Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124235 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #435 on: February 05, 2021, 05:30:04 am »

...She has four ears.

To give some reference for fighting the shapeshifting tribulation, my yaoguai had a little over 13000 Qi, a great artifact, a spoiler treasure, 20 barrier skill, shield pill, Qi regen pill, and I suicided 4 guys into the tribulation to rebuild the Qi collecting cushion that got broken and he just *barely* made it.
The wolf I recently passed with had 25,000 Qi, 2x tier7 q50ish artifacts, 18 Artifact Mastery 10 Protect, no qi cushion or pills. Had a bit less than half her qi remaining at the end.

The calculation I read for Protect skill is that every point adds a 0.5x multiplier to your effective qi in regards to how much damage you can take. Example, with 2000qi and a Protect skill of 3, you'd be able to effectively take 5000qi of damage with that(2000 x (1 + 0.5 x 3)), of course not counting other factors. Of which there are probably many. So for 13,000qi and 20 Protect, it's 26,000qi for tanking damage. For 25,000qi and 10 Protect, you can tank 125,000qi of damage.

I've also read that you should probably ditch artifacts, especially defensively poor ones with high qi pools, for tribulations. This being that the artifact will bleed the user's qi to recharge. Low qi artifacts are apparently better because overflow damage to the artifact is lost, so an artifact with, say, 50qi, takes 250qi of damage from the tribulation, the extra 200qi is wasted. The artifact will only pull 50qi from its owner to recover.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2021, 05:57:54 am »

Poor little Wolf Inner... Someday, she'll deserve an actual name, like Pochi or Fido. Unlike my guys, "Junk", "Toss", "Maybe Abbot", "Fodder", or my favorite, "Double Zerostat".

...She has four ears.

It's always fun to see how they resolve that issue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2021, 06:52:02 am »

I've also read that you should probably ditch artifacts, especially defensively poor ones with high qi pools, for tribulations. This being that the artifact will bleed the user's qi to recharge. Low qi artifacts are apparently better because overflow damage to the artifact is lost, so an artifact with, say, 50qi, takes 250qi of damage from the tribulation, the extra 200qi is wasted. The artifact will only pull 50qi from its owner to recover.

Several people have been very vocal in espousing these strategies, but I feel like it's probably something that only works in the late-game, when you can pour resources into inflating the tier of your artifact so that it ends up with high attack power despite it's low qi pool.
I've done a bit of savescumming to experiment around this, and at least at the point I am with the game, using whatever has the highest attack power and fastest speed yields far better results than any of the low-qi-pool artifacts I've tried.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2021, 11:12:53 am »

...She has four ears.
All the better to hear you with, dearie *old lady cackles*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2021, 02:44:17 pm »

I think it's accurate, but I really don't like how exploitative that is. There needs to be a consequence for just making thousands of Qi in an attack disappear. Maybe the artifact wears down. Maybe it breaks. Maybe the owner get's hurt. Something.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2021, 03:25:02 am »

Poor little Wolf Inner... Someday, she'll deserve an actual name, like Pochi or Fido. Unlike my guys, "Junk", "Toss", "Maybe Abbot", "Fodder", or my favorite, "Double Zerostat".

Wolf should count herself lucky that she didn't qualify for a water law, else she might have ended up among the ranks of "Wet Cultivator", "Damp Cultivator", and "Moist Cultivator".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 09, 2021, 06:01:37 am »

Spring Festival thing is active. This allows you to access the Otherworld Rift.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sent bunny girl there and got a book and decent amount of much-needed inspiration. Presumably, since she isn't back yet, the book unlocks festive decoration buildings.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2021, 04:59:34 am »

About a week ago, I was savescumming to reroll Primordial Spirit attackers until they turned into Golden Core attackers, which I was just barely able to endure. But I invested in four Grand Chariot Wisdom cultivators, as well as an artifact crafter to make some decent weapons for them.

My efforts paid off a couple days ago, when I got attacked by 2 Primordial Spirits, each with over 150k qi reserves and 3 weapons apiece, with each of the weapons holding an additional 100k+ qi. I thought for sure I would have to scum them, but I threw my cultivators at them just to see how far I would get, and was pleasantly surprised when my Grand Chariot's managed to defeat the enemies without a single injury, and only one close call! I've not had any defeats since then.

