Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505620 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2655 on: February 14, 2018, 06:01:39 pm »

Rogue walked down the hall.  Glancing left and right at the intersections, he made note of the cleanliness, the lack of items littering the halls as they had just a year ago.  Red Hammer certainly did have a certain affect, with her ability to command the forumites to work.  With such a tangible benefit.  The stockpiles were filled, the bones and blood removed.  To the unfamiliar eye, it would be a fine time.

Unless one could spy on conversations, and made note of associations.  Red Hammer was close to Apiks.  Unlike the others whom would shy away from Apiks, muscles tensing in the ways they knew would hide part of their deeper terror, Red Hammer walked around seemingly flagrantly unaware, or uncaring of the monster next to her. 

Instead she went about destroying magic items, although not all, as a few remained tucked away in corners of the fortress, their magic faintly glowing to his eyes.  Dangerous as they most certainly were, they’d be much needed relics if--no, when--the undead came. 

He passed the temple to the gods.  Rogue shook his head, muttering a few curses about the high priest within.  Memories of the gods he’d worshiped in past lives arose, the little magic he’d been given, the boons recieved.  Each world, each fortress, was now a blasted ruin.  A glorified coffin.   Each god and goddess would pass out of existence, their power finite, despite what mortals believed. 

The only thing that didn’t change was Armok.  Always there, always present.  The Afer deity would pass, just like the others, no matter what the others believed.  Armok didn’t care, Armok just was. What purpose, what meaning, what end?  These were the questions that had dogged him since the high priest ruled last.  The gods of this plane didn’t have an answer to that when asked. 

Rogue exited the fortress, and climbed to the top of the incomplete walls.  So little had changed over all that time.  The fortress was still little more than a hole in the ground.  Terming it a fortress wasn’t apt.  Not with unfinished walls at least. 

Rogue huffed about, and pointed at a forumite walking by, who froze accordingly.  “Go tell the builders, there’s work to be done on the walls.”  The forumite nodded vigorously and ran off.  “Time for new leadership.  Hopefully we’ll have less casualties this time around,” he muttered grimly. 

Let's hope the politicians decide to take a--  who am I kidding?

EDIT: Whomever put the statues of Sprin and TheDwarfy1 out front, they're frankly fitting, and will serve as excellent psychological warfare against our enemies.  And each other.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:33:29 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: February 14, 2018, 07:54:22 pm »

Red Hammer just destroys the obvious/troublesome magic items. She doesn't care about most of them. She even made an artifact cabinet.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:52 am »

Small update.  I've been running this nonstop for several hours, and one time when I glanced over it had 3 fps.  This'll take a while. 

Journals of Carefulrogue, ghost of Necrothreat IV

7th Slate, 566
Migrants have arrived.  An animal dissector, a book maker and jeweler, a merchant and clothier, a legendary weaver, a mechanic… mostly more men for the army. 

20th Slate, 566
A pair of soldiers sought me out on the walls.  They wanted to join the fortress as soldiers.  We always need more soldiers.  Hopefully when the damned politicians show up, they’ll get to dip their weapons in their blood.

16th Felsite, 566
New soldiers have been added to the rolls.  Much as I hate to take away from the workforce, a larger professional force, or better-than-nothing, is a necessity. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: February 15, 2018, 12:47:44 pm »

I know I'm sounding annoying about this, but is Highmax enlisted into the army yet or is he deemed still too weak?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: February 15, 2018, 02:02:06 pm »

I know I'm sounding annoying about this, but is Highmax enlisted into the army yet or is he deemed still too weak?
I can throw him in.  I left off with the troll hordes closing in, and I expect a politician raid a few hours after I deal with this attack.  Up to you.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »

I like how resigned Carefulrogue is about the politicians.

"Yep, in a few days or so Donald Trump, Hillary, and the rest are gonna come to my house and try to personally murder me. Just like always."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: February 15, 2018, 05:43:44 pm »

I like how resigned Carefulrogue is about the politicians.

"Yep, in a few days or so Donald Trump, Hillary, and the rest are gonna come to my house and try to personally murder me. Just like always."
Ever seen a quiet day in the news?  I can think of a couple of contenders, but they weren't quiet for different reasons. 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: February 15, 2018, 06:08:45 pm »

I think I've never seen those invasions because I've never played a full turn. I started in early summer this time, last time I started even later.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: February 15, 2018, 09:12:54 pm »

I want a turn or to be dorfed pls for !!SCIENCE!!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: February 15, 2018, 09:15:31 pm »

I want a turn or to be dorfed pls for !!SCIENCE!!
Apiks'll add you to the list.  In the present context, you also used the wrong word.  What sort of character.  I'll add you after the culling. 

Also, guys, Crazy Fey is most likely dead. 

EDIT: Yep, he's dead.

EDIT2:

17th Felsite, 566
Oh no…
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He only wants stone.  Please be something more than a mechanism.

1st Hematite, 566
This better be a really expensive mechanism, so help…

Value: 6000 dwarfbucks
Description: simple.

A traction bench would have been far more useful.

2nd Hematite, 566
This was expected.  The politicians should be on the ambushes’ heels in a few days.  In the meantime…

Frankly from what I can see up here, the trolls are having a helluva time with mere cage traps someone placed near the edge of our territory in the NE.  It’s quite funny. 

