Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419904 times)

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Even a Urist Feels Love
« Reply #2100 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:12 pm »

If you want Visual Fortress to make the pyramid have the same proportions as the actual pyramids, try setting the block dimensions to z14, x11, y11, so that the gradients of the sides are similar.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 05, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »

Wait , Am i reading the Real thing?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:23:14 pm by Ze Spy »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2102 on: November 06, 2010, 11:22:24 am »

Wait , Am i reading the Real thing?

I don't know.  Are you?

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2103 on: November 06, 2010, 11:26:57 am »

If you want Visual Fortress to make the pyramid have the same proportions as the actual pyramids, try setting the block dimensions to z14, x11, y11, so that the gradients of the sides are similar.

Ok I tried it.  The pyramid looks good but everything else is all squatty looking...

I guess this is what Blockedlance would actually look like in real life, though, as I'd imagine dwarven structures WOULD look squatty to human eyes.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2104 on: November 06, 2010, 11:34:03 am »

It is now Spring of 275

The population continues to climb mercilessly.  Look at this!  Only a handful of pagans....and theyre all in the military (except for Khamero and Eagle).  We started with 1, then climbed up to a population of 234 at our highest, then we went down to 43 at our lowest after all the pagan killings.  Now here we are, the stock of an Armok worshiping dwarven master race!

Huzzah!!!

Not much happens this year.  Mogror Harbett's new engineering project has been the further expansion of the outer walls to build a more grand entrance to the fortress proper.  Jewelettarette is still mayor of the fortress (shes had that locked up for several decades now) and Khamero is still barking orders at his younger sons and daughters to get these spoiled noble brats to work.  As you can see above, the food stockpiles are still low, and the booze stockpiles arent full enough for 92 dwarves either. 

With Urist falling in love, that will soon be three couples having 1.33 babies per year.  3 * 1.33 = 4.  We will be getting 4 babies per year once Urist marries.  That is a LOT of poopy diapers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:52:24 am by MrGimp »

DrakenMaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 07, 2010, 08:40:28 am »

Marvelous time to reach finally reach the present in the story. Mind if I call dibs on the first heir of Urist not already claimed by yourself?

Name can be Draken. For either gender.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2106 on: November 07, 2010, 10:51:59 am »

Marvelous time to reach finally reach the present in the story. Mind if I call dibs on the first heir of Urist not already claimed by yourself?

Name can be Draken. For either gender.

Ok Ill add you.  Still have 5 years to go though, haha

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2107 on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:27 am »

Spring 276

Kulaka continues to wine and dine the old Empress.  Food and drink stockpiles are still not very plentiful and the population continues to grow.

Our military continues to train.  Our two marksdwarf squads take turns training in the old barracks.  After firing countless numbers of wooden bolts, they start becoming champion level, just like our axedwarfs.

In other news....

Someone died!

I was shocked at first because I assumed it was an Armok worshiper.  That was when I remembered a couple of the Stonecutters were still pagan.  So good riddance to this trash.  He didnt even have a memorable name.  I'm glad hes dead.  If he hadnt died I woulda killed him.

Stil....

It vexes me how he died.  Theres enough booze....and even if there werent, theres still a few murky pools left, and several places in the underground river system to drink.  How did he die from thirst????

Oh.  He walled himself onto an isolated ledge.  What an idiot.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 07, 2010, 01:00:48 pm »

I love this story. Every death absolutely fails at being tragic, and ends up being simply funny.
Quote from: MrGimp
Oh.  He walled himself onto an isolated ledge.  What an idiot.
I lol'd.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 07, 2010, 07:02:33 pm »

I know you're ahead in the story, but the legacy of Akigagak Citylancers, the Romantic Flayer, Lord of Bondage and Scourge of Goblinkind must return!

Any military dwarves bumming around that could conceivably be plot-twisted as his spawn?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2110 on: November 07, 2010, 09:56:02 pm »

I know you're ahead in the story, but the legacy of Akigagak Citylancers, the Romantic Flayer, Lord of Bondage and Scourge of Goblinkind must return!

Any military dwarves bumming around that could conceivably be plot-twisted as his spawn?

Actually, I plan on the return of Lord Akigagak!  Plus a couple other dwarves....

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 07, 2010, 10:11:45 pm »

Earlier, I loved your joke off of One Dwarf Against the World. Heh heh.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2112 on: November 07, 2010, 10:12:29 pm »

Spring 277

96 dwarves.  And counting.

Booze stockpiles are rising, but food is still somewhat low, although manageable.  Khamero made a couple more of his spoiled kids cook and brew for us so that we could guarantee a 24/7 production line.

But who cares about babies and booze, when love is in the air?

Tensions are high in the fortress as Urist openly snubs the Duke.  Khamero and his clan are being forced to work to keep the fortress fed, and instead of the new nobility, it seems the majority of his offspring will now make up the new peasantry.  The foul mood of the fortress possesses a young child...

In an effort to win over the Empress, and preserve the lives of he and his family, a young child has gone all creative and OCD on us.  He presents the Empress with a gift of an artifact crown...

Syrupticks eh?  That sounds like a horrible affliction.  I wouldn't want to have sex with anyone that had syrup ticks.  It's not quite as fancy as Urist's raw adamantine crown, but hey, it's an artifact.  And hey, Urist has a use for a crown that is not as nice as hers, for in this year, at long last, the 123 year old Empress finally marries!!!

There is a massive celebration and a huge feast that Khamero's children are forced to prepare and cater.  During the celebration, Empress Urist crowns her new husband Kulaka Whipcolor the Priest-King of Blockedlance!

All hail Empress Urist!  All hail the Priest-King of Armok!  Blood for the Blood God!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:11 am »

Blood For The Blood God!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 08, 2010, 04:10:34 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 164