Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9636 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:30 pm »

Hi!

Okay, the megabeast balance is still awful. First world I generated leaving things at default promptly stopped creation the year checks began. Then I created a new world; cave size 200, I think, 400 mountain and 400 nonmountain caves. Just to make sure, I deactivated the megabeast check.

Good thing I deactivated the check. The last megabeast was a dragon which died around 600.

In addition, among the living monsters, giants seem to take a very prominent role. Practically all of them have earned nick names in combat (although often with just a few kills).

The second prominent group I noticed were ettins, half of which did not have nick names at all (so I guess they simply hid inside the back of the cave so that no one kills them.

I think it would be interesting to tinker a little bit with the monster stats (I assume they influence chances of survival during history) - improving megabeasts and maybe weakening giants a little bit. Anyone got any good ideas or hints where to aim at? And does anyone know if there is a way of changing the number of megabeasts initially created? I couldn't see any such option in the world gen.

Deathworks

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04:59 pm »

I agree. Almost all my quest concern Giants (and I've got many cyclop-slaying quests also). I'm adding it.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 03:13:56 pm »

- Destroyed town during world gen wars should be ruins when the game begin.

I have actually found ruins on abandoned towns. And have found also abandoned towns that lack any kind of construction. What bothers me about them is that nowhere in their description says they where destroyed or abandoned so I can only guess or look in legends to find out about the cause of their appearance.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 03:18:49 pm »

I just started in on my stone crafting in my current fortress. All was well... until my dwarves started randomly moving my finished goods from the finished goods stockpile they were in to the leather-only stockpile. Neither stockpile is set to pull from another stockpile. This is a world generated in 39b, so no lingering issues there. I checked my stockpile settings, and nothing looks out of place, so I'm guessing it's a bug.

EDIT: After some more fiddling with the situation, I have a theory: that the bin was emptied in the leather stockpile, was thus marked for being moved to the finished goods stockpile, and the jobs to start putting finished goods in it got queued up, and completed before the job to move it to the new location. Would this be WAD, or a bug?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:26:50 pm by ndkid »

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:34 pm »

Maybe another bug, but whenever merchants arrive the message: 'The merchants need a trade depot to unload their goods' appears every time yet I have a depot which they have access to.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 03:23:53 pm »

Zemat : They should appear like ruins in the worldmap also, I think.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:27:02 pm by Timst »

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35:02 pm »

Yes, they appear as ruins on the map, but their description only says "town" so it's confusing. I would prefer if the description said "abandoned town" or "ruined town".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:53:19 pm by Zemat »
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 03:37:10 pm »

Oh, ok. I modify the entry in the list.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:49 pm »

fortress mode:

I embarked and my wagon was crashed upon the cliffside, stuff spilled out.

This might be intentional.
Also, it was on a map generated by 39a.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

M. Gross

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:58 pm »

It looks like Smelters currently don't have the "Make Coke" option even though Lignite is present and mined.

Keeps giving me "Must have coal fuel."

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2008, 04:32:53 pm »

It looks like Smelters currently don't have the "Make Coke" option even though Lignite is present and mined.

Keeps giving me "Must have coal fuel."

Just to make sure you haven't overlooked something, do you have charcoal?  In order to make coke from lignite, you need to already have a source of fuel.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2008, 05:06:39 pm »

Okay, I found a bug that wasn't my fault.

So when you get multiple animals in the embark screen, it doesn't use their plural forms. It's not just for one or two, either. Look.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:01 pm »

It appears, whenever I make a lavish meal in my kitchen (I have yet to attempt other levels of meal), the resulting roast is... well, roast. No variety. Just "roast".
"This is a stack of [insert quality here] roast. The ingredients are".
Does the null roast provide sustenance? I will meditate upon this koan. I'll also update this if any of my dwarves eat it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 06:09:53 pm »

Hm, don't know if this was already reported in the thread about the weird trade depot message (which I also got), but this has never happened to me before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Msus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2008, 06:25:26 pm »

Has anyone else encountered long bridges just stopping? Could this be a feature (unfinished bridges) or do you think it's a bug?

EDIT: This has partially been documented in another thread (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20610.0).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:46:18 pm by Msus »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9