted with a fuse. The fuse may then be lit and the device, which the Thaumaturges are calling a "Bomb", may be thrown toward the enemy. When the fuse runs out, the powder explodes, and turns the casing into a large cloud of sharp shrapnel. They're suprised that they're the first ones to come up with the concept.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 17, 2020, 12:55:12 pm »

Year 322.5-325

The Chaos Coalition. A coalition of Aetherials, corrupted races and chaotic creatures united under Azerth with the sole goal of bringing true chaos to this world. It had been far more than a century since they had last threatened a nation directly and in any meaningful way - even during the Third Crusade they had been remarkably apathetic to the loss of their influence in the south, rendering little aid to the Black Qhaganate or the Red Court as their petty squabbles escalated into open war. Then again, why would they? Sure, they might of lost their foothold in the south, but in the process they had created a truly impressive amount of chaos while barely expending any of their ever-growing resources. After so long of simply growing their power, their armies were even stronger than the militant Dorathian Kingdoms armies, and they were eagerly awaiting the time when they could invade another nation.

So when the Year of Eamonns Folly came and Azerth ordered a full-scale invasion of Ukalia, the invasion that struck the High Elves was truly monstrous in size as much as composition. At first he brought his entire army together to defend against the invasion and, for a time, he was able to stem the tide. But every wave that struck was better informed and more powerful than the last, and every wave the High Elves defeated saw their numbers dwindle even more than before. Realising that he could not succeed, Eamonn organised a mass evacuation of the western half of his kingdom, making even the unwilling travel even further west, into the dungeon. He had plans to get the elves on the eastern half of the island on to Dragolia proper as well, but his army shattered before the western half was even done evacuating, and the Chaos Coalition invasion force flooded the island completely. Many were able to escape in time, but many more were unable to leave the island in time and are now forced to live under the rule of the Chaos Coalition. Gradually, these once proud elves will gain the same features as the brave Dark Elves that once fought the Black Qhaganate - but this time they serve the Chaos Coalition rather than fight against it. Already the few descendants of the original Dark Elves that survived by joining the armies of other nations are seeking to distance themselves from the Dark Elves of the new 'Kingdom of Dark Ukalia'.

In the west, Eamonn had lead a truly massive horde of people into the dungeon. What finally emerged on the other side of the dungeon was barely a fraction of its original size, half-dead and made up primarily of the soldiers that had survived the battles against the Aetherials. Eamonn was nowhere to be seen - instead they were lead by Faeleach, a soldier that had used his strategic mind to their advantage when traversing the dungeon and dealing with the enemies they encountered. Under his leadership, the High Elves have already begun establishing themselves in the new home, and primitive fortifications have been built facing the entrance to the dungeon to deal with any stray monsters that come out. They now constantly live under the fear that the Aetherials will decide to finish what they started while knowing that there is nothing they can do about it except pray to the gods that the Aetherials don't come after them.

Meanwhile, the High Elves that managed to escape to Dragolia in the east have been subjected to a fate that many of their kind might see as being even worse than subjugation or annihilation - subservience to an immortal dragon. Zoithor, the dragon at the head of that particular Draconic Enclave, is a devious dragon concerned primarily with his own self-interest, a cunning opportunist in his words, a scheming coward in the minds of many others. Most of his non-dragon subjects had essentially been tricked into slavery even before he assumed control over the High Elves in the east. Anyway, being forced to relocate his enclave twice supposedly angered him greatly and he demanded that the surviving High Elves pay him for the 'unjust difficulties' he had been forced to endure because of their recklessness. When they understandably refused to pay him, he burned their leaders and soldiers alive and forced the survivors into slavery, announcing the establishment of 'Zoithors Realm.' His position at the head of this new nation is shaky, however - the majority of his population are slaves who detest him and he is the first immortal dragon to officially announce the creation of a state completely independent from the Elder Council of Dragolia, and they may take this announcement poorly.

To summarise:

The Chaos Coalition has invaded the High Elven Kingdom of Ukalia and replaced it with the puppet Kingdom of Dark Ukalia, and the elves living there have already begun to change into Dark Elves. No official king has been elected to rule over this new kingdom yet. The Chaos Coalitions sudden spike in activity has also gone just as quickly as it came - it seems they do not intend to continue their conquests.

A fraction of Ukalias population has survived and fled to the island west of the dungeon, where they have united under Faeleach and announced the continuation of the Kingdom of Ukalia. It remains to be seen how successful they will be, and if they will ever reclaim their lost lands.

The High Elves that managed to escape onto Dragolia or already lived there have all been killed or forced into slavery under the scheming immortal dragon Zoithor. However, his blatant disregard for old draconic customs and general unpleasantness makes it unlikely that the Elder Council won't react negatively to this. It's really just a matter of how they respond.

