Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124231 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2020, 07:08:49 pm »

I was just getting back to Rimworld, dammit.

Started as a lone tanky girl with a cool sword, basic sun something law.
Built a nice house with most of all available workshops and a wheat field.
Some dude wandered in, chatted with him for a bit, forgot to help and invite.
Rushed "foundation building", promoted her to inner disciple.
Girl lacks intelligence and charisma and therefore haves five minuses in attributes to law correlation, whatever that entails.
Without warning, inner disciple won't work for life.  >:( Guess i'll load a save and wait for another potential manservant.

You can recruit someone else by camping at a nearby location, entering it, finding some mortals and inviting them back to your sect.  Then, when they arrive at your sect, your cultivator can invite them to join (mortals will always accept.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2020, 10:08:12 pm »

So how does one deal with prisoners in this game? I have an enemy who has now done the circle of unconscious -> wake up -> grab a weapon -> start fires -> get beat down four times now. To be honest, I'm really rather impressed by his resilience.

However I can't seem to order my guys to slit his throat, recruit him, or throw him out.

My current plans are to use the Blazing Feather I found to create a crematorium I can throw him in to kill him with heatstroke, but surely that can't be the 'official' way you're supposed to get rid of defeated intruders.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:10:59 pm by AlStar »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2020, 10:21:21 pm »

I, uh. Usually just order someone to attack their unconscious body? Default hotkey is ` (the one that makes a ~), command is the little sword on their action panel whatsit. Never had any problems with dealing the final blow (especially not if it's the puppy, that thing's impressively murderous).

e: Though in other news, whooo boy if you get a physical cultivator up to tier 6 devouring and have a good ginseng garden or two. Suddenly 300+ stamina to remold with whoop whoop.

e2: uh

so when evil array seals the soul's option says "help out"

it apparently means help out the demonic cultivators that were hoovering up souls

whoops
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:47:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2020, 10:56:53 pm »

So how does one deal with prisoners in this game? I have an enemy who has now done the circle of unconscious -> wake up -> grab a weapon -> start fires -> get beat down four times now. To be honest, I'm really rather impressed by his resilience.

However I can't seem to order my guys to slit his throat, recruit him, or throw him out.

My current plans are to use the Blazing Feather I found to create a crematorium I can throw him in to kill him with heatstroke, but surely that can't be the 'official' way you're supposed to get rid of defeated intruders.
As Frumple says you can just kill them via attacking them again.
Also if you right click on the attack icon you also turn it into the kill icon, so your dude kills whoever without you having to attack dudes twice which is probably what you want for the most part.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2020, 11:17:27 pm »

welp, finally got to a tribulation! Quarter strength tribulation 'cause I wanted to try easy modo to start with.

turns out easy modo kicked my punch chicken's ass sideways

I was hoping to at least see some struggle or it take a bit but lol no tornado whooped my sect leader's butt in like two frames

not two seconds

two frames

now there's a giant angry demon chicken where my best cultivator used to be and it's eating my doggo

whee

e: huh

Missing limbs show on the characters. I just noticed.

... amusingly, though, it doesn't seem to register for doing stuff with said limbs? So this guy I got that lost a hand from fei baiting just kinda' levitates food when they eat :V
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:15:53 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2020, 06:49:56 am »

Well, chickens kinda suck in general.  Also frogs suck for anything but alchemy, for which they seem to have an affinity.  Or maybe just the one that I recruited purely because of that.  Pretty sure rabbits suck too, cats can be pretty good.

Bulls, Wolves, Bears, and Pandas are pretty good, depending on what school.

As Frumple says you can just kill them via attacking them again.
Also if you right click on the attack icon you also turn it into the kill icon, so your dude kills whoever without you having to attack dudes twice which is probably what you want for the most part.
The "official" way of dealing with prisoners is to throw them in an Ominious room where they either die from hunger/starvation or future attack, so you can mind them for their soul gems or whatever.  I haven't had much luck with it, personally.  Maybe use heat/cold to kill as well?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2020, 07:15:48 am »

The "official" way of dealing with prisoners is to throw them in an Ominious room where they either die from hunger/starvation or future attack, so you can mind them for their soul gems or whatever.  I haven't had much luck with it, personally.  Maybe use heat/cold to kill as well?
Nah, the official way to deal with them is to use soul inquiry to steal all their arts.
Lacking that (or assuming you already evilly stole it or its a monster) then you just kill them and then stick them in the ominus room since the dying timer is like 300 seconds and your dudes should be able to drag them all the way there before they technically die.

But yeah, if you want to stick them in the room and then have them naturally die putting some intense heat/cold in there is the way to go about it, although even that's risky cause they could wake up and run out like 10 seconds after you stick them in and annoyingly make you attack them to stop them stealing shit.

