Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59384 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 3 brings new hope
« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2009, 06:50:06 am »

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, so, I've got nothing to say.

I'm talking Archangel levels of lurking here.
OK. I think I should just stay away from this subsection once this game is over. I'm just not talkative enough. I don't have anything to say so I don't post, which tends to mean that I don't have anything to say.

i would comment on how unhelpful you're being, but that wouldnt be helpful.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2009, 06:55:03 am »

OK. I think I should just stay away from this subsection once this game is over. I'm just not talkative enough. I don't have anything to say so I don't post, which tends to mean that I don't have anything to say.
Nah, you just need practice. Don't leave because of one experience.

i would comment on how unhelpful you're being, but that wouldnt be helpful.
That was a really unhelpful thing to say.
Also, Can you post your suspicions so far.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2009, 06:57:13 am »

Nah, you just need practice. Don't leave because of one experience.
I've been in most of the paranormal mafias though, and I think I was about as useful in those as I've been in this.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2009, 07:41:47 am »

I don't know. Are you inferring that I am the last scum, or are you asking for my suspicions?
That depends on how you answer my question, now doesn't it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2009, 08:31:37 am »

Uh, no. What your question means does not depend on how I answer it. What I take your question to mean depends on how I answer it, but you already had a question in mind when you asked it. What was this question?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2009, 08:56:24 am »

Uh, no. What your question means does not depend on how I answer it. What I take your question to mean depends on how I answer it, but you already had a question in mind when you asked it. What was this question?
I already said the question. What's inferred is how one interprets it. Obviously, you think I think you're the last scum, which is a pretty blatant thing to decipher, considering the context. Especially with the way you answered it. Which is that you didn't. Perhaps because you don't know who looks suspicious, because you are indeed the last scum.

Maybe you should answer the question with something other than:
I don't know. Are you inferring that I am the last scum, or are you asking for my suspicions?

Because obviously, a question like:
Also, Cheeetar, would you mind telling me who's the last scum?
Means that if you were going to answer my question with a real name, or even a list of suspicions, instead of an "I don't know," you might be doing something besides active lurking.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2009, 09:05:49 am »

At the moment I am suspicious of Inaluct. He's been lurking, and when A_Fey_Dwarf called him out on his he voted for Twiggie, either because he could bandwagon on it (he admitted this with 'I'll go along with the vote for twiggie') or because Twiggie was lurking. Which dosen't make sense, because Inaluct was also lurking.

However, I don't know who the last scum is.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:58 am »

At the moment I am suspicious of Inaluct. He's been lurking, and when A_Fey_Dwarf called him out on his he voted for Twiggie, either because he could bandwagon on it (he admitted this with 'I'll go along with the vote for twiggie') or because Twiggie was lurking. Which dosen't make sense, because Inaluct was also lurking.

However, I don't know who the last scum is.
I suppose one would not KNOW. Bad wording on my part. You make a valid point, though, as inaluct does seem rather suspicious. However, I feel that Twiggie is a big lurker pants and needs to die. However, I must unvote for now.

But, if you go back, you'll see Mr.Person is very suspicious. I'll do a proper analysis in a bit, as I need to bring up a couple of posts from him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2009, 10:51:54 am »

Spoiler: Longest Post Ever (click to show/hide)
I want Mr.Person gone. As much as I dislike lurkers, I dislike this the play style of Mr.Person more.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2009, 01:23:36 pm »

Since I am far too lazy to go through the whole thing point by point, if you would lovingly pull out any parts you want me to comment on, I would gladly do so. In any case, I think you're way overthinking this a tad much. This is helpful info, though, so I can't really complain.

One part I did you see you say that I want a rebuttal against would be you attacking me for wanting a double lynch every night. Am I the only one who's done the math here? Suppose we double lynch every night and there are no kills other than the cult.

15 alive Day 3, -2 lynched
13 alive Night 3, -1 cult kill
12 alive Day4, -2 lynched
10 alive Night 4, -1 cult kill
9 alive Day 5, -2 lynched
7 alive Night 5, -1 cult kill
6 alive Day 6, -2 lynched
4 alive Night 6, -1 cult kill
3 alive Day 7, -1 lynched

That's 4 cult kills and 9 lynches. Now suppose we single lynch every night.

15 alive Day 3, -1 lynched
14 alive Night 3, -1 cult kill
13 alive Day 4, -1 lynched
12 alive Night 4, -1 cult kill
11 alive Day 5, -1 lynched
10 alive Night 5, -1 cult kill
9 alive Day 6, -1 lynched
8 alive Night 6, -1 cult kill
7 alive Day 7, -1 lynched
6 alive Night 7, -1 cult kill
5 alive Day 8, -1 lynched
4 alive Night 8, -1 cult kill
3 alive Day 9, -1 lynched

That's 6 cult kills and 7 lynches. By double lynching, we may be shortening the game by 2 nights, but we're also increasing our odds of getting scum with two extra lynches. Am I the only one who thinks that extra lynches are a good thing?

On lynching ToonyMan and Duke: I wanted them both gone because, surprise surprise, we had no way of knowing which one was scum! Sure, we could lynch one of them tonight and the other tomorrow if we lynched wrong, but I figured we could save ourselves the trouble, since the scum would of eventually killed ToonyMan anyways. Besides, they both claimed townie. It's not like we risked losing anybody important.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 02, 2009, 02:01:35 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person : Servant Corps, webadict
Twiggie : inaluct
inaluct : A_Fey_Dwarf, Twiggie
No Lynch: Frelock

Reminder: Day 3 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

When we have 3 alive, that's LYLO. The town have to lynch correctly then, or fail badly.

So, we have 4 cult kills, and 8 lynches if we do a double lynch. If we do a single lynch, we have 6 cult kills, and 6 lynches.

But the main flaw is that as long as the Cultist is alive, he can redirect the lynches to target anyone other than him. In that case, a double lynch would be terrible indeed. And I don't want webadict to cause a fit again.

Mr.Person is more suspicious than inaluct, so my vote for Mr.Person stands.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »

When we have 3 alive, that's LYLO. The town have to lynch correctly then, or fail badly.

So, we have 4 cult kills, and 8 lynches if we do a double lynch. If we do a single lynch, we have 6 cult kills, and 6 lynches.

But the main flaw is that as long as the Cultist is alive, he can redirect the lynches to target anyone other than him. In that case, a double lynch would be terrible indeed. And I don't want webadict to cause a fit again.

Mr.Person is more suspicious than inaluct, so my vote for Mr.Person stands.

Are you retarded? Yes, lynching can be redirected by the scum. Screw that though, you would rather... give the scum more kills that it alone chooses? You would, rather than have kills which CAN be directed at scum, use kill that CANNOT be directed at the scum? Great logic!
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »

Just a quick question, then, Mr.Person:

Who would you like to see double lynched?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2009, 02:34:17 pm »

I'm thinking Archangel and Beacon. I still want to get the lurkers off and conserve any roles that can clear for clearing the active players.

Actually, I think we should have everybody claim to whoever is going to get lynched tonight. From there, the 2 people getting lynched decide what everybody should do and who's clear, so we don't wind up with people doing stupid things accidentally. Does this sound good to everybody?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47