Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 ... 2192

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2861018 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31605 on: October 31, 2018, 10:18:35 am »

Watching Berserk right now as well! Also watching Attack on Titans and Yuri on Ice. I love anime!

For a moment there I thought it said Teen Titans, and I was like "Teen Titans? Anime? What!?"
But as it turns out, it was just my own brain trolling me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31606 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:02 pm »

So I was bored and sleepless the other night and browsed trough my now fairly sizeable backlog of shows, realised that I hadn't seen Fate stay night (insert / where appropriate) despite kinda liking that Grand Order thing I somehow ended up watching a while back.

FSN was pretty good, interesting idea, good enough characters and flashy fights, it kinda meandered towards the end with Shirou being a bit of a clueless twat but it ends on a pretty nice bittersweet note.

So right after I go for Infinite Blade Works since that one is kinda chronologically the one to follow in terms of main story branches (ignoring the other adaptations of side stuff here, that'll probably come later). I'm about 5 episodes in (the first Berserker fight) and I gotta say, I'm blown away by the leap in visuals here, but I guess that's what a bigger budget and more creative direction gets you. Seriously, this is probably the one instance of 3d use where it feels completely justified and seamless. They're doing angles and twists and transitions you never see in regular anime romps (well, until recently OPM and BNHA are kinda lifting the bar there). Just the berserker fight now was fucking magnificent in terms of coreography and visuals, as well as sound to a certain extent.

Just left hoping this branch of the story is as interesting as the first one, the differences so far are not as huge but I can see this stuff butterflying out later on pretty easily.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31607 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:40 pm »

Castlevania season 2 was amazeballs

Agree so hard. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31608 on: November 08, 2018, 07:36:56 pm »

So I was bored and sleepless the other night and browsed trough my now fairly sizeable backlog of shows, realised that I hadn't seen Fate stay night (insert / where appropriate) despite kinda liking that Grand Order thing I somehow ended up watching a while back.

FSN was pretty good, interesting idea, good enough characters and flashy fights, it kinda meandered towards the end with Shirou being a bit of a clueless twat but it ends on a pretty nice bittersweet note.

So right after I go for Infinite Blade Works since that one is kinda chronologically the one to follow in terms of main story branches (ignoring the other adaptations of side stuff here, that'll probably come later). I'm about 5 episodes in (the first Berserker fight) and I gotta say, I'm blown away by the leap in visuals here, but I guess that's what a bigger budget and more creative direction gets you. Seriously, this is probably the one instance of 3d use where it feels completely justified and seamless. They're doing angles and twists and transitions you never see in regular anime romps (well, until recently OPM and BNHA are kinda lifting the bar there). Just the berserker fight now was fucking magnificent in terms of coreography and visuals, as well as sound to a certain extent.

Just left hoping this branch of the story is as interesting as the first one, the differences so far are not as huge but I can see this stuff butterflying out later on pretty easily.

For the love of god, please watch Fate Zero! It’s a prequel so don’t worry about continuity, and also it’s a wonderful show, considered to be better than fate stay/night. The first dozen episodes are a quite a drag unfortunately, but once it switches to the second OP and the plot finally starts moving forwards it all becomes worth it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #31609 on: November 09, 2018, 02:25:40 am »

Finished Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it, would recommend.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31610 on: November 09, 2018, 02:41:49 am »

So far on the current season I've been watching Slimu, Goblin Slayer and Bunny-Senpai.
And I have to say I am a little bit curious as to the order in which I'd put them. Goblin Slayer has a very Grimgar-esque feel to it, and I'm hoping that the character will continue (or maybe start) to grow as the series goes on.
Slime is this weird 'It's an isekai, but hey a twist because the main character is a monster', except he's still as overpowered and they somehow use him being a slime as a way to make him even more likeable to every other character around.
Meanwhile Bunny girl senpai is definitely on my shit-list of 'books whose covers I judged and possibly should not have'. Step 1: There is seriously no blatant ecchi. They literally call it 'bunny-girl senpai' without having panty shots every episode (which for me is a massive bonus but ymmv).
Step 2: It has the haruhi suzumiya vibe of 'wierd magic stuff happens, but nobody really knows/talks about it'. It's like that show with the town with the chick who can go back in time and the guy who can remember it, except... better somehow.
Step 3: It's funny. The dialogue is snappy without being psychi-kun fast, and the romance is once again not overt enough to make me feel sick.

Somehow the thing I refused to watch at first has almost become my top pick this season, which is so weird.

Also: Black Clover. I've hit episode 20 and boy, once they get the cast of characters up past the half dozen so that sir-screamalot only gets 1/6th of the screentime, everything becomes great.
Or at least fucking tolerable.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31611 on: November 09, 2018, 02:55:23 am »

Not strictly anime, but it's something that people into anime might have some interest in (tokusatsu), I'm rewatching the dubbed Monkey series (Saiyuki) from circa 1980. The reason is that I always wondered why it didn't have a proper ending. It turns out that they only originally dubbed up to episode 39, but there are 52 episodes, and when the DVDs came out circa 2006, they got most of the original English voice cast back together to dub the rest. So, I can finally see the ending of a Japanese series that's been bugging me for a long time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31612 on: November 09, 2018, 11:07:16 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_u6-ulavQ

Wholly shit, good stuff from this otherwise mediocre castlevania series.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31613 on: November 11, 2018, 02:15:01 pm »

If that stupid kid in the clover show would stop screaming about being totally-not-the-pirate-king-because-it-is-different and say "I CAST.... SWORD!" I would love the show, but fuck him for not doing that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31614 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:21 am »

*ahem*

So the new Super Robot Wars game was just announced. And among its newcoming series are included, Magic Knight Rayearth, Captain Harlock, and COWBOY BEBOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTrMYbj66pQ
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31615 on: November 19, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »

Hooray for bathtub exposition.
Goblin Slayer letting me down a little, but I guess sex sells
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31616 on: November 19, 2018, 05:45:38 pm »

I just finished catching up on all the current dubbed episodes of Black Clover. It's just your typical anime about warring factions of dudes with unique powers that clash in occasionally interesting ways. Annoyingly, the first 5 minutes of every episode is spent recapping the last 10 minutes of the previous episode. Also, the start felt extremely rough, with utterly shallow characters and plot devices. The show does get much more watchable after a while, but it's still nothing particularly original or noteworthy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31617 on: November 20, 2018, 12:01:22 am »

Gurren Lagann is great

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31618 on: November 20, 2018, 12:08:52 am »

I started rewatching it recently, and I definitely like some parts.  I'm not sure it all holds up, but I guess I'll leave it in my flag.  It is pretty, and I really like the setting/plot.  The characters are just more cartoonish than I remembered (in an anime?  Say it ain't so)

I may have taken the "Don't believe in yourself, believe in your friend who believes in you" message a bit too seriously back in the day.  Which is kinda a bad message, basing your self image on the opinions of others.  Which the show eventually points out, even, to which I basically said "Nah I like the original message better, self-respect is for the birds".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31619 on: November 20, 2018, 10:51:56 am »

No no no, believe in the KAMINA who believes in you, because he's awesomebro.
Pages: 1 ... 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 ... 2192