E: Also, fun fact, dead/dying monsters can still break through to the next stage, granting you precious better loot.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:23:11 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2020, 08:12:01 am »

Well, chickens kinda suck in general.  Also frogs suck for anything but alchemy, for which they seem to have an affinity.  Or maybe just the one that I recruited purely because of that.  Pretty sure rabbits suck too, cats can be pretty good.
I mean... maybe? The chicken was doing remarkably well prior to tribulation. Walked all over the local demon weeks before, had a flat out max stage mixed element arm and actually managed to get the shinbone stuff up and running, combat wise they seemed to be going pretty solid. 'Bout two thirds of the way to second breakthrough, even, which seems to be pretty good for a sub-60 day tribulation from what I've seen so far?

The angry tornado just beat them like someone knocking dirt out of an old rug.

E: Though I can definitely vouch for bull yaoguai making stupidly good outer disciples, at a minimum. If I could find a decent way to just cut off their tribulation and not need to advance to inner disciple or functionally die, I'd be all over that. Blighters are like tier 6+ vessels except they actually do things... the chicken in question's map was a canyon, and by that day 40-50-ish tribulation a pair of bull yaoguai had managed to mine away something like half or better the minable tiles on the map. Shit was intense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:18:35 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:36 pm »

Anyone know how to interact with the "Spring Festival Minion" (event name "Strange Little Elf") - I can't seem to attack it, talk to it... or even click on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »

No clue, heh. Maybe trap it inside walls...?

In other news, today I've learned that disaster relief appears to have to come through the disaster relief policy. Game doesn't give two shits if you got the 1k brownstone to build the dam, you can't just shove it into the agency and call it a day.

Real unfortunate to learn that with seven days left before the disaster came to the unfortunate conclusion, though :-\

e: also, it's weird and possibly some sort of bug, but apparently winter/late autumn is like the best season for farming xp out of any of them, if you want to turn some outers into lean mean herb gardening machines. Just set out a few fields of poplar; the trees apparently will rapidly die off completely and get replanted.

e2:Ooh, nice. Confirmation Fei may occasionally show up again on Fei environment maps. This setting is the gift that keeps on giving (amazing furs and beast blood).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:06:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2020, 09:45:08 pm »

Fei and lushu can show up on any map (as seen when they arrived in the middle of one of my dudes core formations and ruined the weather), although the odds are probably higher on a fei/lushu map.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2020, 09:47:48 pm »

Well, hopefully. Does lushu make for great clothing, too?
Ask not!
Ask!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2020, 11:03:18 pm »

Well, hopefully. Does lushu make for great clothing, too?
Pretty sure lushu, fei, and demon skin all make identical clothing except for the color, which is a fairly big difference because Fei clothing looks like normal clothing, and demon clothing is super easy to differentiate cause its neon purple. Dunno about Lushu, think its bright orange or something?

In other news male cultivators are the best cultivators, cause you can make their wangs fall off then sell them for 300+ spirit stones and they don't even care.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2020, 11:09:55 pm »

Yeah, I had a lushu foolishly show up at my sect. Tis indeed identical stat wise to fei. Color wise they just look like someone bleached a fei to my eyes, though with flux running that might not be entirely accurate. Seem to be more or less white, anyway.

Though money... I'm waiting for the next merchant to see if my plan will work out. Last one just flat wasn't paying for gear. If the next one is... I got an outer disciple (and another one soon to follow, they're grinding out their crafting XP on a huge pile of darksteel I found at copperton) that just sort of prints tier 9 weapons out of spirit stone blocks. Waiting to see how much they'll sell for, heh.

E: Last thing learned before calling it a night: Don't, I repeat, do not, fish with outer disciples. Don't do it. Fishing is apparently staggeringly deadly for folks without active qi. I was hoping the outers wouldn't also fish up angey yaoguai.

It was a misplaced hope. Misplaced like poor Luqi's spine soon after they started fishing.

E2: Though... anyone know of a really detailed breakdown in how crafting exactly works? I'm kinda' confused at this point, I got a critter with a crafting score a dozen-ish points higher than another of my outers (78 vs 63), nearly double the artisanry (if admittedly all of 15 vs 8 ), and they're producing weapons a solid 30-40 points lower in quality. The one with the lower crafting/artisanry score is printing out named spirit stone weapons, the other can't even hit full 100 quality.

I'm guessing it has to do with a difference in artifact crafting and/or magic, or something going on with the backgrounds (the higher is born craftsman + craftsman + ... something not related to crafting, the lower leader of men/broken meridians + spy), or maybe just a quirk of one having maxed 20/20 crafting level and the other not), but it'd be nice to be not guessing.

e3: though related to that, anyone know of a way to grind artisan? Only thing I've seen that even gives it experience at all so far is zithers, and it'd be nice if there's a better way than littering your sect with zithers and hoping.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:22:25 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2020, 01:19:53 am »

Anyone know how to interact with the "Spring Festival Minion" (event name "Strange Little Elf") - I can't seem to attack it, talk to it... or even click on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

According to the second guide, you activate fireworks when they appear, they get scared and drop stuff.

Also, it appears that if you transcribe the Resurrection Law into the manual shelf, they you can pick up Lesser Possession at Qi Shaping (starting level) rather than at Golden Core.  Useful if your guy sucks, probably going to try it with the old geezer I modded.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43