Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Gridhood GPT  (Read 4741 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood GPT
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2023, 12:13:57 am »

Aleph Null

Oho, a fae sings in the jungle! Interesting. Very interesting, yes.

Do they like the jungle? Or would they maybe like not-jungle? Other-jungle? Semi-jungle, perhaps?
Oh, what about arctic jungle! That'd be fun!

And so, grabbing together some land from the Web and some drifting-off chunks of the Floating Jungle, Aleph Null starts masterfully crafting a sweeping terrain across H6, holding beautiful vistas, great canyons, trees tall and thick enough to seem like mountains unto themselves, expertly woven together into a wonderful domain - and then they get bored with the whole affair, dump about a mile of snow on the place, and waltz off, assuming that it'll work out for the best. Chaos always does after all, right? Winter Jungleland! Like all the songs say, probably! (Somehow it manages to be pleasantly warm anyway.)

Anyway! Hello kitties and allies! You are all adorable and deserve something or other. How about a meeting place? This cannot possibly go wrong.
And so at E6, Aleph Null creates a bridge. Actually, they create a bunch of bridges, just kind of floating in midair. Stone bridges, wooden bridges, water bridges, giraffe bridges - actually no that one's not a bridge, it seems a giraffe just wandered here from the Savanna somehow. Oh well, he can be a bridge if he wants to be!
Anyways yes! Bunch of bridges, all kind of mashed together. They mostly connect, sort of. And you can find stuff on them! Trees can grow on bridges, right? Aleph Null thinks they told themselves that at some point, so it must be true. The Grand Bridge shall be an excellent bridge of great bridginess.

Yes. Definitely.

And then they go to sleep, even though gods probably don't sleep.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:41:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2023, 02:42:53 am »

Aleph Null

Oho, a fae sings in the jungle! Interesting. Very interesting, yes.

Do they like the jungle? Or would they maybe like not-jungle? Other-jungle? Semi-jungle, perhaps?
Oh, what about arctic jungle! That'd be fun!

And so, grabbing together some land from the Web and some drifting-off chunks of the Floating Jungle, Aleph Null starts masterfully crafting a sweeping terrain across H6, holding beautiful vistas, great canyons, trees tall and thick enough to seem like mountains unto themselves, expertly woven together into a wonderful domain - and then they get bored with the whole affair, dump about a mile of snow on the place, and waltz off, assuming that it'll work out for the best. Chaos always does after all, right? Winter Jungleland! Like all the songs say, probably!

Anyway! Hello kitties and allies! You are all adorable and deserve something or other. How about a meeting place? This cannot possibly go wrong.
And so at E6, Aleph Null creates a bridge. Actually, they create a bunch of bridges, just kind of floating in midair. Stone bridges, wooden bridges, water bridges, giraffe bridges - actually no that one's not a bridge, it seems a giraffe just wandered here from the Savanna somehow. Oh well, he can be a bridge if he wants to be!
Anyways yes! Bunch of bridges, all kind of mashed together. They mostly connect, sort of. And you can find stuff on them! Trees can grow on bridges, right? Aleph Null thinks they told themselves that at some point, so it must be true. The Grand Bridge shall be an excellent bridge of great bridginess.

Yes. Definitely.

And then they go to sleep, even though gods probably don't sleep.

Place them on the first tropical or subtropical forested tile that isn’t being used by somebody else, please.

(Emphasis added)

The Sidhe aren’t going to be going anywhere where they actually need clothes (that’s why I specified tropical or subtropical).

(Emphasis added)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2023, 08:24:43 am »

It’ll be fine.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2023, 09:11:50 am »

It's a jungle jungles are humid right? a misty winter jungeland.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2023, 04:55:50 pm »

Work on the update has started, but this will not be finished today. Turns out that updating this game takes about five times as much effort as I thought it would.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2023, 05:01:31 pm »

Pats hand. Yeah, it does that given the number of rolls needed. Be nice if there was an excel sheet for it. This isn't counting research values and effects on the system..

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2023, 05:10:25 pm »

From what I understand, gridhood is the kind of game that there really should be an app to assist the GM with it.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2023, 07:16:51 pm »

It's a jungle jungles are humid right? a misty winter jungeland.

The problem is that it’s freezing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2023, 07:26:43 pm »

The Red Grail:

So far content with what it has made, it allows itself to rest and enjoy the violence around it

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2023, 07:41:19 am »

From what I understand, gridhood is the kind of game that there really should be an app to assist the GM with it.
Gridhood: The Board Game when? ;D

I'd play the hell out of that tbh tbh. Would need a big gaming group but would be fun. You would have a bunch of blank tiles that you could draw on with dry-erase markers. There would however need to be an actual tech tree.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2023, 08:43:56 am »

Gridhood: The Board Game when? ;D

I'd play the hell out of that tbh tbh. Would need a big gaming group but would be fun. You would have a bunch of blank tiles that you could draw on with dry-erase markers. There would however need to be an actual tech tree.
Think that may be called Civilization.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2023, 12:09:45 pm »

Perhaps my time would be better spent making a version of Gridhood that doesn't actually require a GM?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2023, 11:26:31 pm »

Perhaps my time would be better spent making a version of Gridhood that doesn't actually require a GM?

I was thinking more of something to help the GM with bookkeeping and stuff, not replace them…

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2023, 03:26:17 am »

It wouldn't be the same if there was no GM.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2023, 03:41:36 am »

Dunno if an excel-like would help.

Create a grid in Excel with a key for turn actions, build in an rng, watch as the numbers change. 
I'm no programmer, so that is probably the best suggestion I can make.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7