Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119062 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #1155 on: September 09, 2022, 07:48:39 am »

Yeah, Russia is likely buying 122mm and 152 mm shells and grad missiles from the NK. Something North Korea can easily produce, it is 1950s technology... I hope some of those will promptly explode inside barrels of Russian artillery.

Also, transporting those across all of Russia must be very inexpensive and don't strain logistics whatsoever.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 09, 2022, 08:28:18 am »

Also, transporting those across all of Russia must be very inexpensive and don't strain logistics whatsoever.
...neither does it seem dangerously prone to accidents.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1157 on: September 09, 2022, 08:56:14 am »

...this is going to end with Western Governments sponsoring pirates to seize the boats and so funding and arming a violent coup that will cause more problems later, isn't it?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 09, 2022, 07:18:36 pm »

There is a dedicated rail line, from Russia, through China, and into North Korea... No doubt that can handle a lot. This reddit page has a good image of rail networks on the globe.

On the emotional side of the Ukraine conflict, there have been releases of information from the groups that have been tracking Russia's coerced civilian relocation (from Ukraine to Russia). There is even a wikipedia page now for what they call filtration camps. No doubt the work camps are deep in Russia for the new cattle.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 09, 2022, 11:49:41 pm »

Spoiler: meme from earlier (click to show/hide)

The advance has evidently since then expanded into a now quite girthy (heh) salient into Kharkiv Oblast, with Luhansk Oblast receiving just the tip (for now) (heh).

EDIT: Joke was based on maps of the advance having the salient end close to Lysychansk, so it's not quite in the Lushansk area just yet as of last info I saw but damnit the joke wrote itself >:V
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:53:10 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 10, 2022, 03:07:45 am »

I enjoy panic in pro-Russian war-related segments of Twitter and Telegram so much. And most of them are still in the denial stage.

Can't blame them, I find it hard to believe how successful this offensive is. It already goes beyond my expectations and it isn't over yet.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 10, 2022, 03:12:49 am »

Spoiler: meme from earlier (click to show/hide)
Seems like every war has at least one battle penis in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 10, 2022, 03:35:47 am »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 10, 2022, 04:38:15 am »

So, two major Ukrainian offensives are going steadily in Kharkiv and Kherson regions.

We are liberating village after village, town after town. Will it continue for a long time? Will this offensive end in a liberation of Kherson and/or Izyum? I don't think so. The offensive potential will be exhausted at some point and Russia will bring in their reserves. Also, rains will start in a few weeks

Still, those are major successes

He-he, sometimes I love being wrong

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 10, 2022, 04:41:03 am »

Seeing reports that Izyum has already been liberated.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 10, 2022, 06:26:49 am »

It either Iz or it Izn't
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1167 on: September 10, 2022, 06:32:19 am »

Izyone of those izzyues

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 10, 2022, 06:45:39 am »

What I don't understand is where is the Russian airforce. I was very confident that such large-scale offensives are unlikely because the Russian airforce will be deadly against an advancing force

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 10, 2022, 07:47:38 am »

Ukraine's got some pretty solid surface-to-air defences I believe, and Russia's hardly been competent during this. I suspect they're making shitty use of their air superiority.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 167