Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93497 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Time to put my money where my mouth is: Webadict

I don't like how quickly Web grabbed for that other role that NJW mentioned, especially since Web didn't know for sure that I wasn't softclaiming Watcher / hardclaiming Inspector as a bluff for actually being a Watcher.  It's what Web would do, if he was a Watcher...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If NJW is faking their prime result that would mean the mafia are me and NJW, since the no kill would be from Roden delaying me. This is impossible from my POV and I think in general doesn't make sense.

I find this hard to believe.  Are you not capable of no-killing when it causes more confusion?  Like, I dunno, last round?

I had to nokill so I could strongkill on N2. FoU has said mafia were too weak last round so it is unlikely they would voluntarily nokill this round. But yes that does create a possibility of Toony/NJW.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, my apologies for all the flipflopping, but upon further thought, Web hasn't been counterclaimed, so if NJW is telling the truth then Web is town.
Roden or FOS Maximum Spin could easily be lying about their role.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman: I'm a bit behind, as you can tell.  How is Roden cleared in your mind?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Does anyone have any kind of protect left to claim other than mine?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't.  Keep the # of uses to yourself, ok?  We'll generally assume its not unlimited, so no need to explain exactly what limits exist on your protect role(s).
Also, if you have more than one, you only need to mention the one(s) that you've been hinting.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions for Roden:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Roden: Do you still think that Toonyman is the poisoner if nobody claims to be poisoned?

@Roden: Do you still think that we have too many claimed killing methods?

@Roden: Is Max still confirmed as the Primer?

@Roden: Do you still believe in a 3P arsonist? If not, is the arsonist town, mafia, or mafia ally?

@Roden: Were you satisfied with Max's claim as tracking me?  Does this indicate Max's alignment?

@Roden: How relevant is the discussion of bussing?

No question, just reminder of your push on Maximum Spin.

@Roden: Why didn't you ask Maximum Spin to clarify? I hardly understood what was the "General Question Above".  If you do understand what Maximum Spin is asking you, what is your answer?

@Roden: Could you explain the errors in the thought process? I'm not sure I see the errors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I certainly don't mind if you wait towards later in the game day to reveal whatever protect claims you are going to make. Or even avoid claiming if you're not under any real pressure to do so, as my initial concern was before I did the vote counts.
@Everyone else: Protect claims will be more believable if you make them before Maximum Spin, not after. 
Although Max has only hinted at a couple, so those are the ones you should be claiming, and maybe not other ones.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, I think placing a 2nd vote on Webadict should be divine.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question for today: If you could trade your life for TricMagic's, would you?

Nah.  Tric's role actually has negative utility when compared to my role, as it produces useless info.  Plus I thought Tric was scum.  I'm answering this question based upon the frame of reference that Tric would be here with their history and role instead of my being here with my history and role.

Frankly, if Tric wasn't lynched yesterday, with their role and history they would probably be lynched today.  I really should re-examine D1, see how the lynch of Tric actually occurred.  I had remarked back in D1 that I thought the seeds of doubt that I had regarding Tric came from Web/Toonyman.  Maybe they were in turn influenced.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question for today: If you could trade your life for TricMagic's, would you?

Nah.  Tric's role actually has negative utility when compared to my role, as it produces useless info.  Plus I thought Tric was scum.  I'm answering this question based upon the frame of reference that Tric would be here with their history and role instead of my being here with my history and role.

Frankly, if Tric wasn't lynched yesterday, with their role and history they would probably be lynched today.  I really should re-examine D1, see how the lynch of Tric actually occurred.  I had remarked back in D1 that I thought the seeds of doubt that I had regarding Tric came from Web/Toonyman.  Maybe they were in turn influenced.

Actually, I reread the role, and think Tric's role is better than mine, even if it interferes with my role (which doesn't matter, as under this hypo I'd dead).
Sandwich Vendor (town):
(Night) Distribute [target]: You give your target a sandwich. They are informed that they received a sandwich during the Night.
After two nights, that role should allow the player to become confirmed town. 
Day 2 they say: "I am a sandwich vendor, please confirm that you got a sandwich"
Day 3 they say: "I gave my sandwich to [insert player name]"  That player confirms, and they are now confirmed town...ish.

