Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419647 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - An Heir is Born!
« Reply #2220 on: January 20, 2011, 07:08:48 am »

Can't you just assign assassins to a hostile civ so everyone would be okay with their deaths?
Maybe it has something to do with the friendship?
That shitstorm you described is hilarious (I really liked Urist becoming paranoid and turning against random allies) but I don't think it correlates well with bipolar confrontation story.
My suggestion is to revert save but keep story as is, if you get make assassins properly killed, just kill them in any other way, or just pretend that they were.

Edit: Yay, lucky number! This thread is really loong  :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:10:47 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 20, 2011, 07:25:28 am »

Should I just go with it and laugh at the spectacle of senseless death and the possible loss of the entire fortress and royal lineage?

This

Use at your risk, I am not responsible for the loss of a Great and grant fortress, the death of urist, or the destruction of the Entire royal lineage

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 20, 2011, 08:08:49 am »

I've just realised that Deviled's character, Konczewski, in my community fortress, RED, bears a passing resemblance to Urist. Congratulations! You've become a subconscience inspiration.

You should revert with some story magic.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:05 pm »

Imhotep has been quiet in these councils a long time.

Now he speaks:
Let the blood spurt where it may! Such is the way of dwarves and of Armok himself.

And then judge by the aftermath whether Armok might reset time again to match the desires of his absolute will.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 23, 2011, 05:25:48 pm »

Holy crap... Just read through 149 pages :O

All of it was pure gold.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
« Reply #2225 on: January 27, 2011, 04:00:20 am »

Holy crap... Just read through 149 pages :O

All of it was pure gold. - Covered in blood. -

Now that's accurate!
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 27, 2011, 04:26:06 am »

Is my dwarf, Kipi, still alive?

Haven't seen any mention of him for a long time...  ;)
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

CuteEmoBoyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 28, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »

Hey Gimp may i ask how Reaper is doing?

Also im still loving the story very much.

Keep up the great work

Always loyal to the Crown Reaper is
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:41:28 pm by CuteEmoBoyx »

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 30, 2011, 02:17:03 am »

Also, If its not to much may I request a male dwarf (Any Side, Perfirbbly None) whos name is Giovanni, His life ambition is to create a tall tower one that touchs the stars themselfs, So he may study them up close...

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:22:58 am by Javarock »
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #2229 on: January 30, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »

A baby is fine. The probably-not-even-conceived-yet Fuzzybeard shall be a loyal member of the royal family, destined to either a life of thankless labor in the shadow of hir siblings, or a glorious life as key player in the next generation of Blockedlance. Or die horribly and ignobly in Ragnarok.

Also, if there is no way to make Urist a part of her civ again, then I shall vote that you save scum. I must admit that, as a relative newcomer to DF, my knowledge concerning 40d is anecdotal in nature and largely incomplete, so I am unsure as to whether or not Urist would even eat or drink after being de-berserk'd if she's being considered an enemy of her civ. If that is the case, then savescumming may be the only answer, unless you don't mind Queen Empress Urist dying of starvation. But, as I said, 40d is not within my realm of experience, so the situation may be salvageable as is.  :-\

So yeah, my vote is essentially "maybe savescum if you want to or it is necessary".

Berndarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Have beer will travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 10, 2011, 02:33:22 pm »

I just got done reading of this and i must its EPIC when I started I dint expect it to last a year much less 2 real life years and can you name some blacksmith after me if you don't mind
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:50:42 pm by Berndarmin »
1. Assign nobles.
2. Kill them for being nobles.

Rinse and repeat.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:09 am »

I just read this beggining to end (never finished it last time) and it is epic! I say that you should let the civil war break out.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:07 am »

Just finished reading the whole thread and it inspired me to sign up to the forums. If possible I'd like a Khamerite who's utterly loyal to Empress Urist and wants to betray the rest of his/her family to her. He should probably have some sort of engineering or crafting job, and be anti-social. Call him Nahere please.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 15, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »

If you can't make the failed assassination work, I'd revert and just move up Ragnarok a bit. Planned storyline ending > reality-twisting glitch ending.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2234 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32:40 am »

So I have tested a million different things.  First I was like, alright, its cuz shes beating her baby.  So I teleported poor little Yoigen out of there before the fight began.  Afterwards, Urist still got into fights with her kids.  So then I made Yoigen berserk, and had Urist kill Yoigen without killing anyone else.  No problems.  But once she killed anyone after that, it was civil war.    It turns out that no one cared if she killed her daughter.  Its these damn Khamerites that Urist's OWN CHILDREN are fighting to the death to avenge.  Crazy ass family.

So then I was like, aha!  I had drafted the berserk dwarves in order to move them before they were berserk.  So I thought, well maybe I need to un-draft them.  I thought that was real clever.  I un-drafted them, then made them berserk, then had the fight....then....still civil war. 

I tried everything.  I even tried making Urist berserk and then un-berserking her after the carnage.  Still nothing.  I dont know what it is about the Khamerites, Ive never had this problem before.  These Khamerites were born in the fortress though.  So maybe they have some unique tag that is switched on and it is causing problems deep within the recesses of the game code or the Dwarf Companion code?

At one point I gave up.  I said, fuck it, we're dwarves!  We're seeing this through to the bitter end.  I stationed Urist deep in her palace, and then banished the Khamerites and Kurkites to the surface.  I had to also keep Urist away from her other family though....then I had to feed her.  Then I wanted to get working on the adventure tunnels, but all the workers are on the surface, all the construction items they need were in the palace, and it was just a gigantic headache and a lot of 'Item inaccessible' spam.

You have no idea how many saves I have had to scum in the past couple months.

So finally I just reverted and threw the fuckers from the top of the pyramid.

Oddly enough that did not cause a civil war.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:36:54 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 164