Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124228 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2023, 08:10:14 pm »

Just started Physical cultivation. Picked a random guy of little importance(other than the love triangle he was involved in).

I have no idea what I'm doing. Sort of. After a day or two, I've gotten a few points of Tempered Flesh, and Ancestral Throwback on his left arm. I also semi-followed a guide to build a breathing room, but I don't know how to work that. I've got his schedule to breathe for most of the day at scattered intervals, but I don't think he's acquired any essence from that. The room isn't entirely finished, as well, I need more qi-gathering stuff and a corpse to bury.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2023, 05:33:00 am »

O yeah I remember taking way too long figuring out Body cultivators. Let me try and break it down.

You are either going to be breathing or remolding. Breathing is sucking up Qi and I guess other stuff from your surroundings to get essences. If you have fire Qi items nearby you will get more fire essence, breath at night and you are more likely to get lunar essence. A tomb with a corpse in it is a good way to get wraith essence. (and for some essences you need to devour things)

Remolding is where you consume the essences to roll random modifiers for a body part, like Ancestral Throwback.

When you press the remold button in the cultivation tab, you will see at the top different tabs depending on which law your character knows. The goal here is to get the modifiers listed in the bottom right for that body part filled out so you can equip it as a "secret body". Since you can only add 6 different types of modifiers, try to stick to the ones listed (unless they are really good ones like Ancestral throwback, or if you know for sure that no new requirements will appear as you complete the secret body). Also note that modifiers that say "increases secret body X" means those increases only apply when the body part they are applied to is part of an equipped "secret body", and defenses stats will only work when a secret body is equipped in a defensive slot (same with offensive and utility). So when boosting body parts that aren't part of a secret body, choose modifiers that say that it boosts "the physical cultivator's X".

So to sum it up:

1) Breath stuff in
2) Remold secret bodies
3) Remold everything else

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2023, 04:38:09 pm »

Yeah, I'm discovering that the Xianxia equivalent of Kirby is actually not as complicated as it looks. It just looks intimidating, there's some RNG involved, and Physical cultivators are some hongry bois.

A group of the Qi-shapers attacked, and my basic bodybuilder probably could have soloed all three, but I needed to keep them from moving around and attacking or stealing from other parts of the map, and therefor had the dog and another cultivator help. The one he was fighting actually tried to sneak away from the fight, and managed to pocket a stack of 30 beast bloods before she got put down. After dragging her to the Hellgate to finish the process of committing die, I buried her in the Physical cultivator's breathing room. Now he's going to be standing over her remains, inhaling the vapors.

Oh there's one important thing to remember about Physical cultivators that sets them apart from Xiandao and Shendao: they have no shield. They don't block damage with their Qi. They simply take the damage and regenerate. It probably not that hard to build a cultivator that can regenerate faster than they take damage.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2023, 06:04:45 pm »

When having one character tank multiple people, I just have them attack once, tell them to stop and attack another, and the aggro just stays on them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 12, 2023, 08:20:42 am »

May have made an oof with my bear guy, by giving him Six Paths Reincarnation and trying to push for Primordial Spirit. The first step of Six Paths' PS stage resets them to being an outer. Progress seems to be random, but it's looking like it takes between 15-20 days to finish. From what I hear, though, it takes a lot of cultivation to reach the next step, where they can actually be as powerful as a Primordial Spirit-level cultivator is supposed to be. I'm at 41% of the outer stage, but have 24 days before tribulation. He still does have a little over 41k qi, but I don't know if he can actually use that to defend himself in this state. Not that would be enough.

EDIT: Broke through at 16 days left... and dropped in power dramatically. Good news, I unlocked Supreme Clarity Cave. I can just camp him there quasi-permanently.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:44:16 am by Akura »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2023, 09:00:35 am »

Still playing this.(can't stop. help)

Started doing a the main quest, and ran into a brick wall when my current interrogation target, possibly the last one I need for the first mystery, has a Withdrawn personality. That means you cannot break their emotional guard(limits favor to 60, need 100 to get their secrets) with anything except the dog's 100 Intelligence ability. Except that my dog's Intelligence was nowhere 100 and I hadn't seen them training for some time.

Did some testing and research, and found some things about how to manage your pet. They'll only train if their leisure stat is full, and training is seemingly only effective if you do not interrupt the session(despite the dog saying otherwise). At 100 nutrition, a training session seems to take 20 nutrition and increase Intelligence by about 6. Might be variable.

Increasing leisure is a bit tricky. Obviously, your dog can't be doing work around the sect. I may have screwed myself a bit by having the dog's labor training set to maximum for most tasks. Even if minimized, the dog will stand there talking about the work. You can interrupt that until the dog takes an action to restore leisure or train. So far, I've found that "(Playing) Take a Rest" restores leisure, but "(Playing) Take a look around" and "Follow *disciple*" do not. "Missing", where you have a cultivator on an adventure and the dog is asking about them, restores a lot of leisure, almost enough to fill it in one action.

