Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124166 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2021, 07:37:14 pm »

The Speaker steps out to the side of the drone, holding his needle vertically, close to his body.

We’re humonculi.  We’re here on a mission from the Magi.  We need to see your Master, Alice…

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
"Psst, the Magi's name is Elias."

Huh?!  Elias?  Are they a Magi?!  I thought they were just a mage!…
"Well they were definitely something."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2021, 07:39:54 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip basks in his success.

Watch the proceedings quietly.  Drone holds still, but starts punching if things go south.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2021, 07:45:06 pm »

Grey examines the bird hydra and the cactus men through his needle.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
All the odd creatures here have, at their core beyond the glass and plant goo, a wriggling ball of roots much like the one in the flameball downstairs. Products of the same magic.

Bob was slightly disappointed the cannons didn't shoot themselves. He found the cactuspeople interesting but lacking in belts. It seemed there was nothing on this deck for Bob either. Maybe the belts were hoarded on the upper levels.

Bob remains quiet while trying to figure out where a mage would stash their belts in the magic tower. If attacked, Bob defends himself with his phantom wolf claws or Needle.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

[1][+1 fate point, -1 hp]
Bob becomes convinced mages don't have belts- they hold their pants up with magic of course- and immediately collapses in disappointment.

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip basks in his success.

Watch the proceedings quietly.  Drone holds still, but starts punching if things go south.
The Speaker steps out to the side of the drone, holding his needle vertically, close to his body.

We’re humonculi.  We’re here on a mission from the Magi.  We need to see your Master, Alice…

Instruct my grasslings to defend myself if hostilities ensue. Otherwise wait for negotiations to conclude.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

"Hello captain, we're here to help with stuff."
Stay with the group.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Gentlebirds and succulents, we have been sent here to investigate a disturbance. Now, what seems to be the matter?"
Flamedude will do his best to defuse the situation, and get extra info out of the birds in the process.
Step to the side of the bronze drone, holding my needle as a staff of office.

"We're here on business. By what rights do you detain us?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
[4,2,1][Fate point for Genesis]

"Hello captain, we're here to help with stuff."

"Stuff? Stuff....Stuff? Homunculi..."

"Gentlebirds and succulents, we have been sent here to investigate a disturbance. Now, what seems to be the matter?"

"A clever ploy, but I will not be fooled!"

"We're here on business. By what rights do you detain us?"

INSOLENCE! BLACKCOAT! HIGHWAYMAN! SCOUNDREL AND RAGAMUFFIN! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR YOUR IMPUTENCE!

The wing holding the sword shifts to be both Yellow and Pink, while the one holding the wing back becomes Red and Green.

"Homunculi...they're the hand of the Magi."

They wear the symbol of the Watcher and carry the weapons of their office.

LIARS! IMPOSTERS! They must be the intruders! Who else could have done this!?

If they are Homunculi let them prove it in honorable combat! Agents of the most high should have that power, should they not! Hah!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2021, 08:29:54 pm »

"And what sort of trial of combat do you intend to put us through? Send wave after wave of your own men at us? because I assure you, Homunculi do not have a set kill limit."
Use the Needle defensively for now, but hoover up any plantboy bits that happen to be nearby and loot a rifle off a corpse if possible; stay out of the drones way

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2021, 08:32:04 pm »

Grey steps forward and bows, addressing the toucan.

"Please accept our apologies, captain, we meant no disrespect. I assure you that we have had no involvement in whatever transpired here and that the Magi did indeed send us. "

If negotiations go south, Grey will attack anyone attempting to do him harm.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:46:26 pm by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2021, 04:35:29 am »

"This is all a misunderstanding we're here to help."
Try talking, but if talking fails use needle to defend self.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2021, 05:39:44 am »

Youare prepares to fight a magic bird-hydra in the best detective manner.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2021, 12:18:11 pm »

Again instruct my guys to defend me if this goes south.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2021, 04:09:11 pm »

The despair was crushing, like dozens of belts wrapped too tightly around him. Bob forlorn picked himself up off the ground, only half-heartedly listening to the conversation. It sounded like they might be about to get into a fight, and as Bob gazed upon the shouty yellow toucan head he was struck with hope. Why, that long neck would be a perfect belt and the head would be a great natural buckle. "Well, if we do have to fight at least I'll have a reason to rip that loud toucan's neck off. It'll make a great belt to show others why they shouldn't hinder Homunculi business."

