Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119100 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #1125 on: September 03, 2022, 01:56:11 am »

I wonder what would happen if they turned out to be one hit wonders?
Killing a young lady spouting daddy's propaganda hardly makes them one-hit wonders ...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 03, 2022, 02:03:36 am »

Killing a young lady spouting daddy's propaganda hardly makes them one-hit wonders ...
That’s literally one hit. What else could they be? :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 03, 2022, 02:05:30 am »

Yes, but the wonder becomes "Is that the best you could do?"  :(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 03, 2022, 02:07:01 am »

Yes, but the wonder becomes "Is that the best you could do?"  :(
Putin is a former intelligence agent, he’s a hard target.

Presumably anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 03, 2022, 02:08:12 am »

Killing a [young lady adult woman spouting daddy's propaganda using her father's supremacist and genocidal platform to bolster her own standing hardly makes them one-hit wonders ...
FTFY

Anyway I'm still kind of skeptical about this not being an inside job.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 03, 2022, 02:12:14 am »

Yeah, all those oligarchs (well… three of them I think) dying in such a short period of time is also a bit suspicious.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 03, 2022, 04:40:34 am »

What if the NRA was actually just a lie made up to cover for a Putin controlled hitman, that was sent out to get rid of people Putin didn't like anymore?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 03, 2022, 06:07:35 am »

What if the NRA was actually just a lie made up to cover for a Putin controlled hitman, that was sent out to get rid of people Putin didn't like anymore?

If that would be the case I think Dugina would've somehow fallen from a window to death instead of getting blown up.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 03, 2022, 06:15:09 am »

https://www.kyivpost.com/russia/bringing-down-putins-regime-worlds-first-ever-interview-with-a-leader-of-russian-nra.html

Interview with the leader of NRA (or, at least, someone who claims to be one)

A good read, but NRA needs more action in order to be believed to exist. Nobody believes a group claiming only one action.

yeah, and I'd prefer to see an action that actually hurts Russia's war effort to make it less likely to be a FSB's game. Sabotage on some defense industry facility or something like that.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 03, 2022, 06:34:06 am »

We'll see. Honestly I have doubts a hitman would claim to be a resistance group, because that stirs up shit at home. Putin's assassination modus operandi is to do things more or less without starting a huge fuss himself.

C'mon NRA, if you're real, kill more. Kill someone Putin likes. That will dispel most of the doubt.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 04, 2022, 02:51:13 am »

Could be someone else calming to be resistance group to cover for the hitman.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 04, 2022, 09:25:19 am »

Same thing, the government doesn't really have a reason to cover this up because they got away with much higher-profile assassinations without much if any cover. Seems like too much effort and too many possible side effects.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 04, 2022, 12:05:32 pm »

Ukraine is slowly liberating small towns and villages (or what is left of them) in the Kherson region... I brace myself for news of new "Buchas"... Russia had a lot of time to hide atrocities but it is never possible to hide it completely.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 04, 2022, 12:40:55 pm »

Same thing, the government doesn't really have a reason to cover this up because they got away with much higher-profile assassinations without much if any cover. Seems like too much effort and too many possible side effects.
That might be the point though, uncertainty creates a vacuum that gets filled with speculation, and, as shown here in the thread, a lot of that speculation is that it’s an inside job. Coupled with those other assassinations they got away with, it does create at minimum the narrative that they’ll quite literally kilk dissident viewpoints.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 04, 2022, 09:39:40 pm »

That might be the point though, uncertainty creates a vacuum that gets filled with speculation, and, as shown here in the thread, a lot of that speculation is that it’s an inside job. Coupled with those other assassinations they got away with, it does create at minimum the narrative that they’ll quite literally kilk dissident viewpoints.
...fair, I can kinda see that. I still hope it's real.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 167