Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698732 times)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2790 on: March 29, 2010, 04:31:21 am »

sorry i thought it was 0.1.3

anyway, it works but need some workaround - first therapist, then stonesense
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

KernelM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 29, 2010, 06:19:24 am »

Suggestion for StoneSense:

Replay of movies

so we can watch epic fortress stories or tutorial tips in beautiful enviroment

not possible.

movies only store the characters that are displayed. stonesense needs more information than that.

You can't playback DF movies but how about having the ability to record movies within Stonesense? That would be awsome.

Anyway, great work you guys are doing. This is defiantly my most favorite DF visualiser.  :D

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 29, 2010, 01:10:51 pm »

Will Stonesense ever be able to show mining designations? Preferably in their to-be-dug state, being able to differentiate between regular dig-designations and up/down-stair designations, for example. I feel like this might be a 'no,' but never hurts to ask.
It actually is possible and was possible from the start. Also, in the more recent versions of dfhack, you can make just about any kind of designation (unless it requires creating new objects that is).

In that case I'll rephrase: Will Stonesense ever make use of this DF Hack feature? Being able to view your fort as if it was dug before actually digging it based on the designations would be unreal, and switch me from a user who opens up Stonesense with DF paused just for screenies to a user who plays with both windows open simultaneously.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2793 on: March 29, 2010, 02:54:05 pm »

Will Stonesense ever be able to show mining designations? Preferably in their to-be-dug state, being able to differentiate between regular dig-designations and up/down-stair designations, for example. I feel like this might be a 'no,' but never hurts to ask.
It actually is possible and was possible from the start. Also, in the more recent versions of dfhack, you can make just about any kind of designation (unless it requires creating new objects that is).

In that case I'll rephrase: Will Stonesense ever make use of this DF Hack feature? Being able to view your fort as if it was dug before actually digging it based on the designations would be unreal, and switch me from a user who opens up Stonesense with DF paused just for screenies to a user who plays with both windows open simultaneously.
Showing designations should be just fine (similar to DF).
Designating things with the mouse in Dungeon Keeper style would be IMHO harder, because stonesense's input and hit-scan code isn't really prepared for that (it's a much harder problem than it seems to be and touches pretty much every part of stonesense ... maybe with the exception of rendering).
Showing the designations as if they were already 'completed' needs a LOT of data entry. Somebody has to determine how the tile types change when the designated job is done, how that affects the surroundings and all that for every type of designation. That's a lot of really boring work because there are a few hundred of tile types, and I expect those to both change and grow in number in DF 2010.

It's possible. Just don't hold your breath, because it might take quite some time. We'll have enough work with just making things compatible with the new DF release for a while.

1-Down Shroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 29, 2010, 09:31:04 pm »

How do I get items to show up on Stonesense?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:32:48 pm by 1-Down Shroom »
I will get you high.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

I really REALLY want to say [Alt]+[F4]... but no.

I believe it was only supported in an experimental build, and I never tested it. Is that one still around, guys?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:31 am »

I really REALLY want to say [Alt]+[F4]... but no.

I believe it was only supported in an experimental build, and I never tested it. Is that one still around, guys?
branches have a habit of not getting deleted, so yes, it's still there.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:23:12 am by Japa »

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 30, 2010, 07:37:19 am »

The item stuff is pretty close to ready to go, in and of itself, but it relies on a newer version of DFHack than is on the trunk. Once that update gets done, then items will likely follow shortly.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:51 am »

The item stuff is pretty close to ready to go, in and of itself, but it relies on a newer version of DFHack than is on the trunk. Once that update gets done, then items will likely follow shortly.

I'm not too sure that's a good idea, wouldn't attempting to display a couple of hundred thousand stones slow down Stonesence a little?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 30, 2010, 08:38:09 am »

I assume SS will do what DF does and just display the top item / item type at once. I recall reading something like that some innumerable pages ago.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:47 am »

It only scans a configurable number of objects per frame, keeping a cache of the 'topmost' item (which is the one displayed). So it isn't too much of a performance issue, unless you try hard to make it one.

I was also able to do some optimizations of the scan cycle so that it will load in new items in preference to scanning the existing ones. So that the battles get the ludicrous gibs they deserve, rather than anonymous objects that only later turn out to be goblin subsections.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: April 01, 2010, 03:00:48 am »

Is it currently possible to have a floor tile have a seperate image if it is on top of a pillar?(not a support, but the part of wall displayed as O) Or for any of the directional wall tiles?(╒, ╓, ╛, ╜, ╕, ╖, ╘, ╙, ╔, ╗, ╚, ╝, ╠, ╣, ╦, ╩, or ╬?) If not, I'd like to see this in future versions.

And may I request(If it is feasable) that anti Escher lines are only drawn on solids and not transparents? So in the case of say Beefmo's recent mockups, the lines don't float around off the side of the rocks; or in the case of of having trimmed corners, the lines dont suggest that nearby floortiles are part of the top.

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:47 pm »

I was bored and wanted to try my hand on trying some pixel stuff. Still a work in progress (thus the blurred jpg format also) but wanted to show it off a bit. Used the goblin from the newest stonesense package and some parts of graphics from here and there (like RantingRodent's dwarf graphics) so credits to those who made them originally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: April 02, 2010, 02:46:30 am »

Is it currently possible to have a floor tile have a seperate image if it is on top of a pillar?(not a support, but the part of wall displayed as O) Or for any of the directional wall tiles?(╒, ╓, ╛, ╜, ╕, ╖, ╘, ╙, ╔, ╗, ╚, ╝, ╠, ╣, ╦, ╩, or ╬?) If not, I'd like to see this in future versions.

And may I request(If it is feasable) that anti Escher lines are only drawn on solids and not transparents? So in the case of say Beefmo's recent mockups, the lines don't float around off the side of the rocks; or in the case of of having trimmed corners, the lines dont suggest that nearby floortiles are part of the top.

both are already in.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 02, 2010, 06:57:38 am »

both are already in.
I may have... misspoke when trying to explain the first question...
I meant to ask; Can a floor look different than another identical floor if the only difference is what the tile underneath contains?

If that is what you have already answered, how might I go about setting this up for floortiles above contructed walls?
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 379