Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5711 5712 [5713] 5714 5715 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8857275 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85680 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »

:I

I'm not talkin' about Muslims or Arabs, I'm talkin' bout RacistFuck#4342's view of Muslims, which is "brown guy in a dress with a towel, hyuk!" or some awful descriptor like that. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85681 on: December 17, 2014, 12:26:50 am »

I had to buy Christmas gifts, even though I really shouldn't be spending money. But if I don't, I'll get in shit from everyone. Especially my nan. It would just reinforce her belief that I hate everyone, and that I'm a bad son/grandson/brother because I didn't spend money I don't have.

I haven't done much of anything all day, and I still feel drained. Just sitting here playing videogames feels like a slog. But I don't know what else I can do. Nothing interests me. I don't really care about anything. I just feel apathetic.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85682 on: December 17, 2014, 12:28:58 am »

The first dream I've had in a long, long time was a nightmare. And it wasn't anything cool, just about insecurities and accidentally angering the hell outta my parents.
v.v
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85683 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:52 am »

I had to buy Christmas gifts, even though I really shouldn't be spending money. But if I don't, I'll get in shit from everyone. Especially my nan. It would just reinforce her belief that I hate everyone, and that I'm a bad son/grandson/brother because I didn't spend money I don't have.

I haven't done much of anything all day, and I still feel drained. Just sitting here playing videogames feels like a slog. But I don't know what else I can do. Nothing interests me. I don't really care about anything. I just feel apathetic.
Homemade cards/presents? They show effort, which might make up for lack of expense. It might not help, given what her attitude sounds like, but worth a try maybe?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85684 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:31 am »

I've never given a handmade gift to someone, with the exception of school-related activities back in grade school. It's expected that I'll have some store-bought gifts, since that's been the norm before I was even ten. Though obviously I didn't pay for those early gifts.

Besides, I doubt I'd even be able to start making a card without getting frustrated and throwing it away, let alone finish one.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85685 on: December 17, 2014, 12:40:47 am »

She's also saying that my mom should be looking for a man, because women need men to take care of them. My mom has made it clear that after her last few relationships, she doesn't want to be with anybody for some time.
Obviously she's never met a strong, independent black woman who don't need no man.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85686 on: December 17, 2014, 03:59:02 am »

Haha.

I would give them heartfelt honestly for Christmas.

"You are all whiny cunts of questionable sanity."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85687 on: December 17, 2014, 07:25:19 am »

Forgot that Dark Souls' thing is about being difficult.

Plus all of the guides are full of 'how to succeed in pvp'.
I don't wanna know how to pvp in an outdated game, I wanna know how to kill freaking capri demon.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85688 on: December 17, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

Stupid school sports day, who thought having children stand in shorts under the rain and mud in one of the coldest winters they've had was a good idea?

Still can't wrap my head around your winters being as warm as our summers. I get that homeostasis acclimatises us to different temperatures, but... Seriously? :P

Mostly jealousy. There are blizzards here. o_o

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85689 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

Sad: came down with a bad sickness during exams week, it's getting worse. Now I can't go to the sleepover I had planned in a friend's house :c

Stupid school sports day, who thought having children stand in shorts under the rain and mud in one of the coldest winters they've had was a good idea?
Temperature and wetness has no effect on you being sick~

Hell, you're more likely to get sick from being INDOORS since you're around other people (who could have a latent infection) more. :D

But yeah, the only way to get infected is by being around other infected people. Hell, cold temperatures have an  effect to increase your immune system so you're less likely to get sick from being out in the cold. :V It's not like every rain-drop or something has a cold virus inside it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85690 on: December 17, 2014, 12:36:22 pm »

It's not like every rain-drop or something has a cold virus inside it.
Maybe that's what the NWO puts in the water. To make us compliant.

EDIT 4 real sad: Aavak getting falsely flagged on YT. Fun times.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:52:34 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #85691 on: December 17, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

My brother had a track and field event at -4 outside in shorts during a light snowstorm, so it could be worse I guess?
He was doing high jump and no one could clear the bar because they were too cold.

My sad, I didn't sleep at all last night because whenever I tried I had a panic attack and started hyperventilating and crying...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #85692 on: December 17, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »

Sad: came down with a bad sickness during exams week, it's getting worse. Now I can't go to the sleepover I had planned in a friend's house :c

Temperature and wetness has no effect on you being sick~

Hell, you're more likely to get sick from being INDOORS since you're around other people (who could have a latent infection) more. :D

But yeah, the only way to get infected is by being around other infected people. Hell, cold temperatures have an  effect to increase your immune system so you're less likely to get sick from being out in the cold. :V It's not like every rain-drop or something has a cold virus inside it.
I thought cold weakened the immune system?

Just being cold wont give you a cold. In fact it stimulates the immune system. Now being out in the cold to start ANY stage of hypothermia WILL give you a cold as that weakens your immune system. So the moment your core body temperature drops you become extremely likely to get a cold of some description.

Now the situation described? That's definitely leading to core temperature dropping a little. So it's safe to say that yes she got a cold from the stupid sports day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85693 on: December 17, 2014, 01:49:08 pm »

I think miserable people are more likely to catch flu.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85694 on: December 17, 2014, 01:50:28 pm »

Just being cold wont give you a cold. In fact it stimulates the immune system. Now being out in the cold to start ANY stage of hypothermia WILL give you a cold as that weakens your immune system. So the moment your core body temperature drops you become extremely likely to get a cold of some description.

Now the situation described? That's definitely leading to core temperature dropping a little. So it's safe to say that yes she got a cold from the stupid sports day.

I'm just amazed that people could even get hypothermia in temperatures that would give me sunburn. Does science work like this? I feel like an ice troll or something.
Pages: 1 ... 5711 5712 [5713] 5714 5715 ... 8158