Still, I died first last game, so no I want to play this game for a bit.  Sorry to be selfish.

I wonder if Tric forgives me.  Will Web forgive me if he should flip town?  More importantly, will my fellow townies forgive me?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The buildup of the Lynch on Tric:
Maximum Spin first asks me about a non-existent TricMagic post.  Probably a random probing question.

Roden casually throws in a FOS on TricMagic, hiding it by voting Toonyman instead (and by mostly pushing ON Toonyman later).

The fact they are using it to hide. By saying what their role is so early without promting, us being delayed would be seen as normal, town trying to stop the kill. But all it does is delay us, resulting in mafia being able to take advantage of it. It's also trying to get roles to reveal, giving them options on who to delay.

Put simply, just because they revealed, does not make them town. If anything Delayer is a very negative role regardless of who has it. For one, it would ruin my own role's ability if it's used on me N1.
No thanks. TricMagic.
Web then jumps on some of Tric's Famous Poor Reasoning, and places the first vote.

Web, for god's sake, tell me if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

@Euchre, you are literally freaking out right now, so you need to stop and take a deep breath.

I am an Investigative Student. My ability is called Prodigious Study. NJW has shown I targeted Vector with this ability. I even explained my reasoning for doing so. This should be construed as confirmed.

I want you to think really, really, really hard on why you think I would have an ability like Prodigious Study if I were scum (which I would have as no one counterclaimed me.) You can call that WIFOM if you want, but fucking Occam's Razor says that that ability is Town as shit, because I am Town as shit.

I explained why I voted for TricMagic. I would probably do it again. I don't even feel bad about it.

I want you to think who I would have to have as my partner if I were scum. It cannot be Vector or NJW without ridiculousness. It probably wouldn't be ToonyMan. It isn't you, fucking clearly. So it would be Roden or Max, yes? In fact, it would probably for sure be Max. Toony, on the other hand, constantly is trying to include everyone as my scumpartner, including NJW and Vector, who make no sense because he has no interest in solving the game, but rather living.

ToonyMan. tried to push an NJW vs me fight at the beginning of the Day. This is because he probably poisoned one of EuchreJack or Maximum Spin. If he was delayed, this further incentivizes him to vote one of me or the person he didn't get delayed-poisoned on. You'll notice that no one has claimed being poisoned (Which I have no clue if anyone would be notified of this, but given ToonyMan being poisoned in NSVM2, I assume that you do get notified), and Roden delaying ToonyMan, it makes no sense if you believe Vector (which you should, because Priming), to not vote ToonyMan. (This is also why I think ToonyMan and Roden are a team.)

I am not omnipotent. ToonyMan has to treat me like I am because I won't fall for his inane garbage that he did last Round where he openly speculates on how anyone but him could be the scum, in spite of only TWO PEOPLE HAVING FULLY UNCONFIRMED ROLES (ToonyMan and TricMagic).

The evidence is pretty clear. It is almost assuredly ToonyMan. And his partner is probably Roden.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I had to nokill so I could strongkill on N2. FoU has said mafia were too weak last round so it is unlikely they would voluntarily nokill this round. But yes that does create a possibility of Toony/NJW.
Why would NJW ever claim Priming on Vector as scum?! That makes no sense!

I would be a prime suspect of this prime action, however Roden has cleared me with their delay. This is why I find it unlikely that Roden is mafia. What this means Jack is that if I believe you the mafia team is exactly Web/Max. (assuming two mafia which I suspect)

PPE:
Toonyman
Cool. This confirms at least two mafia should be voting me right now.
No one was poisoned! If Vector is Town, this fucking confirms you're Mafia!

Lol were you trying to quickhammer me?
Everyone is Mafia but you, the delayed Poisoner, yes?

You pretty much have to claim one of Vector or Roden are lying, no?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153