Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 49222 times)

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
  • Liberal Crime Squad Strikes!
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2010, 11:39:09 pm »

Listening to Rush Limbaugh is pretty entertaining... especially after putting some time into LCS...

I think his radio thing's 'trademark' is "We allow people who disagree get on air and say their piece."

What that really means is "We screen the Liberals calling to put Rush down.  The smarter Liberals will never get on air, but the dumber ones, who havn't done any research to what they say and/or those who would just end up insulting Rush get on air."

Either way, Rush makes a lot of Conservative points.  He can be the Conservative Crime Squads mentor figure.

After he got his fat ass off the couch and stopped bitching...
Rush and his goon squad could never win anyways, against the Elite Liberal Squad of Canine Heroes with heavy body armour and AK-47's.
Fan of the "Swords Only LCS"

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2010, 01:55:21 am »

I'm borrowing this beautiful pair from the other thread.

L+ DIY Abortion kits are available from free dispensers at every elementary school.
C+ An Unborn child is given full rights as a citizen.
The great game of Warlocks!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2010, 02:35:28 am »

Actually, ever since that drug addiction, Rush has lost a lot of credibility.  Real Arch-Conservatives prefer Michael Savage.

Oh, and since when can Canine's use AK-47s?  ;)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2010, 03:14:07 am »

Why, canines can use AK-47s ever since they all suddenly turned into clones of Brian from Family Guy when animal rights turned L+... though that doesn't really fit in CCS as well. :P

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2010, 09:20:04 am »

C+ An Unborn child is given full rights as a citizen.

\o/

;)
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »

Why, canines can use AK-47s ever since they all suddenly turned into clones of Brian from Family Guy when animal rights turned L+... though that doesn't really fit in CCS as well. :P

That is so awesome!  Actually, I can see Brian fighting the CCS, maybe a boss character...

Oh, and here's to unborn children...

\;D/

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2010, 09:42:14 am »

Here are a few ones, for teh lulz:

L+ taxes: "The government is abandoning currency in favor of equal poverty."
L taxes: "Oppressive taxes are bankrupting businesses all around the country."
M taxes: "High taxes are slowing national development."
C taxes: "Fair tax rates reward industries and investors."
C+ taxes: "Low and equal tax rates give everyone an equal chance."

L+ police laws: "The police are powerless and ineffiecent because of nationwide restrictions."
L police laws: "Many police actions require a judge's approval."
M police laws: "Law enforcement has few special rights."
C police laws: "The police are given many rights concerning crime suppression."
C+ police laws: "Law enforcement is obliged to protect the people sparing no expense."

L+ drug laws: "All drugs are legal, and can be bought, sold and exported."
L drug laws: "There are few restrictions on drug cartels and exporting them."
M drug laws: "Mild drugs are allowed and a licence is needed for dealing them."
C drug laws: "Medical use of certain drugs is allowed."
C+ drug laws: "Misuse of drugs is being countered with good results."

L+ gun laws: "Anything that can be considered to be a weapon is illegal."
L gun laws: "Any weapon dealer must meet strict requirements or be shut down."
M gun laws: "A licence is needed to buy and sell weapons."
C gun laws: "People are allowed to have and sell weapons with few limitations."
C+ gun laws: "The government provides free weapons for people who can't protect their family otherwise."

L+ corporate: "All corporations are subsidiaries of the State."
L corporate: "The government has the right to override corporate decisions."
M corporate: "Corporations are monitored excessively."
C corporate: "The government can't interfere with corporate affairs unless law is explicitly broken."
C+ corporate: "Corporations are rewarded significantly for helping the economy."

L+ union laws: "Labor unions run the country and eliminate opponents ruthlessly."
L union laws: "Union representatives are immune to prosecution."
M union laws: "Labor unions have a little more freedom than other organizations."
C union laws: "Unions are treated fairly but given no special rights."
C+ union laws: "Labor unions are monitored to prevent illegal actions."

I still prefer LCS though. LCS laws are a lot more goofy... I sought the same effect with union laws though - treat them like a bloody secret society or something.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2010, 02:29:46 am »

I like what you did with the unions, but in all honesty most conservatives hate the unions.  In the mind of the conservative, Unions are associated with organized crime, communists, and elitists.  Unions are often blamed for our losing market share to other contries.  The decline of GM is often attributed to union activity, the accuracy of which I decline to comment.

