Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 32181 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2022, 12:53:13 am »

Oh, I can make it even better. We're not voting any one of the three of you! Ever! Thank me later.

But we need one member of the Onyx Cabal in the final election if we're going to elect an Emperor, otherwise we get the Jade Council ending which is lame.

He made me laugh. The rest made me sleepy.

This honestly. Fun banter is a town tell for this game I'd say.

But now that I've said this it no longer is.

The cool kids' club is no longer accepting applications.
Good point.

notquitethere

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2022, 12:57:07 am »

Hypothetical question to everyone: if you had the chance to Night 0 Cop check either Toony or Web, who would be the better choice?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2022, 01:28:33 am »

It's not the better choice, but I would pick Web in a heartbeat because his posts always make me reach for the conspiracy board.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2022, 01:29:38 am »

But first...
Nominate Jim Groovester
Why? Well, if Jim is town, then Jim will have great insights...and probably will bungle the vote.  So, let's get him out of the way.  The Nomination process will hopefully put enough spotlight on Jim to ascertain whether or not Jim is town.

lmao fair enough

Jim Groovester

Hypothetical question to everyone: if you had the chance to Night 0 Cop check either Toony or Web, who would be the better choice?

ToonyMan because he carries whatever team he's on hard.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2022, 01:30:40 am »

Toony.

@Max: Is Knightwing town or scum?
So far, leaning scum. Like with whales, though, we must kill more to find out why. Sorry, obscure reference kind of just popped out there. What I meant to say was, I need to see more from him to feel sure.

I also agree about the new guy. #1 scumpick.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2022, 01:35:04 am »

@Egan_BW: Please vote Jim! Or tell me why not...

I was leaning NQT, but mainly just because everyone else seemed convinced. Is there a conspiracy?...
...Yeah there probably is. They're all scum! Jim Groovester
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2022, 01:40:59 am »

@reina: I'm scumreading you, because your statistics are a way to post without scumhunting.  Thankfully, you can't get lynched in this game, but watch it!
Thank you Jack, I'm glad someone around here decided to explain why they are scumreading me. Something I can actually respond to! Other folks were simply content with sending me images of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

I can definitely see your point of view regarding what I initially chose to post about. Doing things other than scumhunting isn't a great look. We'll be getting back to that shortly once I've shaken the rust off.

But also this,
I probably should not be giving the Onyx team any advice, but they have a private chat to figure this out.  We as town need to get out information and strategy.
is a great take IMO. And very similar to how I was thinking when making those statistics posts: I saw an opportunity to do a little bit of game theory and share it with the town. Who knows, stuff like that might just end up informing our strategy. The town's best chance is to distribute information openly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2022, 01:50:12 am »

Web.  I never seem to get doubts of Web out of my mind.  Once I decide on Toony, I'm usually comfortable sticking with that opinion.

@Egan_BW: Please vote Jim! Or tell me why not...

I was leaning NQT, but mainly just because everyone else seemed convinced. Is there a conspiracy?...
...Yeah there probably is. They're all scum! Jim Groovester
Welcome to Team Paranoid. I am also wondering if there were Onyx among the players nominating NQT.
But maybe YOU are buddying me?  :o

Toony.

@Max: Is Knightwing town or scum?
So far, leaning scum. Like with whales, though, we must kill more to find out why. Sorry, obscure reference kind of just popped out there. What I meant to say was, I need to see more from him to feel sure.

I also agree about the new guy. #1 scumpick.
Well, obviously I can't see what you see, since I thought Knightwing looked townish.  I guess we'll let Knightwing's willingness to post with this greater scrutiny decide.

New player reina needs to play better is playing better (ninja), but and is not my #1 scumpick.  NQT fills that spot for me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2022, 01:56:23 am »

@reina: Glad I could help.  You could try a reads list.  I feel it helps focus my thoughts, informs town of my thoughts, and can help hunt scum.
While it is generally "bad form" to attack people just for scumreading you, since you are an unknown player (and thus easy lynch) you could check those who scumread you to determine whether it was investigation or smear.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2022, 02:01:03 am »

I can definitely see your point of view regarding what I initially chose to post about. Doing things other than scumhunting isn't a great look. We'll be getting back to that shortly once I've shaken the rust off.

But we're townhunting this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2022, 02:05:25 am »

Alright, I’m tired so I’m about to go to sleep, don’t make any big decisions without meeeeee

Also, are the sects created by players individually or by the GM?

Hm, is this a (scum)slip that Knightwing is a member of a sect?
Scum in () because sects are not necessarily Onyx.  I guess they're like Neighbor, or knowing this to be Fallacy game, I'd say Neighborizor-Neighbor combo.
I can believe Knightwing to have not read their role well enough to realize they were the Neighborizor, and also can believe Knightwing would have not known to ask this in the private chat if they had one.

Oh well, only one way to be sure....

@Knightwing64: Oh hey, are you in a sect? It does not make you scum, and it actually helps town if you tell us.

But we're townhunting this game.
What is the difference?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2022, 02:11:04 am »

So, webadict. Gonna give you the BOD here. Was I wrong earlier?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2022, 02:25:10 am »

Unrelatedly... it occurs to me that this flavor makes it a little weird that we don't know anything about one another. It's not as if we're strangers across a crowded ballroom. For example, I'm a member of the Imperial family, so I would think all the courtiers would recognize me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2022, 04:51:35 am »

Unrelatedly... it occurs to me that this flavor makes it a little weird that we don't know anything about one another. It's not as if we're strangers across a crowded ballroom. For example, I'm a member of the Imperial family, so I would think all the courtiers would recognize me.
Uh, isn't that how most Mafia games on this forum work?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2022, 04:52:32 am »

In the interests of full disclosure:
1) I am a courtier
2) My role will probably be revealed on day 3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38