((Not a timeskip, by the way.))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 17, 2020, 02:56:41 pm »

Year 282.3
The bountiful waters of the wide gulf nestled between the lands of the Alliance of Blood and the Kingdom of Ukalia are dyed overnight an odd inky-black, a murk that is thick to the touch. Almost like a layer of watery tar. Humble fisher-folk of the area and beyond begin to harbor superstitious beliefs in regards to the area, and oft' avoid its offerings. Despite this, the gulf remains just as plentiful in its gifts as ever. In the common tongue it has been referred to as the Bleak Well, sometimes more colloquially as 'Myrkur Blettur' for its occasional gouts slowly encroach this streak in the northern seas.

Perhaps something stirs below?

Year 323
Five years after the battle of Four Armies, roughly five decades ago now, there appeared a deep dark abyss, one that lingered upon the surface of the sea. None dared to venture amid it, non dared to stray into those waters despite their abundance. Long had it been that the Myrkur Blettur was an ill omen, the Black Well was synonymous with metaphors for questioning gifts for naught. Now it seems the inky splotch truly did bear truths unknown.

At first, the gulf below the flying continent of the East grew warm, and then warmer still. The  plentiful life among the black water dispersed and vanished, until all was laid bare and picked clean. Boils and bubbles formed at the surface, bursting like pustules of dark ooze. And before long the seas itself began to part, flowing downward in a notable split.

At last, it was risen.

Hewn from deep, reflective stone of the sea, an enigmatic ziggurat appears. Surfaces smoothest in the world, they are unable to be left stained or tarnished by the salt waters of the ocean, rather emboldened by them, ever did the glare if the light above refract off the glittering sea, seeming to disappear into the deep blue stone. Neither a blemish, nor a barnacle finds itself root upon the strange structure, a strangeness afforeded by its seemingly impossible geometry, and utterly ancient vibes. Indeed even the solid blocks themselves seemed to radiate and pulse. The massive structure itself dominates the horizon for all to bear witness, though it does not quite reach the bedrock of Dragolia beside and above.

There is one marking of note, something that makes itself clear as seawater deluges from each slate entrance and hall.

'Måh Ę-Gål'

To which a name is given by the first eyes laid upon it. Yet, the unknown palace remains silent as the grave. Even the waters themselves afford no wave or current, they are still. Stagnant.
I've lost control of my life.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 18, 2020, 08:38:10 am »

Notices and Summary:

TURNS:
(King Zultan, Year 321.7)
Minilla attacks streamland, dealing severe damage to both armies and towns alike. Is gravely wounded and forced back into sea.

(TamerVirus, Year:321.9)
Lokhund Bloodjarls expand their territory.

(Naturegirl1999, Year 322)
Thairmar continues its attempts to cure the Purple Leaf Disease with Light Crystals to great effect.
However, this comes at a cost of severely decreasing the amount of Light Crystals that are left to harvest.

Some from Thairmar attempt to steal Light Crystals back from bandits, however they are almost never successful.

(Strik3r, YEAR 322.5)
Thaumaturges in Streamland create a paste that ignites when excessive pressure is applied, "excessive" depending on how much of the material there is packed together.

They also draw up concepts for firebombs.

(TankKit, Year 322.5-325)
The Chaos Coalition invades the High Elven Kingdom of Ukalia and replaces it with the puppet Kingdom of Dark Ukalia, the elves living there have already begun to change into Dark Elves.

A fraction of Ukalias population has survived and fled to the island west of the dungeon, where they have united under Faeleach and announced the continuation of the Kingdom of Ukalia.

The High Elves that managed to escape onto Dragolia or already lived there have all been killed or forced into slavery under the scheming immortal dragon Zoithor. However, The Elder Council of Dragolia is largely apathetic to his exploits.

(Unraveller, Year 323)
A highly anomalous and gigantic ziggurat appears from the Black Well, in the gulf between the Alliance of Blood and formerly Ukalia lands. The only marking of note on it is 'Måh Ę-Gål', which will serve as its name, for now.
((i will admit, this was the hardest turn to do of the batch, im sure to have screwed something up...))

(Strik3r, Year 323.5, Update)
The Dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have begun to make their Sky-Island by tugging chunks of floating earth behind their stolen Jahtari Sky-Ship with a magical tether system provided for experimental purposes by the University.

WORLD STATE:

The Dwarves of the Waterstone Clan have completed their digging work.

Hamsterfolk Shamans, Dorathian Kingdom and the New Qhanganate have grown some ways into their weak territories.

Purple Leaf Disease has spread within unmitigated regions. An uninhabitable deadland has formed within the Dorathian Kingdom as a result.

Red Leaf Disease has spread.