Thus: C+: Unions are no longer allowed to limit the rights of workers and businesses.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2010, 03:19:29 am »

Not in disagreement with EuchreJack here, I would imagine at C+, the National Labor Relations Act and Norris–La Guardia Act would be repealed. At that point employers could:

- Threaten reprisals against union workers or offer inducements to non-union workers.
- Discriminate against or fire employees that join a union or advocate unionization.
- Discriminate against or fire employees that file charges or testify against them.
- Dominate a union so that the employer has significant influence over union activities.
- Refuse to negotiate with a union.
- Place anti-union clauses in employee contracts.

This comes from the fact that these are all special regulations that union members today take for granted, but are actually government interventions to encourage and protect union organizing. A C+ government would consider unions more harmful than productive, and would withdraw the government protections against employer crackdowns. This "natural order" for unions without government protection is that it is very scary to be a union organizer.

A C society would, at the very least, be right-to-work: contracts that require employers to fire employees that refuse to unionize would be illegal.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2010, 03:22:58 am »

I like what you did with the unions, but in all honesty most conservatives hate the unions.  In the mind of the conservative, Unions are associated with organized crime, communists, and elitists.  Unions are often blamed for our losing market share to other contries.  The decline of GM is often attributed to union activity, the accuracy of which I decline to comment.

Thus: C+: Unions are no longer allowed to limit the rights of workers and businesses.

That's a good one! Perhaps then move the old C union law to M, the old C+ law to C and have that one be the C+.

One more concerning nuclear power:
L+: Most electric devices are banned to prevent power shortages.
L: Nuclear power is restricted to research use.
M: Existing nuclear plants are allowed to operate but new ones can't be built.
C: Nuclear power is legal and regulated to prevent accidents.
C+: New nuclear technology is supported by the government, allowing safe and clean power for millions.

The LCS's nuclear plant could be replaced by a Biofuel plant. Stopping the generators there will make the people wish for more stable power. Of course, in L+ no one really notices the brownout since all power sources apart from solar and wind are banned, meaning no one's got enough electricity. If there's still a nuclear plant in the game, on C+ they should be renamed to "fusion plants".
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24:57 am »

L+ taxes: "The government is abandoning currency in favor of equal poverty."

L+: Most electric devices are banned to prevent power shortages.

I love these.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »

Yes; we C's and C+'s totally hate unions for the reasons described above, and more. The UAW isn't even the worst. Teachers unions and other public employees unions are even more destructive.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:42 am »

Or, how about when the Police Union strikes (yes, it has happened in real life)?  Gotta love that...(if you're a liberal crime squad member...)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:52 pm »

Yes; we C's and C+'s totally hate unions for the reasons described above, and more. The UAW isn't even the worst. Teachers unions and other public employees unions are even more destructive.
By Jah... I can agree to Teacher's Unions being worse then it is good for the education system.

My version of a Conservative viewpoint:

L+ union laws: "Labor unions are able to force unsound financial decisions upon businesses."
L union laws: "Union members are immune to prosecution and discipline for wrong doing."
M union laws: "Labor unions hold the power to stop business functions without prosecution or retaliation."
C union laws: "Unions can be negotiated with on equal footing."
C+ union laws: "Unions are no longer allowed to limit the rights of workers and businesses."

My reason for L is that it would be really hard to fire union members without going through a lot of crud... like discrimination and what-not...  In the Conservative viewpoint... its pretty much a shield that could amount to immunity.

L+ Unions by then, probably have enough power to force the business to hire even more people, or give bonuses/wage ups... even if its a really bad idea... 
Or further segregate jobs to little sections where 1 person pushes a button to open the warehouse door and the 2nd unloads product x off a truck and the 3rd moves product x into the warehouse and the 4th puts product x onto the shelves.
Sticking to job descriptions to say the least...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2010, 05:28:03 pm »

Er.
I come from Malaysia.

C++: Unions are considered illegal gatherings, and as such, any union gathering would be considered against the law, leading to everyone being arrested and beaten.

OK, I'm exagerating. But basically, in Malaysia, WE DON'T HAVE UNIONS. Because Unions are NOT ALLOWED TO EXIST.

You guys and your "unions are restricted" blah blah blah. Just follow real life examples. There are in fact many countries that are so conservative that Unions are basically non-existant. To us, C union laws: "Unions can be negotiated with on equal footing." is a huge joke. That is a C? hahahaha. To us, a union existing is a dream. Someone who tried to form a union would be put in jail for being a threat to national peace. (I'm serious... IIRC it has happened before)

So:
C+: Laws are in place to discourage unions being formed, protecting free trade.
L+: Labour unions regularly force companies to go out of business, due to ridiculous wages and employee benefits.

This is also Real Life example... look at General Motors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22