Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 52576 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #510 on: December 10, 2022, 04:53:43 am »

Tiktoks the same as YT shorts, as was vine:

Short format video= less server load for more individual clicks and the possibilty to interject ads at each of those clicks.

Gotta love how YT retroactively turned clips under a certain length into shorts, much less UI, oh you wanted to see that in slowmo yeah no FUCK YOU this YT shorts ®®$®
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2022, 06:19:54 am »

I'm still not 100% sure what the hell TikTok is, as far as I can tell it's like a shitty youtube filled with narcissists.

Apparently not the Chinese version
Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2022, 12:42:17 pm »

Gotta love how YT retroactively turned clips under a certain length into shorts, much less UI, oh you wanted to see that in slowmo yeah no FUCK YOU this YT shorts ®®$®

I don't think YT retroactively changed any clips into shorts. Shorts are filmed with a vertical aspect ratio and you couldn't upload those types of video to YT at all prior to shorts. Additionally, many creators still upload their tiny clips as regular videos rather than shorts (CircleToonsHD is an example) so I don't think YT is forcing short videos into becoming ShortsTM either.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2022, 08:42:34 pm »

I'm still not 100% sure what the hell TikTok is, as far as I can tell it's like a shitty youtube filled with narcissists.

Apparently not the Chinese version
Chinese version infinitly better as in correctly venerates Pandas.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 10, 2022, 10:39:21 pm »

I don't think YT retroactively changed any clips into shorts. Shorts are filmed with a vertical aspect ratio and you couldn't upload those types of video to YT at all prior to shorts. Additionally, many creators still upload their tiny clips as regular videos rather than shorts (CircleToonsHD is an example) so I don't think YT is forcing short videos into becoming ShortsTM either.
It changed like one or two of my videos that were uploaded before shorts.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 10, 2022, 10:44:32 pm »

I stand corrected then. Did the aspect ratio also change?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2022, 01:58:38 am »

I find youtube shorts annoying the different format makes downloading them a pain.

Also whatever happened to Vine I haven't heard anything about that in a few years seems like.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2022, 06:39:29 am »

For youtube shorts, I always change the URL from Shorts to Watch. That plops it into the normal player.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2022, 08:16:31 am »

Good tip. Thanks.
Love, scriver~

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2022, 10:40:45 am »

Also whatever happened to Vine I haven't heard anything about that in a few years seems like.
Would you believe killed by Twitter
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2022, 02:42:10 am »

Would you believe killed by Twitter
Well that answers that, also damn twitter for killing that thing I never used.

For youtube shorts, I always change the URL from Shorts to Watch. That plops it into the normal player.
Thanks for the info.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 13, 2022, 02:53:35 am »

Oh, that is already happening. I've moved on, and hope the US proposed ban on Government phones having TikTok is expanded to Twitter. I mean, Twitter gave us Trump, so it has to Go.
Ahem: that fucking COPS show not being shut down and all the other fucking "reality" tv garbage since then not being punished brutally is why the piece of shit who made Survivor decided to take a terrible businessman and present him as a savvy CEO as a joke which apparently nobody got is how we ended up with the orange cunt as a president.

The discovery by the british of tea in india and sugarcane/ideal climate to grow it in the americas combined with their willingness to destroy the world for it is how we ended up with the slave trade and general eurotrash willingness to slaughter natives is why the US is built on a bedrock of dead natives and horribly abused slaves and white people being garbage left us with a chunk of bitchass loser racists that are STILL pissed at them losing the civil war which enabled a party willing to appeal to exclusively them with no morals to speak of into a perfect storm of the absolute worst and least discriminating garbage people voting for the absolute worst piece of shit ever elected and bitching nonstop that he lost.

So now a rich bitchboy bought twitter to try and appeal to the smallbrained racists who hate it being used for anything but advancing their racist bullshit.

Mastodon on the other hand is great.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 13, 2022, 03:07:56 am »

For me twitter does a lot of things that Mastodon doesnt (so far. Odds are some parts of it will collapse. Ie: I dont expect covid scientists to hang out in twitter much longer after Musk's latest far right dogwhistle). If mastodon became a 100% clone of old twitter and I could follow all the people I do on it... then maybe. But so far I dont get that functionality so twitter it is.

For reference: with my current list I can follow EHA and ASH highlights without even trying. Not applicable in Mastodon.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 13, 2022, 11:40:17 am »

I've been thinking for some time that I want to see a public/national attempt at a social media site. I'm not sure what I want from it in terms of the differences between different social media sites. I just feel like if social media is going to be butting into such a important aspect of people's lives as social media does today, then there is a big argument for not just leaving it to private interests.

I also think a lot about whether it would be good to have nationalised/public "town square marketplace" where people can put up their digital "market stalls" the way fur example amazon enables non-amazon private people to sell through amazon. Basically to prevent the kind of monopolisation amazon do even on independent Internet outlets where amazon's market dominance means that if you aren't selling through amazon you aren't visible to customers.
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 13, 2022, 12:41:59 pm »

Always remember: before the internet, someone else had to think your idea had enough merit to get it published.  With the internet (and things like Twitter) "only you" need to think your idea is good enough to publish.

I think having free speech is important, but I suspect (strongly) that people have forgotten that you also need responsible speech. 

I'm all for opposing viewpoints on opinion-based topics, but almost all social media tends to devolve to irresponsible speech - people stating opinions as fact is one of the most nefarious examples because it's not as obvious as outright denigration of some demographic.  Due to decades of culture shift, most people no longer have the cognitive tools necessary to know if a statement made with unfounded certainty does indeed have merit or if they should just accept it because it was delivered with confidence.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69