Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]

Author Topic: Life and Times of Strife26  (Read 138469 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Strife26
« Reply #1575 on: June 16, 2017, 07:40:07 pm »

Showering at truck stops is definitely an option, but I've found that most places aren't amenable to car fueling giving points, and cash-wise, twelve bucks is a third of the price of a cheap hotel room.

The showers are usually pretty awesome, though
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 17, 2017, 06:25:12 am »

Ah yes, pass current border enforcement and drive around Mexico with your every material possession, great idea

What could possibly go wrong?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 20, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »

Well, a couple of days spent in Portland, although I haven't made nearly as wide of a survey of the area as I would like. The extensive and inexplicable laziness of last summer's road trip has returned in full force. I'm strongly considering going with the option of finding and renting something instead of finding places to sleep in the car (actually got rousted at 2 in the morning today, in an 24 hour gym parking lot, even).

Portland itself seems pleasant enough, although my attempt to visit the zoo was delayed by ridiculous numbers of people and 1.60 an hour parking. The culture seems decent and it looks generally acceptable from browsing the craigslist rentals. On the negative side, going to a grocery store and buying a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, and two bottles of Powerade somehow topped ten bucks, which is pretty damn ridiculous to my mind. I think it might just be Safeways, though, because I recall the one I visited in California being crazy expensive too.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 20, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »

See, if you'd just had gone to Baja instead you'd be in an exciting thriller movie about Mexican cartels right now. Instead you've got organic latte bread and can't pump your own gas.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 20, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »

See, if you'd just had gone to Baja instead you'd be in an exciting thriller movie about Mexican cartels right now. Instead you've got organic latte bread and can't pump your own gas.

Damn me and my poor decision making. It's amazing how disconcerting not pumping my own gas actually is. Am I supposed to tip for it?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 29, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »

Don't tip for it, unless they do something to actually deserve like clean your windows for you.

And if you want somewhere to park and sleep,parking lots of strip malls and stores like Meijers are good places to do it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 04, 2022, 11:34:31 pm »

Been forever since I've posted in this thread, but the looming Steam release is making me nostalgic for the past. Maybe I'll have to post an update or an epilogue or somesuch.

BLUF: me is good engineer in LA who works too much and doesn't have much of a life outside of that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 05, 2022, 12:06:02 am »

Good to hear from you Strife.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 05, 2022, 09:18:07 am »

Hey strife! Been thinking about you from time to time. I'm glad to hear you're doing well!
Love, scriver~

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 15, 2022, 06:13:52 pm »

17 year old male

You grew up so fast. :'(

In like, what? 200 pages?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 23, 2022, 03:15:08 pm »

Something like that! And I probably stopped posting frequently five years ago or something.

It's pretty incredible how much went into this thread once upon a time. It's nice to look back on, so I think it's served its purpose.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 07, 2023, 02:27:27 am »

When you started this thread, you were 17 and I was 4, and now you are 30 and I am 17.

I see in your first post you mentioned you were applying to West Point. One of my friends is in JROTC and said you need a recommendation from your Congressman to apply to West Point. Was that also true back then? You know, in the olden times?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 02:31:54 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 14, 2023, 04:36:07 am »

Something like that! And I probably stopped posting frequently five years ago or something.

It's pretty incredible how much went into this thread once upon a time. It's nice to look back on, so I think it's served its purpose.

Classic strife moment
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]