Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698671 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3405 on: June 18, 2010, 06:38:43 am »

Japa, That blood screenshot has me drooling  :D  I WANT! lol
Agreed, that is awesome. Did you make a reaction to drop blood all over the place to test it?

actually, no. there's just a bunch of bleeding dwarves going about their work.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #3406 on: June 18, 2010, 06:56:18 am »

perhaps a smaller sister app should be created instead, if there appears to be a huge demand  for sound?

Indeed, that would be splendid thing.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3407 on: June 18, 2010, 07:35:09 am »

So I made a few sprites ...

Thanks Jordix! Those look great, I think we'll be adding those right away :)

I need HELP! This awesome sounding program is not working!
When I try to connect a black screen with "Connecting to DF" comes up and then nothing changes. It seems likes it's not connecting but I can't figure out why...

This keeps showing up as an issue (I need to type up an FAQ), nine out of ten times it's either that DF and Stonesense are not run as Administrator or that your DF version is the legacy version (that is not the SDL version). To test if you can connect to DF at all, try and download the dfHack tools and see if you can use those.

Good luck, we'll do our best to help :)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 18, 2010, 07:48:07 am »

All right, so I have a sort-of-odd-but-probably-easy-to-answer question here. Back in, I dunno, early March or so, ice in Stonesense looked like this. But now it looks like this - somewhat transparent, a little bluer in colour, and a bit... odd. I really, really miss the old look, and as I'm currently working on a project with a lot of ice I was wondering if I could get help replacing the old ice (I grabbed a copy of Granite, so I have it somewhere in there) with the current ice. I attempted to tackle this myself, and... well, failed miserably. I have no idea how any of this xml stuff works. I'm looking to replace both natural and constructed ice with the old-style ice I should add, as they used to be displayed the same. Some help would be hugely appreciated.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 18, 2010, 08:25:08 am »

Either jaguar or leopard can be all black/dark. I forget. And the cheetah doesn't need spots it can just be light tan color.

Other than that, great work.
Well, if you're going for something resembling authenticity, then the truth is with such a small surface to work on, the three are virtually indistinguishable. Jaguars are the bigger of the three with spots that kind of look like this (-), while the Leopard is the smallest with spots that look like this ( ). The Cheetah is sort of in between, a bit leaner and has even spots spread across the body.

My suggestion would be to leave the Jaguar as is, resize the Leopard to be a bit smaller, and then thin out the body of the Cheetah a little bit. Even without the changes it looks great.

WTB: Cougar sprite.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3410 on: June 18, 2010, 08:26:02 am »

I double checked... I ran DF in admin mode, I ran Stonesense in admin mode, I had my fort loaded up and on the screen, and I still get 'Stonesense has stopped working' immediately upon running the .exe

A blank window pops up titled 'Allegro' and then seconds after the 'Stonesense has stopped working' window pops up.

Does it have anything to do with where the DF and/or Stonesense folders are located on my computer?

Edit - I am using the most current DF (.6) and I have the SDL version, not legaacy
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:20:30 am by EBannion »
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 18, 2010, 08:36:21 am »

All right, so I have a sort-of-odd-but-probably-easy-to-answer question here. Back in, I dunno, early March or so, ice in Stonesense looked like this. But now it looks like this - somewhat transparent, a little bluer in colour, and a bit... odd. I really, really miss the old look, and as I'm currently working on a project with a lot of ice I was wondering if I could get help replacing the old ice (I grabbed a copy of Granite, so I have it somewhere in there) with the current ice. I attempted to tackle this myself, and... well, failed miserably. I have no idea how any of this xml stuff works. I'm looking to replace both natural and constructed ice with the old-style ice I should add, as they used to be displayed the same. Some help would be hugely appreciated.
Maybe transparency needs an off switch! :p
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #3412 on: June 18, 2010, 08:52:55 am »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 18, 2010, 09:19:40 am »

just replace that part of the PNG file with the old sprite.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 18, 2010, 10:26:54 am »

These are the files I use, same .xml
Has more solid looking glass and ice, but you can still see through a little.

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 18, 2010, 10:46:41 am »

Either jaguar or leopard can be all black/dark. I forget. And the cheetah doesn't need spots it can just be light tan color.

Other than that, great work.
Well, if you're going for something resembling authenticity, then the truth is with such a small surface to work on, the three are virtually indistinguishable. Jaguars are the bigger of the three with spots that kind of look like this (-), while the Leopard is the smallest with spots that look like this ( ). The Cheetah is sort of in between, a bit leaner and has even spots spread across the body.

My suggestion would be to leave the Jaguar as is, resize the Leopard to be a bit smaller, and then thin out the body of the Cheetah a little bit. Even without the changes it looks great.

WTB: Cougar sprite.

I was thinking cheetahs were smaller, with leopards being the middle ground. Well, the only difference is their size, so it's just a matter of assigning the correct sprite to each one. I also changed the skin tones a bit, as suggested, and added a cougar while I was at it (just removed the spots from the leopard, actually).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The generic colors are enough for me, color variants are too much trouble. if anyone else wants to add them, go ahead.

Also, that blood looks amazing. The corridors of my fortress shall run red. Blood for the blood god!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 18, 2010, 11:06:31 am »

actually, as it turns out, pattern colors aren't supported anyways, so no biggie.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 18, 2010, 11:09:14 am »

These are the files I use, same .xml
Has more solid looking glass and ice, but you can still see through a little.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, okay! That's actually really handy, thanks. I'm still looking a the completely-opaque version, but this lets me know what I should end up with.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 379