Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4456 4457 [4458] 4459 4460 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8858460 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66855 on: October 23, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »

Personally, I don't define "fun" as "things that can get me arrested and tried as an adult in a court of law."
This.
Then again I readily admit to being a stick in the mud.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66856 on: October 23, 2013, 03:24:51 pm »

Now, there ARE a few things I'd consider fun that could get me arrested, but pretty much all of them fall under "public indecency" laws.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66857 on: October 23, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »

Welp, I realized for the first time today the cool stuff I can't do anymore because I can be tried as an adult in a court of law.
Growing up sucks.

I haven't felt that way since I was 8 years old.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66858 on: October 23, 2013, 04:55:21 pm »

Don't worry Owlbread. Soon the People's Republic of Scotland will abolish all law and order, and you'll be able to shoot your great-great-great-grandfather's crossbow at Englishmen while high on PCP once again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66859 on: October 23, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

Don't worry Owlbread. Soon the People's Republic of Scotland will abolish all law and order, and you'll be able to shoot your great-great-great-grandfather's crossbow at Englishmen while high on PCP once again.

Can't Englishmen legally shoot any Scotsmen they see with a bow in one of the cities in northern Anglia already?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66860 on: October 23, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

Can't Englishmen legally shoot any Scotsmen they see with a bow in one of the cities in northern Anglia already?
Any Scotsmen? Even those of the fake variety?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66861 on: October 23, 2013, 05:06:08 pm »

I'm afraid not, they have to be Welsh and they absolutely must be carrying a bow. I wish we had a law like that.

I love it. I must strive to achieve this goal.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:08:00 pm by Owlbread »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #66862 on: October 23, 2013, 05:07:08 pm »

Yup. Can't quite remember where, but many odd bylaws remain here. I mean, it's illegal to put a stamp of the queen upside down, or to die in the houses of parliament. It's also illegal to carry corpses in London cab.
And in Scotland, it is illegal to be both drunk and leading a cow.
Oh, and it is specifically illegal to set off a nuke.

I'm afraid not, they have to be Welsh and they absolutely must be carrying a bow. I wish we had a law like that.
I could've sworn there was another clause about it being on a specific week day too.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66863 on: October 23, 2013, 05:10:43 pm »

Yup. Can't quite remember where, but many odd bylaws remain here. I mean, it's illegal to put a stamp of the queen upside down, or to die in the houses of parliament. It's also illegal to carry corpses in London cab.
Things aren't much better in the U.S, in Kansas pedestrians are supposed to wear tail lights. Naturally many of these stupid laws aren't enforced.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #66864 on: October 23, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

I WILL BE SAD WHEN THIS IS NO LONGER THE LAST POST!

AND NOW I AM SAD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:44:25 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66865 on: October 23, 2013, 05:18:59 pm »

I WILL BE SAD WHEN THIS IS NO LONGER THE LAST POST!
I enjoy causing sadness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66866 on: October 23, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

I could've sworn there was another clause about it being on a specific week day too.

I think it might have been Sunday. And putting the queen upside down is not just illegal, it's treason.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66867 on: October 23, 2013, 06:56:38 pm »

The Russian club at my university is trying to find a good color scheme for its T-Shirts. I suggested getting a bulk discount with Italian club but this proposal, alas, was tabled.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #66868 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

I felt a tingly feeling on my arm, so I instinctively swat at it after I had seen a mosquito flying around.

My arm started tingling more. I look to see what I swatted, and I had critically injured a teeny weeny little spiderbro, who was now having his teeny weeny tingly little death throes on my arm. He was now practically dying in my arms.

Spiderbro, noooooooo. I didn't know it was you! What have I done. D:
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66869 on: October 23, 2013, 07:48:15 pm »

Hey, going through a similar thing right now, though with no real romantic component - randomly met an old (like way back) classmate who just started studying philosophy here at their freshmen bar crawl, and subsequently invited her (via facebook) to a mathematician's party. Very soon afterwards, she posts (openly visible) that she will have internet access "only sporadically" and thus may take a long time to reply to stuff. WTF thread material, but just so you know - nobody's special, especially in this regard :3
I feel we speak from different platforms and perspectives. I appreciate your positivity, but it's usefulness is debatable to me.
I just need to block everything out right now so I can prepare for work with a clear head.
I feel you might be overestimating your current plight.
Not meaning any offense, I don't really know you, I'm just saying it's not a good idea to ignore potentially good advice.

Yeah, and I'm saying the difference between me and Helgoland is that I don't exist in a freshman prawl. I don't have old classmates I can speak with eye to eye. I've never been to a party once, let alone something as quaintly niche as a Mathematician's Party... I'm a 24 year old grown ass fucking virgin with a job that consists of 7 hours of sitting in a room by myself, then going home and spending the remaining 17 hours sitting in a room by myself. My recent adventures include spending a solid two days building up the guts to send a single text message, and then being almost brought to tears over the fact that she's not interested in talking to me at all. The only friends I have are the ones I can barely ever speak with online over Mumble, cause our mutual interests are slowly but surely inching away from eachother, and my night schedule means we're practically never awake at the same time.  It seems more and more that my daily life is just a desperate struggle with my mind to eek out the smallest motivation to do anything.

So I'm sorry if I feel like living life is the same as being trapped in an awful dream I can't wake up from.
This... made me sad today. My best wishes, hope stuff will work out for you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 4456 4457 [4458] 4459 4460 ... 8158