Rolls

Minilla vs. Streamland
Minilla 1d20=17
Streamland 1d20=18

When the first giant lizard was around, Streamland had no defence against it until the very end and even then victory came at a price. Now however, the new, still young "giant" lizard was met by with a hail of cannon fire from both ships and from the ground. However the rapid, violent response of Streamland seems to have terribly angered Minilla and it tore into ships and defending troops with vicious fury as the battle had been turned into one of "kill or be killed." for both the lizard and the troops of Streamland. Many soldiers met their end in the jaws of Minilla but the lizard was forced back into the sea with terrible wounds.

Minilla's damage to Streamland
1d20=18In the after math of Minilla's attack on Streamland's coast, hundreds of ships had been sunk or had been reduced to scattered, burning heaps of planks on the sea. Several large harbors and their surrounding towns suffered were practically ruined and have turned into havens for bandits, outlaws and wildlife.
(A small part of Streamland has been reduced to ruins. It may be reclaimed as weak territory.)

Thairmar continues curing the Purple Leaf Disease
1d20=20!
With most of the supply issues cleared up and all the previously delayed shipments seem to come in at once, Thairmar has suddenly come to have an overabundance of the precious golden crystals! Crystals, which they grind into dust and spread around with reckless abandon in an effort to cure their land of the disease, paying no mind to the fact that those crystals have come from somewhere.

Namely, the Golden Kingdom, and the over-exploitation of the precious resource has reduced the amount that is left in the fields surrounding the Golden Light. Replenishing of which needs memories, specifically memories of the dead.
(The spread of the Purple Leaf Disease has been greatly decreased in Thairmar. The amount of remaining Light Crystals has decreased.)

Attempts to steal Light Crystals from bandits
1d20=5
Those that attempt to steal the crystals from bandits that took them from convoys are rarely if ever successful, with most of them meeting a grisly fate via the edge of a blade.

Elder Council's reaction to Zoithor
1d20=10
The Elder Council of Dragolia's response to Zoithor forming his own realm and enslaving a whole lot of High-Elves is largely apathetic if, if slightly irritated. Zoithor was always a tyrant, schemer and a general nuisance, even when he was still part of the nation, they were already considering exiling him before the Endlaves formed, so they're probably glad to be rid of him.

But part of the reason may be that the Elder Council has far greater problems, such as the nation slowly tearing itself apart from within, as some Immortal Dragons that still live within the Council lands feel that the current council is ill-fit to rule the lands, being a bunch of lesser dragons, the Immortals think that lessers should not rule over Immortals. There have never been any plans made to replace any members of the council, as they expected to rule and remain the eldest forever. However as members of the ruling council start to succumb to the Dragonstones' curse, their numbers will thin and the council's control over the nation will weaken.

YEAR 323.5

the dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have entered into a secret agreement with some magi in the University: They have agreed to test an experimental Arcane tether system, with which they are allowed to build their sky island. They begun to carry small floating islands from around and sections cut off from Dragolia to the site of their new sky island, in the sky east of the Waterstone Clan's lands. Due to the Arcane Tether, carrying the large chunks of floating earth around doesn't seem to slow the ship down much, and they are able to make a single trip much faster than a water-sailing ship ever could.

Map and Legend

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 18, 2020, 04:46:43 pm »

Year  324

As the plague ravages the northern parts of the Dorathian Kingdom, orders are finally sent to the soldiers positioned at its outskirts to begin curing the people there - notably, they are specifically ordered to focus on curing the eastern parts first. With the construction of new bridges over the rivers underway, it seems like Dorathine the 13th 'The Warrior' plans to create a path for people to escape into the hamsterfolk shamans and spread the disease there, though this is obviously not clearly stated to anyone.

In the north, Foreus, God of Order, Peace and Earth, has made a move of his own. Traditionally a fox god of the Shamanic Pantheon, he has surprised the other gods by truly making his mark on this world for the first time in 2 centuries in a land far from where he originated. His motives are as of yet unclear, especially as these actions may well drain away all of the power he has accumulated in that time. Regardless, with Ukalia now severely weakened and essentially unable to expand east or west without incurring the ire of the Chaos Coalition, he has begun taking steps to ensure the safety of Ukalias remnants. For his first act, the mighty dungeon that once connected the two islands is torn asunder, separating Ukalia from Dark Ukalia and at least temporarily securing Ukalias safety. Now he has seemingly begun preparing for something bigger, as the island of Ukalia and the two islands to its west have all begun to experience mysterious underground tremors.

For their part, a considerable number of the High Elves of Ukalia have already begun to worship him, believing him to be their divine saviour. Those same worshippers have also begun to shun his opposing diety in the Shamanic Pantheon, Duenta, for her association with Chaos. On the other hand, Duentas warlike nature appeals to the many soldiers of this new Ukalia, and a general lack of knowledge about these mysterious fox gods has seen already confusing the two. There is a chance that their associations with Order and War respectively may begin to merge into a new, uniquely High Elven view of the Shamanic Pantheon as a single god, but it would require some luck for this to become widespread among the believers of the new gods.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76