Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6674 6675 [6676] 6677 6678 ... 13316

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15002816 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100125 on: February 26, 2013, 08:03:11 pm »

I was reminded recently that tomorrow is my linguistics midterm, that there is no class that day, and that it is both take-home and open book.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100126 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »

So I just got back from the hospital and boy is my face grieviously infected!

It's been a weird week. Knock over my regular computer and make the video card go kaput, decide to cut my hair. Wake up the next morning delireous and thinking I missed a spot, accidentally shave a strip right off, and decide to pop a zit. Next day my face looks like I'm holding a golf ball in my cheek and I can barely see out of that eye.

Also the wossname anti-biogen? First IV. Interesting. My arm was cold. Also theres a horrific taste in my mouth and my cheek still hurts.

What a third of a week. Wonder what will happen tomorrow.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100127 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:57 pm »

So I just got back from the hospital and boy is my face grieviously infected!

It's been a weird week. Knock over my regular computer and make the video card go kaput, decide to cut my hair. Wake up the next morning delireous and thinking I missed a spot, accidentally shave a strip right off, and decide to pop a zit. Next day my face looks like I'm holding a golf ball in my cheek and I can barely see out of that eye.

Also the wossname anti-biogen? First IV. Interesting. My arm was cold. Also theres a horrific taste in my mouth and my cheek still hurts.

What a third of a week. Wonder what will happen tomorrow.
But you take an optimistict view, right? Are you at least a masochist?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100128 on: February 26, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

Pictures, pictures!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100129 on: February 26, 2013, 10:16:23 pm »

I'm not dead nor am I going blind! Success in my book.

THe whole 'ugly as sin' thing will sort itself out.

If you want pictures of my diseased cheek may I direct you to NOPE avenue, HELL NAW offices.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100130 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

What was it?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100131 on: February 26, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »

Just, you know, generic infection.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100132 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »

Generic infections are the worst.
You don't even get any of the cool side effects of infections, like becoming a zombie or a horrible abomination.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100133 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

Generic infections are the worst.
You don't even get any of the cool side effects of infections, like becoming a zombie or a horrible abomination.
Horrible zombie abomination? Is that a possibility? Ehh... I'd rather just the horrible abomination.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100134 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:13 pm »

Feeling like a coding boss for finishing this somewhat-lengthy assignment. I mean, I know I can't do much with this programming compared to other people, but I'm facing these problems and I am solving them, and that makes me extremely happy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100135 on: February 26, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »

I was just rummaging around in the back of my head when I happened across a very happy set of memories: my 6th birthday, a newly released copy of Rogue Squadron, and playing it with my father, one of us piloting and the other shooting. I really need to see if I can find where that got to; it deserves a nostalgia replay more than almost any other game I've ever had.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100136 on: February 26, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »

Max's Boss: Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to put up with all the damn incompetence that I always have to answer for. Why can't I have more employees that just sit in the background and get stuff done like you?

Like... Like me? Fuck I'm the biggest loud mouth uses-jokes-to-hide-self-loathing guy in the joint. When did I get a good reputation?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100137 on: February 26, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »

Physics is fun o_O
I just used twenty minutes to calculate how deep a dwarf that falls at terminal velocity into water would sink. He hit the water at 88.88 m/s and sank to 140 meters during 4.7 seconds then floated back towards the surface.
There's a good chance I did something wrong, but it was fun nevertheless. Also, Euler's Method. Or maybe it's iterative calculations.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100138 on: February 26, 2013, 11:05:33 pm »

He would sink to the depth of the water. Dorfs don't float.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100139 on: February 26, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »

Max's Boss: Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to put up with all the damn incompetence that I always have to answer for. Why can't I have more employees that just sit in the background and get stuff done like you?

Like... Like me? Fuck I'm the biggest loud mouth uses-jokes-to-hide-self-loathing guy in the joint. When did I get a good reputation?

Same thing happened to me today.  I've been working on some statistical reporting software for a client for going on seven months now, and a month ago was the biggest test - it came back with twenty three thousand individual errors, almost convincing them to delay opening their business.  I've been plugging away at fixing 99% of them, and demonstrating where the client's prior contractors were fudging numbers and whatnot.  At the same time, I spend a good third of every day notating my game design, playing Minesweeper, and sleeping sitting up.

We had a big conference meeting with my boss, his boss, and the head honchos of numbers from the client to talk about the reporting.  They loved my wonderful spreadsheets, and my liaison closed the meeting with, "I just wanted to add, we wouldn't be nearly as far along without (Aqizzar)'s hard work on this," to general agreement.

As my behavior around here might have shown, I am not a person who handles compliments very well, especially when I know how much I've been slacking off (which is always).  Hearing a room full of Serious Businessmen say "yes, this is excellent work, our bottom line has been improved by your efforts" felt like nearly being hit by a truck and then not.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 6674 6675 [6676] 6677 6678 ... 13316