I also just started the Thousand-year Tide events. Some fun will be heading my way soon.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2023, 10:27:28 am »

I had one (fairly decent ~100%) initiate in each of the starting schools. Then one of my disciples (I want to say the water one) managed to take a bunch of enchanted bricks to the face in a really pathetic show of strength against two shit-tier attackers (3-on-2 fight, in our favor). Then my fire disciple literally boiled his brain trying to reduce his training costs with a high-level fire pill (I'd never seen it before - got it as a reward for helping out a sect) whoops.

Now, all my remaining outer disciples are useless twats (no better than 50% attunement to any element, let alone the two that I need to replace). I've been sending the worst of the lot to found new settlements, but it's slim pickings. Might need to try the trick I saw in the other thread of actually flying over to a village and talking up the NPCs there.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2023, 01:01:55 pm »

Yeah, the dog is one of the most disappointing aspects of the game. So much of a grind if you want to do things the "good" way, and it's the only good way. I think you can also find them outside their sect and beat them up and interrogate them, but I've never tried it. It makes me want to install the mod that just lets you skip the social minigame.

As for talking to people in towns, I've never even thought about doing that before. I always had trouble finding people early game.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 21, 2023, 02:01:26 pm »

As for talking to people in towns, I've never even thought about doing that before. I always had trouble finding people early game.
Apparently it works pretty well, but it *also* requires the social minigame and a good social cultivator soooo...

Of course I also obsessively reroll at the start for perfect people so its not like I really need people that much. And also getting proper high quality cults is so *tedious* in this game (especially before you get big agencies) that if all my good cults die off I would just restart.

E:
I had one (fairly decent ~100%) initiate in each of the starting schools. Then one of my disciples (I want to say the water one) managed to take a bunch of enchanted bricks to the face in a really pathetic show of strength against two shit-tier attackers (3-on-2 fight, in our favor). Then my fire disciple literally boiled his brain trying to reduce his training costs with a high-level fire pill (I'd never seen it before - got it as a reward for helping out a sect) whoops.
Yeah, game is brutal with hidden mechanics.
For the Sun Pill you need like 77k max qi to survive (and unless you have like 100k you want to have a magic healer on hand right away so they don't die moments later).
If it was the Crimson Fruit then uh... don't?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 02:13:22 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 21, 2023, 03:04:12 pm »

Can any of you folks recommend a decent tutorial playlist on Youtube? Someone who can explain all this stuff as it happens in game, maybe answers questions in the comments? I don't know why I keep bouncing off of this but the in-game tutorials aren't great and there's so much crap to keep track off (even without counting the literal crap).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 21, 2023, 03:31:20 pm »

Yeah, game is brutal with hidden mechanics.
For the Sun Pill you need like 77k max qi to survive (and unless you have like 100k you want to have a magic healer on hand right away so they don't die moments later).
If it was the Crimson Fruit then uh... don't?
I decided to look it up just now on the wiki - it was an Origin: Fire - like I said, I'd never seen or heard of it before.

Hmm, well - lookit that:
The Cultivator must practice a Law of the same Element as the Origin, and must have reached the final Cultivation Level of Primordial Spirit or Demigod (12th Cultivation Level), or the Cultivator will be immediately killed.

I feel like the warning on the item description could have been a little less vague on that one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 21, 2023, 06:37:52 pm »

It's one of the bits about the game where if you have a background familiarity with xianxia/martial arts fantasy, you'd probably realize ahead of time eating something called Origin: Fire would probably make your head asplode. It's like thinking it's a good idea to nibble on the core of a star or a somehow solidified fragment of the big bang or somethin', heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 21, 2023, 07:03:22 pm »

I feel like the warning on the item description could have been a little less vague on that one.
Oh sure. And the warning on the sun pill could have been less vague as well. Pretty sure in the distant past I had one of my cults chow down on one after reaching GC, only for them to just fall over dead.

And the tutorial on how cultivation spots work could have been less vague.

And how much exactly bedroom materials for different cultivator elements matter could have been less vague too. (Note the answer is not one tiny bit, don't torture your cults with freezing or boiling rooms).

And so could like half the mechanics in the game.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 22, 2023, 05:56:11 am »

Bedroom element only matters if you're cultivating in bed. Which you shouldn't be doing anyway. Otherwise, jade rooms with darksteel beds for the win.

Finished the first mystery last night, started working on the second. Had to make repeat visits to Mt. Hundred Insects because I missed a clue there.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 22, 2023, 04:10:37 pm »

Bedroom element only matters if you're cultivating in bed. Which you shouldn't be doing anyway. Otherwise, jade rooms with darksteel beds for the win.
Not even then does the bedroom element matter, all that matters is the element of 1) The bed, and 2) The floor directly underneath, and 3) The walls within a single tile of the bed.

Of course you also need to make sure its not a V. Ominous room so they don't die in their sleep, but that's fairly easy to manage as spirit stone walls never mess up your feng shui.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43