Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 31263 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2022, 05:16:24 am »

Uh, isn't that how most Mafia games on this forum work?
Most games don't have flavor that specifically brings this into question, as far as I've seen, no.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2022, 05:43:25 am »

No, sadly. That would be cool but I just wanted clarification

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2022, 06:45:38 am »

Hypothetical question to everyone: if you had the chance to Night 0 Cop check either Toony or Web, who would be the better choice?
Web, never can tell with that guy.

So, webadict. Gonna give you the BOD here. Was I wrong earlier?
... What? Sorry, I don't know what you're asking here? I am also tired so that's partially it.

@EJ: If you think NQT + wagon might have scum on it, why nominate Jim?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2022, 08:34:22 am »

Hm...

In perhaps somewhat arbitrarily ordered Town to scum:

ToonyMan is very likely Town. Intuitive guess as to why: He seems excited to actually be Town for once. He's also pretty aware of the scumtells, and usually if ToonyMan sees what I'm seeing, then he's on my team. I will probably nominate him on Day 3 should he continue to look Town, in a way to bribe him in case he's somehow scum.
EuchreJack is surprisingly less likely to be Town than ToonyMan, but this may shift as he posts. His defense of Jim Groovester isn't wrong though, but... I'm not liking his posts as much as I usually do, but probably just because I disagree with some of his conclusions. He doesn't seem scummy for being wrong, at least. EuchreJack may be better as a Day 2 candidate, though.
Jim Groovester is... probably Town? Nothing Jim is saying is inherently wrong. I'm not a fan of him voting for himself when EuchreJack voted for him, but I understand the logic behind it.
notquitethere is Town, nbd yo. I don't really see a need to defend this statement.
reina is... Town? We'll go with Town because they aren't scum. I know the self-vote was suspicious and the stats thing is whatever, but the posts are actually solid to me.
Roden is probably Town! Also, a good Day 1 candidate in case the whole NQT thing isn't floating boats, but that's a discussion for later. (I will mark his name in green to show support for him as a Day 1 candidate.)
Knightwing64 is idk.
Maximum Spin... I want to say he's not scum, but... I think he's probably scum because he's NOT pinging my scumdar, which is usually the case for scum Maximum Spin. I dunno, he has a numb feeling about him, and I don't like it because it's sinister.
Egan_BW is probably scum. Something about them makes me feel wary, and I don't like it. Like watching them play as scum in KWN. It's off-putting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2022, 12:16:52 pm »

Knightwing is probably town.

I don't understand the point of this otherwise:
Also, are the sects created by players individually or by the GM?
Nothing in the rules indicates player generation of sects so they must be generated by the moderator.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2022, 12:25:33 pm »

Webadict is probably town too. I'm more sure of this then Jim or NQT or Jack right now. They seem genuinely willing to vote me as a nominee, which only works as a motive if they know they can get a Cabal member nominated.

Jim seems extremely goofy and I feel like they're town. I was right about this when they were posting in ALL CAPS for SBYOR2.

NQT is a ghost, but a ghost we must elect.

Jack's opener is very sterile and NAI. I can't tell either way right now. They're pointing things out and solving, but I don't see any big clears. Cautionarily precautious for the time being.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2022, 12:37:35 pm »

But we need one member of the Onyx Cabal in the final election if we're going to elect an Emperor, otherwise we get the Jade Council ending which is lame.
Personally, I agree. Having the game go to a Phase 2 is much more interesting. But this does play against my wincon and I'm not striving for it.

I have a question even though I already know the answer: Do you really believe NQT is a Jade loyalist?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2022, 12:47:12 pm »

Webadict is probably town too. I'm more sure of this then Jim or NQT or Jack right now. They seem genuinely willing to vote me as a nominee, which only works as a motive if they know they can get a Cabal member nominated.

Jim seems extremely goofy and I feel like they're town. I was right about this when they were posting in ALL CAPS for SBYOR2.

NQT is a ghost, but a ghost we must elect.

Jack's opener is very sterile and NAI. I can't tell either way right now. They're pointing things out and solving, but I don't see any big clears. Cautionarily precautious for the time being.
The Jim thing is why I'm thinking Jim is Town. It's not that he doesn't do silly things as scum, but this does seem like a more Town-sided version of him. I'm unsure because I'm generally unsure of Jim, but I'm willing to put more weight on it since you and Jack are pushing it.

