Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698805 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4770 on: March 03, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »

Yeah, creatures work with .19, but not .18. Finding the creature offsets is a lot of work, and the guy who does them didn't want to waste his time with an older version.

you can easily load your old fort in .19, and it'll work fine.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: March 04, 2011, 12:20:13 am »

Yeah, creatures work with .19, but not .18. Finding the creature offsets is a lot of work, and the guy who does them didn't want to waste his time with an older version.

you can easily load your old fort in .19, and it'll work fine.

A waste of time, you say? IMO, that is backwards thinking.
I posted my reasoning here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: March 04, 2011, 12:40:34 am »

You can copy your save to .19, load it, and view it. you won't get the new grasses, but you'll be able to view the fort just fine otherwise.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: March 04, 2011, 01:41:59 am »

I understood that part.

I'm just saying that some of us are so off-put by the bugs and other aspects of .19 that we refuse to migrate our games to .19, deciding to wait until .20 or later (which should be coming very soon). Besides, migrating a .18 save over to .19 will not allow us to enjoy the new creatures and features. So why bother?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: March 04, 2011, 01:46:01 am »

No one said this wasn't buggy.  Stonesense isn't working quite up to speed, but enjoy what you've got, yeah?

Also, download .19, copy your save, run it, view it, close it, go back to .18.  It's not ideal, but, you use what you've got and you stop complaining, like a real dwarf should.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: March 04, 2011, 01:58:30 am »

We're always glad to give a full refund.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: March 04, 2011, 10:00:28 am »

The nerve of some people...  ::)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: March 04, 2011, 10:13:17 am »

In a hurry to change the subject I have an odd little possible bug to report.  Although it could simply be my settings I suppose.

In version .19 Stonesense appears very dark, except in locations that contain stockpiles (which are normal brightness)  the day/night cycle is off, show stockpiles and show zones are both off.  Any thoughts?

Spoiler: example image (click to show/hide)

The image has debug mode on showing an aboveground outside area.  The two lit areas are a refuse stockpile(left) and plant/seeds stockpile(right).
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: March 04, 2011, 10:20:25 am »

which version is this?

there was, at one point, a version up that did that, but the latest one shouldn't.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: March 04, 2011, 10:26:52 am »

That could explain that.  This was the version from a little while ago that was a link to the .exe by itself.  I'm afraid I can't find a version number. (956 Kb size .exe if that helps.)  But your explanation sounds about right.

Pardon the ignorance but is the link in the first post still to the newest version?  And if not where do I locate it? I have been having difficulty keeping up lately.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: March 04, 2011, 10:36:13 am »

You can get individual files from here:

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk

just keep in mind that getting the exe from there will likely result in needing to get the dfhack.dll and memory.xml, and possible also the allegro dlls.

just a disclaimer, though, the files there are in a state of flux, and change often as I try new features. at any given time, things may behave oddly, or crash outright.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:08 am »

Thanks.  Keep up the good work Japa.

*group-hug*

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »

Hi,

Given that this thread is now 320 pages long, would it be feasible to separate it? There used to be a thread just for screenshots, but it seems to have died. Before I necro it, does this sound like a good idea? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48172.0

I imagine it might make things easier to find with embedded links. No?
Tech support questions
Images
Software, (versions and links to wiki)
Suggestions
Other?

Just a thought,
Truean
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4783 on: March 04, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »

Alright, I did all the ores! And the bugs are out of the granite/diorite/gabbro :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But I haven't done the ramps for these yet...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2

I think that perhaps the thread should be renewed somehow, mostly because I imagine it's very hard for people to find information in this thread.

Also, I totally didn't know about that screenshot thread >_> I think it's a good idea to necro that one...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:47 pm »

Alright, I did all the ores! And the bugs are out of the granite/diorite/gabbro :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But I haven't done the ramps for these yet...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2

I think that perhaps the thread should be renewed somehow, mostly because I imagine it's very hard for people to find information in this thread.

Also, I totally didn't know about that screenshot thread >_> I think it's a good idea to necro that one...

Nice Job.

Agreed, though I don't feel I would act unilaterally on this. Perhaps an organizational threading is in order. Regardless, I'm sure all will agree the necroing of the image thread can only help.

Is OP still around?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 379