4th Hematite, 566
CRAZY FEY GET BACK HERE!!
Ya know what?  If anyone wants to run out and die, enjoy.  I learned my lesson last time.  Enjoy fighting 50 trolls on your own, the military will not run out to save you.

Events from 6th Hematite, 566

Rogue sat on top of one of the half finished walls, watching the trolls stream in one by one.  The screams of one were finally cut off as an axemite finished one off that was very far ahead of the others. 

The military in its entirety was gathered down off the entry hallway, waiting for the call to sally out on their attackers.  Apiks had given him a long stare when he’d appeared to order them up to the walls, but rallied the military and officers to the room specified. 

Rogue turned his head at the sound of the roar of triumph from a troll down in a ditch, the axemite from before, now nothing more than a rag in the huge hands of the monster.  Rogue shook his head. 

“Two casualties already.  This’ll go well,” he muttered.  Rogue then bailed off the wall backwards.  Flying over the wall was a statue in his likeness.  It was soon followed by a Highmax and Sprin, although the last crashed against the wall, not clearing the top.  “Son of a-!”  Rogue glanced furtively around.  “You bastards!” he shouted over the walls, trudging back through the entrance to the fortress.  As if they didn’t have enough to do!

Rogue got to the gap between the walls before a spearmaster ran past, running through a troll with an avatar.  Three other trolls surrounded him, each who were quickly pincushioned.  Rogue shook his head as the spearmaster walked back across and across the bridge into the keep.

Rogue reached the gate between the interior dirt keep, before seeing another forumite engage in combat with another knot of trolls.  A hammerman entered his vision, and he watched as both were brutally cut down.  Another forumite engaged on combat with one at the entrance as Rogue ghosted into the room where the military waited. 

A few of the soldiers jumped, but the ones he recognized didn’t.  Apiks stood out at the front, a  small circle around him, as he fought down what to Rogue looked like a smile.  TheDwarfyOne was back in a corner, watching the room from the corner, Red Hammer watching it all from the opposite corner.  Kaladin stood in the middle, eagerly waiting for the signal. 

Rogue merely nodded.  “Time to move forward.”  With that, Rogue strode out of the room, as the military surged forward, a wave with a vanguard of metal, composed of flesh.  The army surged out, and the stragglers that picked a fight with the trolls were saved by blades.

A short butchery later, the monsters lay dead.  Rogue looked across the battlefield, and climbed the walls to look out over the hills again.  Any day now.

Journals of Carefulrogue
21st Hematite, 566
A line of migrants have been spotted on the horizon.  7 new forumites to help with the masonry and building.  Good.

2nd Malachite, 566
No sign of the politicians.  Did we get lucky this time?  Or are they waiting over the next hill?  Without fail for years, and now…
Well, that’s just great.  Cavern 2 I hope is inaccessible.

3rd Malachite, 566
For the love of Armok…
Cavern 1 gets another resident. 

Event from 9th Malachite, 566
“Overseer, I’m going to name my shield-!”

“I. DON’T.  CARE.” Rogue said from on top of the wall. 

23rd Malachite, 566
“Mr. Overseer!” A goblin in flamboyant garb shouted up the wall at him, “my troupe and I would request-”

“If you’re unwilling to pick up a sword and fight, consider your request denied.”

1st Limestone, 566
Rogue glanced up from his book.  A red leaf had settled down on the page, and he glanced up  from his work. 

It was fall.  There were no politicians.  No gamers.  Only the shouts of forumites setting into place the bricks for the fortress walls.  Rogue closed the book, and it disappeared from view.  Down off the walls, Rogue observed the military fighting, the walls being raised, mistakes ripped up, and general peace.

In this place, it was such a foreign idea.  Below, there were some of their own twisted in curses, just behind him a madman with a crown fetish, a child that could control blood, and yet, for this moment in time, there was peace.  He wondered if it would last.

“GAMERS!”  Someone shouted from the walls.

Rogue turned where the sentry was standing up on the wall, pointing off to the NE.  “Well bollocks,” he muttered.

2nd Limestone, 566
The fortress has been moved to the mild danger alert.  A pair of mmo gamers triggered a trap in the NE.  We can take them, but I’d rather do it in home territory, lest my hopes get the better of me again. 

6th  Limestone, 566
Dang it, now is not the time for a possession!  Please be simple…

EDIT3:  Pictures
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:56:05 pm by Carefulrogue »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: February 16, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »

you sound like Forrest Gump.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:13 pm »

So sprin and I are dead or did we just get tossed around?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: February 17, 2018, 10:12:30 pm »

Everyone except Crazy Fey among the named are alive.  Presently.  I dunno what'll happen with this wave of gamers, but I suspect little good.  We only lost about five forumites in the overall length of the conflict. 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: February 18, 2018, 11:01:39 am »

Oh yeah, could you keep Red Hammer out of combat until she's healed? When I passed off the save she had like two functioning limbs.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: February 18, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »

Oh yeah, could you keep Red Hammer out of combat until she's healed? When I passed off the save she had like two functioning limbs.
 Ya know, that's information that probably should have been passed on before I started taking down notes.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 202