Bob gazes hungrily at the yellow toucan's neck while the others talk to the bird-hydra. Bob defends himself with his phantom wolf claws (or Needle if the claws would hit other Homunculi) if attacked.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2021, 08:49:03 pm »

Engaging us in combat would be a mistake.  We are humonculi, here to see Eliot.  We are here on official business!

The Speaker kept calm, but prepared to defend himself if things went south.  He also politely asked his body to heal itself, just in case.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2021, 08:51:12 pm »

Grey steps forward and bows, addressing the toucan.

"Please accept our apologies, captain, we meant no disrespect. I assure you that we have had no involvement in whatever transpired here and that the Magi did indeed send us. "

If negotiations go south, Grey will attack anyone attempting to do him harm.

[2]
The Toucan completely ignores your impassioned appeal and continues trying to free its saber from its own grip.

"This is all a misunderstanding we're here to help."
Try talking, but if talking fails use needle to defend self.
[1] [+1 Fate point]

"Can we just cut off one of the less rational heads and end this tie? Its starting to get silly."

"ASSASSIN!"

"And what sort of trial of combat do you intend to put us through? Send wave after wave of your own men at us? because I assure you, Homunculi do not have a set kill limit."
Use the Needle defensively for now, but hoover up any plantboy bits that happen to be nearby and loot a rifle off a corpse if possible; stay out of the drones way
[5]
The Pink bird looks at you for a long moment and then laughs.

"This one I like!"

The wing holding back the sword shifts to include pink and then all the feathers shift back into their random colors. Green, Pink, and Red all face the group while Yellow looks away and grumbles.

"You have come to help. This is good news."

"The Master has been silent for too long. Those in the tower only whisper fearfully. They say he locked himself in his room and has not been out."

"Not like him...No...Would have gone to see her."

Yes. He was quite punctual in his visits down below. But always came through here as well. A full patrol in fact, through all occupied quarters every morning. But morning has come and gone.

You should go check on him. Homunculi should be able to enter his rooms. He devised quite a lock but you should have no trouble.

A...guide...We will guide you. Not far. Not...

The Hydra-bird spins on its heel and starts marching away without another word.  The group follows behind, dodging carefully through the thorny crew that runs all around them. They head in the same direction as the crew carrying the storm cloud orbs, onto a platform that rises up to the next level on a spiraling corkscrew of silvery metal. This level looks somewhat like the one below- a long curved hall- but this one is metal and instead of a window there are rows of giant cannons arranged along the edge. The crew members are piling up the cannon balls near the cannons, but the cannons themselves are the ones loading. They look like giant wasps: their front halves are the cannon bodies, their legs held close and their chests resting on the deck. They grab the cannon balls with their mandibles and swallow them up. Their stingers are the cannon barrel, their tails greatly elongated and their stingers hollow and smoking.  They're still firing, despite the lack of any clear target.

They move through 3 more floors of this, with each floor holding larger cannons made to resemble some other kind of insect. Finally the hydra-bird leads them to a highly decorated golden elevator set into the wall. It looks a lot like the one from before- vines and such- but with the inclusion of golden birds and other animals hopping and crawling about. The bronze frogs take their place and wait for the rest of the group.

"This will lead you to the Master's home."

Don't know much about it...servants should know more. Big place though. Don't get lost.

Don't try to force the door. That would be dangerous.

There is another way. Something people like you are supposed to be able to do.

If you try ANYTHING funny, your head will roll!

The bird...well 3/4ths of it then looks at the team expectantly, as though asking if they had any questions. Or maybe waiting for a tip?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2021, 09:18:58 pm »

(Did you somehow miss my post?)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2021, 10:25:02 pm »

Grey talks with the bird.

"When did you hear about this second passage? Do you know anything about it?"

Also...Do you have a pistol and holster I could borrow? It could be useful if we encounter an intruder.”

When all is said and done, Grey gets on the lift and goes up.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:31:54 pm by Fire and Glory »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2021, 11:44:05 pm »

"hmm, perhaps one of the All-Tounges can ask the door to open nicely"
Ask some questions before the elevator leaves
"So what is the rough layout of the local terrain? How long have you been in the service of Elias? And would you happen to know of any enemies they may have had?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:46:21 pm by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2021, 02:23:05 am »

"What'll happen if we force the door, is it gonna explode or something?"
See if any of the animals near the elevator are foxes and if any are grab one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 116