Still, I know that greater challenges lay ahead, so I need to keep getting stronger. To that end I've been dumping huge amounts of influence into attempting to recruit a Talisman Cultivator. Unfortunately they require extremely high perception and intelligence, which is a rare combo. Far more rare still when I'm insisting that they have good Qi Sense as well.
Finally, running low on inspiration reserves and growing tired of wasting valuable time, I promoted one of my outers with only a 70% law match. But after I had her gather inspiration and learn some stat-boosting manuals, she jumped up to 130% law match, which I was able to further boost to 145% by equipping some rare trinkets I purchased from the other sects. Enough for a decent IV Golden Core.

And the talismans she makes are soooo good. My Grand Chariots have more than doubled their previous Artifact Power, and I'm working on a spellcaster who should be able to burst for over 300k damage at a time! Kinda disappointed that this law does not contain the talismans for artifact crafting and alchemy, but I'll work towards those next.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 11, 2021, 05:33:18 am »

I've learned how to make spirit crystals.

Should I build a room out of them? Gaining spirit stones as material isn't too hard, as I've been milling them into bows already.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2021, 07:02:57 am »

I've learned how to make spirit crystals.

Should I build a room out of them?

Probably start by building some Magic Altar's from them. But after that, sure, make super fancy rooms.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »

I've never seen anyone talk about making stuff out of spirit crystal blocks. Always spirit stone blocks. So I assume that there isn't much , if any, benefit. I only use them to boost cultivation speed of primordial spirit guys.

Also, waiting until you get crazy yield bonuses on an alchemy guy might end up giving you more crystals, saving you a lot of spirit stones.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2021, 02:12:16 pm »

Eh, it's fancier than spirit stone, somewhat? Other than that their effectiveness as building material is pretty identical, from what I could tell experimenting with it.

But yeah, you can money print with them if you can get three or more crystals to the batch, iirc. Makes for easy trading if you can get to that point.
Ask not!
Ask!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 11, 2021, 06:53:52 pm »

Eh, it's fancier than spirit stone, somewhat? Other than that their effectiveness as building material is pretty identical, from what I could tell experimenting with it.

But yeah, you can money print with them if you can get three or more crystals to the batch, iirc. Makes for easy trading if you can get to that point.
Spirit crystal is fancier, both more beautiful and of higher refinement, which means that buildings you make out of it are higher quality.

Obviously its not as important as making sure that all your buildings are V auspicious, but in theory you want basically every wall that isn't directly next to a node and every floor that isn't directly under one to be made of spirit crystal.
As spirit crystal is crazy expensive making stuff out of spirit stone instead is basically the way to go since its like 100 times cheaper.

That said, aside from inner bedrooms building quality kinda just doesn't really matter as long as its all V ausp, and even for inner bedrooms all making them having amazing rooms (which give like a +30->+50 mood buff depending on how great the room is) is likely to do is make them gain the hedonist trait faster.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:03 pm »

Killed the demon bull on my map. It had reached Golden Core since I last scouted it. Sent puppers(now at 30% growth) out first, then my sect leader, and then three outers armed with spiritstone bows. Huajuan had about 40k-45k qi, finished with 10k qi. The beast had 19k.

EDIT: I feel like an idiot. You can adventure in locations owned by other sects, for example to gather resources. The only thing lacking access prevents you from doing is merely entering the map. If I had known this earlier, I'd probably have my two inners at Golden Core already. I just picked up 10 Ganoderma from Mt. Nelumbo in one run, which is roughly how much I've grown total my entire playthrough. I've got 50 total tiles for Lingzhi, on spirit soil and currently in hot-houses to grow.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:27:37 am by Akura »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:01 am »

Oh. Yeah, remember if you haven't managed to actively piss them off, it only takes 1 spirit stone to open the door to gifts then 200 stone worth of whatever to gain access. S'pretty helpful to take a moment to open everyone up once you have enough loot to afford it.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43