Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696478 times)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2925 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:48 am »

as for my trouble connecting to DF, i got this Exception:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that characters are strange.
I tried 31.01 and also 31.03. I have 64 bit win7 CZ.
and bult from latest svn head trunk
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: April 23, 2010, 10:12:39 am »

it's probably the CZ, ans I have 64bit Win7 En, and it's fine.

are there any odd characters in the path?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2927 on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:22 am »

as for my trouble connecting to DF, i got this Exception:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that characters are strange.
I tried 31.01 and also 31.03. I have 64 bit win7 CZ.
and bult from latest svn head trunk
The application can't locate the Memory.xml file. Strange characters should be fixed in dfhack master (it was doing some nasty things).

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: April 23, 2010, 12:36:01 pm »

Oh my god, the snow piles are waist-high?  You guys have outdone yourselves.

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:55 pm »

Unless that is milk... :o

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: April 23, 2010, 12:53:41 pm »

Unless that is milk... :o

Or unknown substance... ;P
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: April 23, 2010, 01:17:03 pm »

I'll not ashamed to admit that turned me on just a little bit once I figured out what it was.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:49 pm »

So.. is this still being worked on, I hope? I very dearly want to use stonesense with my current fortresses, I love this utility, and have missed it dearly.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »

So.. is this still being worked on, I hope? I very dearly want to use stonesense with my current fortresses, I love this utility, and have missed it dearly.

As has been mentioned several times (including the last few posts), yes. Jonas has just mentioned that a new 0.31-prepped version will be out fairly soon as well.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: April 23, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »

This thread is like a dam, overflowing with anticipation...
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

HoKa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: April 23, 2010, 04:56:11 pm »

Is it me or is this mod too bright? There's something mysterious and absorbing about DF's black background, a kind of reminder you're in the darkest depths of the earth, that is completely lost in Stonesense. What's worse is that dwarves themselves are chibi when they're a rather Nordic concept to begin with. Seeing the little guys drawn like that doesn't remind me of stygian underworlds, nor of Boatmurdered's tragedy, but of Harvest Moon and jRPG infantilism.

The immersion is gone. A change in the art to a more serious direction would impact this mod tremendously.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 23, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

Is it me or is this mod too bright? There's something mysterious and absorbing about DF's black background, a kind of reminder you're in the darkest depths of the earth, that is completely lost in Stonesense. What's worse is that dwarves themselves are chibi when they're a rather Nordic concept to begin with. Seeing the little guys drawn like that doesn't remind me of stygian underworlds, nor of Boatmurdered's tragedy, but of Harvest Moon and jRPG infantilism.

The immersion is gone. A change in the art to a more serious direction would impact this mod tremendously.
I would be interested in another art style, but right now we have to take what we get.  I haven't dug deep, but are the tiles in this customizable?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: April 23, 2010, 05:07:01 pm »

Stonesense allows you to swap out tilesets.  Also, we've had this discussion about grimdark vs. cheerful several times in this thread already.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: April 24, 2010, 04:58:46 am »

I would be interested in another art style, but right now we have to take what we get.  I haven't dug deep, but are the tiles in this customizable?

Maybe a brightness/Gamma-correction option would be a temporary solution
but if you have sunshine-desert overground, it would look stupid again xD
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

elthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Photo[gallery]
« Reply #2939 on: April 24, 2010, 05:34:05 am »

Stonesense allows you to swap out tilesets.  Also, we've had this discussion about grimdark vs. cheerful several times in this thread already.

i bet when 0.31 version is already out and all the tiles and details needed in the current tileset are drawn there's not much os an obstacle for someone to start drawing another tileset in any style they prefer.

p.s. i'm not switching to 0.31 'til the new stonesence is out, having all the current bugs and mysteryes and NO bright warm stonesence images at the same time is too much. keep up the great work, guys!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 379