Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125893 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2021, 09:19:23 am »

Getting very close to my sect leader reaching Golden Core. Made a few save-scummed attempts at it, in fact. Can't get any higher than a tier 7 core though. Unfortunately, I missed the highest point of the season(Earth law, so "end of season"). The breakthrough preview is showing the cultivation room having one minus to room qi, but the cultivation page shows five pluses for room qi. Not sure what's going on there.

Said room is a 5x5 square with igneocopper floor. A cushion in the center has three displays with beast blood surrounding it, and several displays 3 tiles away with spiritwood. The corners of the room have ice bars to keep the room survivable, especially for any outers who might be doing chores in there. Not sure what else I can change to make it better.

Sect leader's max qi is 3962, and was fed a spirit stone, qi regen pill, and purity pill just before the attempt, which took place around midday to maximize yin/yang bonus. Got about 2/3rds of the way through tier 7 before her qi ran out. Wasn't able to score any Earth Flux beforehand, despite numerous save-scums just before the adventure event at the place you can harvest it. I suspect the game rolls the adventure event shortly before it pops up, or else there's some other anti-scum method in place. I saved just seconds before the popup, and after a few, different(and useless) events, it just kept giving me the "enjoy mortal realm/wreak havoc in mortal realm" event.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2021, 03:04:25 pm »

Only certain types of cultivators can get Earth Flux, if I recall.  Usually I just trade for it for my first few Inners.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2021, 03:18:10 pm »

Getting very close to my sect leader reaching Golden Core. Made a few save-scummed attempts at it, in fact. Can't get any higher than a tier 7 core though. Unfortunately, I missed the highest point of the season(Earth law, so "end of season"). The breakthrough preview is showing the cultivation room having one minus to room qi, but the cultivation page shows five pluses for room qi. Not sure what's going on there.

Said room is a 5x5 square with igneocopper floor. A cushion in the center has three displays with beast blood surrounding it, and several displays 3 tiles away with spiritwood. The corners of the room have ice bars to keep the room survivable, especially for any outers who might be doing chores in there. Not sure what else I can change to make it better.

Sect leader's max qi is 3962, and was fed a spirit stone, qi regen pill, and purity pill just before the attempt, which took place around midday to maximize yin/yang bonus. Got about 2/3rds of the way through tier 7 before her qi ran out. Wasn't able to score any Earth Flux beforehand, despite numerous save-scums just before the adventure event at the place you can harvest it. I suspect the game rolls the adventure event shortly before it pops up, or else there's some other anti-scum method in place. I saved just seconds before the popup, and after a few, different(and useless) events, it just kept giving me the "enjoy mortal realm/wreak havoc in mortal realm" event.

I'm not sure how many spoilers you want so I will try to stick to mechanics that aren't really explained. You want to look for Qi gathering items and place them on displays (beast blood doesn't gather Qi).  A range of 1 means that tile, a range of 2 means it reached all adjacent (not diagonal) tiles. This makes spirit wood great because it has a Qi range long enough to support your breakthrough, without affecting the wood element of the tile the cultivator is on. So you want a bunch of high Qi gathering items within range of wherever you are having your cultivator breakthrough (maybe take a look at a giant ginko if you have one). Fengshui helps. Qi takes a few days to build up. Only the element on the specific tile the breakthrough is taking place on matters.

Qi regen pills don't help as regen is disabled during GC breakthrough.

Ganoderma and red ginseng boost max Qi, so grow some fields of ginseng and Lingzhi early and shove a few of those in their face before they breakthrough, and max Qi is super important so just learn all the max Qi manuals. Constitution and intelligence affect the Qi sense skill, which in turn affects Max Qi, so if you have the inspiration, might as well learn manuals for those too.

Only certain types of cultivators can get Earth Flux, if I recall.  Usually I just trade for it for my first few Inners.

I learned this recently. You need a cultivator who's law feeds the object they are trying to get. So you would need a fire cultivator to search for earth flux (I assume it's of earth element, can't remember)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2021, 04:52:10 pm »

Events are decided ~3 days beforehand, so if you want to save scum you need to go at least 4 days back. Parts of the events are determined when you actually do them (eg. what roll you get on it, what rewards you get for some, what exact enemies pop up to murder you), but the type of event is determined long beforehand.
I think its different for dudes you send on adventure (as obviously adventures don't last 3 days), and save scumming should typically work there, although as EuchreJack points out you flat out can't succeed at getting earth flux without a Fire/Earth cultivator.
As Micro says, not sure how much spoilers you want... but basically you want to stuff as much element appropriate qi gather in the room as possible, the more the better. Also as Micro says you need to wait for 5 full days after dropping the last thing with qi gather down for your cultivation room if you want to get the proper bonus for it.
Note that it being element appropriate is more important than the qi gather. If you stick a wrong element thing too close it messes up the element which is worse then the qi bonus it gives.
(maybe take a look at a giant ginko if you have one).
All range 4 stuff only has a element range of 3, which means you can stick them at range 4 and they still help a great deal. Similarly, most range 5 stuff has element range 4, which means you can stick them at range 5 and they still help.
However this notably does *not* apply to giant ginko, which has both a qi and element range of 5 and is thus useless for anything besides fire cultivating (which needs wood element).
Unfortunately, I missed the highest point of the season(Earth law, so "end of season").
I'll just throw this super hand season breakthrough guide out there so you can just know ahead of time when to watch for breakthrough so you don't accidently miss it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2021, 05:15:51 pm »

