Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124198 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2021, 04:36:58 am »

"Don't worry Elizabeth we'll find out what happened to him."
Go over and talk to the figurehead and see what if it saw what happened to the wizard and what caused the scratches.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2021, 08:29:48 am »

((Btw, how come Horizon/Sunny D crawled out of the cauldron wearing a leotard, when the rest of us had to crawl out with nothing but our birthday suits?))

Probably because we didn’t think of anything else!!   :D
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2021, 11:52:57 am »

”Genesis, why were you going on about orange magic earlier?”
"There is a thumbprint branded into the wheel post it had fading traces of orange magic, unlike any of the magics around here. Anything else that had such magic is a threat we need to contain, and a clue we need to pursue."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2021, 10:22:08 pm »

"There is a thumbprint branded into the wheel post it had fading traces of orange magic, unlike any of the magics around here. Anything else that had such magic is a threat we need to contain, and a clue we need to pursue."
Grey looks over to the wheel.

”Really? Interesting."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2021, 10:42:46 pm »

Bob shrugs. "I don't control who the belts like. Maybe he spoke ill of them behind their back or something. Perhaps the belt will be nicer this time." Bob holds the adipose belt and looks at it sternly. "Now losten here, belt. You are made of Bob and I expect you to assist the other guy or so help me I will reintegrate you."

Bob holds the adipose belt like a whip and slings the opposite end towards Speaker. If the end gets close enough, Bob uses his magic to make it wrap around Speaker's arm, leg, or torso while making end he is holding tie itself to the railing securely.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2021, 11:25:22 pm »

Drip shrieks that everyone should give him their robes!

"No."

Shrieeeeeeeek
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2021, 11:33:31 pm »

Quote from: Toaster
Quote from: Ozarck
Quote from: Toaster

"No."

Shrieeeeeeeek
"Yes I know. I feel the exact same way. I should just stand by the cauldron and stab them until I get non-insane ones. Just stab them all."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2021, 02:20:18 pm »

If Youare notices the screaming and suspension and general nonsense, he asks the stuffed owl in the elevator if there are any kind of safety features on the castle, specifically if somebody falls off the top or among the cages. And then takes steps to activate such features, if they exist.

Otherwise, he goes back to the office and rejoins the rest of the group.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2021, 02:27:21 pm »

<snip>

(Damage has no cap. I might roll d100 if you fall.)

<snip>

((If I fall, can I parry the ground?))
No

Try to steal magic artifacts from the mages room

“Theres got to be some cool magical tidbit around here, this room belonged to a mage!”

[5]
Raivuch pulls the sheet off the bed and forms it into a crude sack. He then starts sweeping anything that looks remotely magical off the shelves and into the sack until it is full. Holding now, with at least a half dozen swords piercing out of it, is a bit hard.

I take a moment to look around and orient myself, seeing what appears to be around me, and reading the large plaques. afterwards I collect the starting robe, gloves, and needle, and wear the clothing. And then proceed to walk around the area and learn what the layout of the place is like. Once I've familiarized myself, I go ahead and head to the teleporter room and see if I'm needed on-task

Spoiler: Tess (click to show/hide)
After quickly grabbing your stuff and wandering around to get your bearings, you go check out the teleporter. The gate is definitely open and there is a mission emblazoned on the tablet near it.

"Grey, save him if you want, but ... no one would blame you if he were to fall.

SPEAKER! You are alive ... for the moment. Don't make me regret telling you that.

Everyone. If any of you take something from this place without permission from the owners of this place, I'll kill you.

Debby, thank you for that information. Would you mind asking the figurehead about the scratches on her and what she saw?"

Head pat Elizabeth with a small 'ack ack' of sympathy, then go and sit with the frogs and converse.

"I am sorry. He was gone before we arrived. I think we have discovered who is responsible, but we'll need to ask some questions. I'd like to meet with you and the other building leaders. The Mole and the ... bird guy I guess."

After this, if I get any kind of direction on meeting with the animated leaders, go to the meeting.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
[1][+1 fate point]
Genesis walks over to Debby and pats Elizabeth's head.  She peeks up at him with teary eyes and he immediately starts making a sound like a choking rooster. Some sort of "ACK ACK ACK!" noise. She seems very startled by this, as anyone would be. Imagine you were at a funeral and a random mourner just started hacking up a hairball in your face. How the hell do you respond to that?

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Tie robes together (or if they're like a bathrobe, the sash (or both if necessary)) and make a roberope.  Toss it to Floaty McFloataway.

Drip disrobes in a very literal way. He shrieks for everyone else to do similar...and absolutely no one else does. Not even a single freaking person. Several people are completely ignoring the situation with Speaker entirely! One guy appears to be about to vomit on a fox. Another guy is talking to a piece of wood! That guy, that guy over there is just straight up stealing shit!

Drip begins to despair for the death of teamwork.

"Grey, save him if you want, but ... no one would blame you if he were to fall.
Oh shit. OH SHIT. OH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!  Somebody help me!  Please help me!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!
”Hmm…”

"Bob, if you can get a belt around him, securely this time, I’ll drop the spell holding him there.”

