Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698723 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New version out, june 7th
« Reply #3330 on: June 13, 2010, 02:45:46 am »

I'm not gonna ask how you know that.

v -> i

Though I guess the behaviour doesn't hold up in 0.31 as group training is done, so sparring wrestlers don't throw each others' clothes all around anymore as wrestlers don't spar.

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 13, 2010, 12:07:11 pm »

SDL version of 31.06 (custom tileset and RAW if it makes any difference) and Stonesense RC2 from previous page + Memory.xml from Japa post
window XP

Starting the program, press F9 as requested and "Connecting to DF" is up for a second or two, then disappear and the stonesense window stay entirely black, the program seems frozen, can only kill it with CTRL+ALT+DEL

I'm having this problem as well.
my log file looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: after messing around with the init options a lot, I noticed that switching to directX fixed the problem, seemingly.
nevermind. :p

EDIT 2:
new question - is there a tutorial resource for assembling new workshops? I am using a mod that adds different furnaces, and I'd like to make them look nice, but the building files are confusing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:33:36 pm by Cult of the Raven »

Answerer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 13, 2010, 04:37:41 pm »

Hey guys!! My english is bad and i really need in help with my problem:
i run StoneSense, and It DOESNT render CREATURES, but it renders terrain, trees, bushes...
Please, help me.

p.s. Stonesense is amazing! Amazing like DF =)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 13, 2010, 04:56:36 pm »

Fortifications Redux:

Meant to be rendered directionally, so that the channel runs in the direction of intended firing. They also double as Arrow Slits (seen in the tower walls), and channels for fluids (might require some separate sprites, if we can retrieve Current Fluid Depth + Fortification in a given tile). Also, the 4-posts one is a temporary corner Fortification (I can't come up with a good way to represent this, and it looks ugly, so I rendered it with more aesthetically pleasing solid walls).

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3334 on: June 13, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »

Fortifications Redux:

Meant to be rendered directionally, so that the channel runs in the direction of intended firing. They also double as Arrow Slits (seen in the tower walls), and channels for fluids (might require some separate sprites, if we can retrieve Current Fluid Depth + Fortification in a given tile). Also, the 4-posts one is a temporary corner Fortification (I can't come up with a good way to represent this, and it looks ugly, so I rendered it with more aesthetically pleasing solid walls).
That looks awesome :D

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 13, 2010, 05:41:41 pm »

Reporting a minor bug: stockpiles are switched with zones in the .ini file. When I set it to show zones, it shows stockpiles and the other way around.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: June 13, 2010, 05:44:01 pm »

Also, the 4-posts one is a temporary corner Fortification (I can't come up with a good way to represent this, and it looks ugly, so I rendered it with more aesthetically pleasing solid walls).

How ugly?  Judging from the sprite, I think it'd look okay, but I guess it's hard to tell without a screenshot.

Anyway, the others definitely look great.  Kudos.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: June 14, 2010, 01:49:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

looks good.

just remember they should be light gray/white for the coloring to work properly.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3338 on: June 14, 2010, 03:34:52 am »

new question - is there a tutorial resource for assembling new workshops? I am using a mod that adds different furnaces, and I'd like to make them look nice, but the building files are confusing.

There are a few tutorials over at the DFwiki Stonesense page, but none for buildings yet.

If you look at the XMLs, some of the workshops are crazy complicated (which personally I don't like too much), combining several sprites to from one block of a workshop etc.

But if you look at the Still, I think that one is a bit simpler. It'll give you an idea of how stuff works. And you can always just ask me if there are any questions ;)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: June 14, 2010, 03:37:18 am »

actually, there's a problem.

stonesense does not currently support custom workshops.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3340 on: June 14, 2010, 03:41:18 am »

Aren't they like any other modded building?

Edit: Got it, thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:48:12 am by jonask84 »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 14, 2010, 03:47:44 am »

Aren't they like any other modded building?

All modded buildings are actually 'custom workshops'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:51 am »

How ugly?  Judging from the sprite, I think it'd look okay, but I guess it's hard to tell without a screenshot.

I'm guessing that it looks very much like an open tile, especially when upon the top of a wall.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3343 on: June 14, 2010, 11:04:44 am »

Wow, amazing...any hope of being able to combine it with the interface and play the game with these graphics?

The style is a little cartoony for me, not gritty enough, but who am I to complain?
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3344 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:49 am »

For the sake of discussion, would the current incarnation of Stonesense support Music or Ambient Sounds? Environmental Ambience might be a rather nice way of increasing immersion... perhaps Biome/Climate-specific music, or Surface vs. Underground ambience? Could thematic tunes cued by certain lines of text work? ("A Vile Force of Darkness" could cue an iteration of Siege Music, or "has been struck down" could cue the Willhelm Scream, etc.)

It's merely an idea, and I'd definitely say group discussion about what would best suit DF, and what is possible with Stonesense so far, should come before any plans to implement something like that. Even just a customizable playlist folder might be nice for folks, with some sample tunes thrown in by default, and which would cycle through or play at random. I'm not sure if Software-handled MIDI is considerably lighter-weight than MP3, but performance effects would be another consideration, for certain.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on implementing Music, Ambient Sound, or Sound Effects in Stonesense?

The style is a little cartoony for me, not gritty enough, but who am I to complain?

I rather like seeing cheerful little countryside Fortresses, filled with cartoonish, colorful graphics of dwarves... coupled with endless wars, unknowable horrors from the deeps, mining accidents, medical malpractice, and the stench of rotting dwarf-corpse wafting in from the mass graves right next to the stone stockpiles, which slowly drive the residents into a madness to rival that of the Elder Gods.

It's a beautiful little irony.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:40:43 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 379