One huge factor I did not see Akura or anyone else mention is Mental State. Getting your cultivator past that 95% mental state threshold is usually worth one or two GC tiers. You can use a Story Talisman to help boost this early on; Story is bad for cultivation speed, but won't negatively impact breakthrough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Law Match is another big factor, though a bit more difficult to manipulate. Whatever attributes your law uses, learn any skills available to boost those attributes. If you need Charisma, you can craft bracelets and equip them to boost charisma, with scaling based on the attractiveness of the bracelet; spiritwood timber makes a very attractive bracelet! For other stat-boosting tools, check the trade menu at any friendly sects every few weeks; they occasionally stock tools which you cannot craft, and usually sell them cheap!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 15, 2021, 06:18:40 am »

Okay this thread got me so confused I had to get the game.

I know nothing at all about Chinese martial arts literature, so I am preparing to not understand a thing about what's happening.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 15, 2021, 02:52:10 pm »

Search for "wuxia world" and just read anything. There are novels and many of said novels have been turned into manga/manhwua.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 15, 2021, 03:29:59 pm »

Thanks, I should probably have a look at that, this is pretty alien.

What I understand so far from the tutorials, this is like rock, paper, scissor with isometric 3d graphics and giant trees.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 15, 2021, 04:46:30 pm »

You should use the discord. It's well organized and the people are very friendly. I've gotten tons of help there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2021, 10:12:09 pm »

Eh... the caveat I'd put on going out and reading wuxia/xianxia is that, well. A lot of the major/main characters in those things are just colossally terrible people.

It's not a genre you want to wade into without being aware you're going to run into wildly unethical MCs and secondary characters -- mass murder/genocide and torture, rape and various sorts of mind control or slavery, murderously rampant theft, the list just kinda'... goes. There's a lot of interesting ideas (that, obviously enough, are particularly relevant to ACS), but as a genre there's a lot of literary sewage (even relative to general fiction) to swim through and some commonly repeating themes that are pretty damn nasty.

So, like. Tread careful if you're going to tread, and don't hesitate to just drop something like it's a poisoned cow patty and move on. One unabashedly good thing about punch magic fantasy stuff is there's oodles -- millions upon millions of words -- of the junk out there these days, even if they're not a major print genre outside their home countries. If you run into something unpleasant just go find something else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 16, 2021, 12:44:17 am »

Huh.... All the manga versions I've read had the MCs be generally decent. Maybe the artists took some creative liberties?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2021, 05:27:14 am »

My Talisman Cultivator is now up to 25k Artifact Battle Power, significantly outclassing my old team of Grand Chariot's who each have around 10k ABP. And I was pleasantly surprised to see my Sunflower Cultivator leap to 15k after learning Unus. I'm strongly considering retiring a couple of the Chariot's soon, to make room for more promising cultivators. Though I may just set them to permanent adventuring instead.

I recently made my first Body Cultivator. Definitely a learning curve here, but figuring out all these new systems is what I love about this game. She's currently busy breathing in a room full of animals, tombs, and a rainbow of qi gathering items.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2021, 05:40:07 am »

It's not as though we're all that great in ACS either though-- we have skills that brainwash people, suck the life out of them, and treat pretty much everybody as disposable tools.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2021, 07:22:25 am »

It's not as though we're all that great in ACS either though-- we have skills that brainwash people, suck the life out of them, and treat pretty much everybody as disposable tools.

Also "Hell Gates" are a thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2021, 08:01:03 am »

Huh.... All the manga versions I've read had the MCs be generally decent. Maybe the artists took some creative liberties?
From what I've seen of manga/manwha adaptations, that tends to be what happens, yeah. Mix of that, the particularly odious ones just not getting adapted, and the medium leaving out (unfortunate) details just due to the nature of the format.

And yeah, ACS is quite true to common punch magic fantasy tropes, so... you can be a pretty horrible person. Nature of the presentation abstracts exactly what's going on more than writing does, though, and there's more freedom to not be a genocidal asshole if you don't want to be instead of just being along for the murder/etc. ride.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:04:35 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43