Grey continues Maintaining The Speaker, and will stop if Bob can get a belt around him, or if Speaker can grab onto something like the roberope. While that’s getting sorted out Grey grabs the ship’s wheel and gently spins it.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
Grey  looks at everything going on around him and shrugs. He maintains his maintaining on Speaker while wandering over to the Wheel. Everyone else was so busy looking at it through needles and at the blood and such that they never really looked at the wheel itself. Its a fairly standard wagon wheel shape, made of white-gray wood, with a big circular bronze plate on the front. Each of the little handle grips is actually shaped like a human arm, ending in a fist, while the central plate has a human face in the center. It looks sort of like one of those old stylized depictions of the sun. Albeit a sun with arms.

Grey grabs one of the remaining hand holds and attempts to turn the wheel. It doesn't move. He pushes harder. Still nothing. He puts his full weight into it and REALLY tries. [2] It doesn't budge an inch.

"Don't worry Elizabeth we'll find out what happened to him."
Go over and talk to the figurehead and see what if it saw what happened to the wizard and what caused the scratches.
[3]
Debby jerks Elizabeth away from Genesis and pats her head, carrying her over towards the balcony railing. Once there she bends over a bit and calls down to the figurehead, asking it about the scratches.  The figurehead responds bluntly with a creaking "Owl" and nothing else.

Bob shrugs. "I don't control who the belts like. Maybe he spoke ill of them behind their back or something. Perhaps the belt will be nicer this time." Bob holds the adipose belt and looks at it sternly. "Now losten here, belt. You are made of Bob and I expect you to assist the other guy or so help me I will reintegrate you."

Bob holds the adipose belt like a whip and slings the opposite end towards Speaker. If the end gets close enough, Bob uses his magic to make it wrap around Speaker's arm, leg, or torso while making end he is holding tie itself to the railing securely.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

<snip>

"This is starting to make less sense by the moment" One of your kidneys mutters.

<snip>

Wait!  What?!!

"…SPEAKER! You are alive ... for the moment. Don't make me regret telling you that.

…"

I’m alive?”, The Speaker says as he looks down at the ground below.  “Oh shit. OH SHIT. OH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!  Somebody help me!  Please help me!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!”, The Speaker yells to anyone and anything that has an ear (or metaphorical ear) to hear.

If anyone helps me, comply with any instructions they give, spending 1 fate point on doing so.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

((Btw, how come Horizon/Sunny D crawled out of the cauldron wearing a leotard, when the rest of us had to crawl out with nothing but our birthday suits?))

[3, 5, 4] [-1 fate from Speaker]

Bob, using his adipose belt tied to the end of Drip's robe, slings a rescue line out for Speaker. His throw is crap, but speaker manages to twist around and just barely catch it. He gets a solid hold of it with both hands before Grey releases his magic.  With a combination of pulling and climbing, Speaker manages to get back onto the balcony safe and sound.  Well, physically sound, mentally he's...something else I'm sure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 30, 2021, 07:12:00 pm »

Stop 'ack'ing immediately. Those were supposed to be the gentle sounds a kindhearted fox makes in sympathy, not the deranged sounds an angry, diseased crow makes when it steps on a Lego.

Then go and stab Looty McStealsItAll, right in a vital. Repeat until either he drops the loot and apologizes or the corpse stops twitching. Use a fate point to ensure this gets done.

Make sure to make eye contact with the other looty types afterward, (or during, as long as doing so doesn't interfere with the stabbing).

If I am interrupted, spend the rest of my fate points on killing my assailant via stabbing (and preferably not dying).

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:57:31 pm by Ozarck »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2021, 07:16:14 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip pats Bob on the head nicely.

Put robe on.  Open own door.  Throw something from the room in and see what happens.  Can I go in my own chest-door?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2021, 10:41:29 pm »

Whenever he hears the sounds of attempted murder, Grey turns around.
”Oh, no you don’t!”
He Maintains the rate at which air is currently entering Genesis's lungs, ensuring it doesn’t stop (or start) and then goes in to slash him with his saber, spending 1 fate on avoiding retaliation.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:23:41 am by Fire and Glory »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2021, 11:20:55 pm »

"Hm, you do not seem keen to be friends," Sunny D drops his hand to his side and shrugs "No matter I'll go befriend something else...Oh I know! he excitedly hops up and down "I'll be friends with the concept of friendship itself!" Sunny giggles then turns to nobody in specific.

"Hey Friendship? Wanna be friends?"

Become friends with Friendship itself.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2021, 04:17:08 am »

"Apparently an owl caused the scratches on the figurehead." Debby turns around to see if any of her colleagues had any input only to see that one of them is trying to murder someone. "Come on Elizabeth lets go over here far from everyone else and see if we can't figure stuff out."
Walk into a far corner away from everyone else and see if there isn't a painting I can interrogate, and see how Elizabeth is holding up after all that's happened.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2021, 07:16:09 am »

i shoot glass at my assailant and then have some glass form Into two hands and have the hands grab my weapons and attack.  If any glass shards miss, I form them into a spear and shoot it at my attacker..
Just for the record the lack of words does not mean I don’t put in role play.  It means my character is staying absolutely silent.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 06:38:34 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 116