The problem with that is that this might also be why I think Jack is more likely to be Town, but I'm not really ready to defend Jack being Town to the death yet. For the most part, I'm okay with Jim Groovester, especially with his cool kid's comment, since that comment felt genuinely Town.

Sadly, this makes me less likely to be nominated, so I'm unfortunately on voting duty all game. But, personally, I don't see this as too bad of a thing, as it'll be Day 4 and I'll be alive, so that's an automatic win.

I am serious, though, I think having ToonyMan nominated Day 3 is a good idea.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2022, 03:06:53 pm »

So, webadict. Gonna give you the BOD here. Was I wrong earlier?
... What? Sorry, I don't know what you're asking here? I am also tired so that's partially it.
Sorry, I was really tired when I posted that and somehow expected you to understand that I meant "benefit of the doubt" and was asking your opinion on EuchreJack since you said you can read him easily. I was being cagey about it so EuchreJack wouldn't know what I meant. But apparently also so you and everyone else wouldn't either.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2022, 04:06:57 pm »

@EJ: If you think NQT + wagon might have scum on it, why nominate Jim?

I was sort of flat footed on the game start.  My opening was going to be to nominate Jim for the reasons I mentioned.
NQT makes me thing he's scum, not only because of the whole "campaigning is a way to avoid scumhunting", but also because the NQT posts reminded me of scum!NQT.
Since I suspect NQT is scum, I suspect someone supporting NQT by nominating NQT is scum
I guess I'm not exactly giving the answer you might want, but that is my admittedly flawed reasoning.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2022, 04:13:00 pm »

Ok, I probably should have actually LOOKED at the players that joined in supporting Candidate NQT before shooting my mouth off.
Jim is one of them, plus Web, and Toonyman.

I'm going to keep supporting Jim, as I see Jim as slightly townleaning whereas NQT as scummy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2022, 04:14:01 pm »

@Toony: WTF is a Cabal?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2022, 04:17:35 pm »

But we're townhunting this game.
What is the difference?

Well with one you're hunting for scum and the other you're hunting for town.

Thanks for letting me clear that up for you.

In the interests of full disclosure:
1) I am a courtier
2) My role will probably be revealed on day 3

Not that I think there's anything particularly wrong with it nor do I have any particular opposition to it, but why are you claiming?

Jim Groovester is... probably Town? Nothing Jim is saying is inherently wrong. I'm not a fan of him voting for himself when EuchreJack voted for him, but I understand the logic behind it.

I think objecting to anybody for a self-vote is kind of weird since at best it's not alignment indicative and at worst it's also not alignment indicative. Both town and scum have reasons for why they wish to be nominated.

Also, and this may or may not shock you, but

I wanna be the Emperor

Roden is probably Town! Also, a good Day 1 candidate in case the whole NQT thing isn't floating boats, but that's a discussion for later. (I will mark his name in green to show support for him as a Day 1 candidate.)

I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying but advancing Roden as a viable candidate makes me uncomfortable since I don't share the same opinion about Roden as of yet.

I have a question even though I already know the answer: Do you really believe NQT is a Jade loyalist?

I could see scum and town notquitethere both making that post, but I think town notquitethere more readily and easily makes that post than scum notquitethere does. Really I'd say any town player in general more readily makes that post than any scum player does. It comes across as fun rather than a careful and calculated move to advance an agenda.

That said silence does not befit any town player in this game so notquitethere should post some more.

Reread your role PM and come back to me on that one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2022, 04:50:38 pm »

In the interests of full disclosure:
1) I am a courtier
2) My role will probably be revealed on day 3

Not that I think there's anything particularly wrong with it nor do I have any particular opposition to it, but why are you claiming?

Reread your role PM and come back to me on that one.

I claimed because I didn't see any harm in doing so, I wanted to be clear that some roles do exist, did not want too much surprise when I use my ability on day 3, and wanted to make clear that I can be nominated prior to day 3 and still use my ability.

As for Cabal, my role PM doesn't mention the word.  I do see the enemy faction is called the Onyx Cabal, so maybe I didn't understand Toonyman's post.
@Toonyman: What did you mean by your statement? I think I might understand, but maybe you can clarify for me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38