Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698729 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1635 on: November 30, 2009, 11:48:34 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 30, 2009, 12:02:06 pm »

If someone wanted to work nearly FOREVER on a future visualiser they could make each bodypart of each creature individually (with visual injuries) so you can see how injured someone is by looking at them. That would be awsome [but it won't happen :"( ]. Heck even equipment could be visualised using that method.

Of course it would take forever, and is currently impossible, and would only be worth doing when DF nears completion
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:13:57 pm by Neonivek »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 30, 2009, 12:12:25 pm »

Also, magmamen!

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

7¢ Nickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 30, 2009, 12:53:34 pm »

Little more work on the humans.  I gotta figure out what to do after this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 30, 2009, 12:59:40 pm »

Is there a reason that Baby is about to Kung Fu his Afro Brother?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 30, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »

Haha, I think the baby's meant to be sitting on the ground with his legs sticking out.

DorfDorfingdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 30, 2009, 01:55:20 pm »

Gods, this thread is awesome.  I've only a few comments:

- Holy hell, you're actually Mike Mayday! /praise!
- For people contributing, this would look a lot more cohesive and, by proxy, a lot more professional, if everyone would strive to have the "same" isometric angle.  Other than that, man, great artwork here.
- The magma man art NEEDS to look more like the lava beasts from Mighty Max. Honestly. I mean... great art work, but come on, you owe it to yourself.
- I'd like to add that this is going to be AWESOME once the new version is out with it's random creatures that are an amalgam of man and beast.
<quote>... the first migration gets conscripted to the "Quarry Security Force" which will be known as QuiSF because I like the name AND I MAKE THE RULES AROUND HERE!</quote>

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 30, 2009, 01:58:49 pm »

- I'd like to add that this is going to be AWESOME once the new version is out with it's random creatures that are an amalgam of man and beast.

I hate to say it, but it's going to be awesomely broken.  There won't be any good graphics for DF's randomized creatures for a very long time.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 30, 2009, 05:24:04 pm »

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 30, 2009, 06:32:40 pm »

We'll need an isometric icon of a big brown paper bag with a smiley written on it (in isometric perspective) with a bunch of legs/tentacles/etc coming out from underneath, as a generic icon for the 'horrors' in the next version.

LN
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 30, 2009, 06:34:59 pm »

- For people contributing, this would look a lot more cohesive and, by proxy, a lot more professional, if everyone would strive to have the "same" isometric angle.  Other than that, man, great artwork here.

Someone else mentioned up there, a lot of what we have now looks like a normal DF graphics pack, not an isometric set. It isn't even isometric, it's side view. This is mostly because in isometric you mostly see the top of things, but that can be worked around.

Look at how much detail Super Mario RPG packs into a slightly under a 32x32 space:

I think we should steal some tricks from them.

Small bodies, big hands and feet, little or no arms and legs.
Big heads, compared to their bodies, but the faces are only like 5x5 areas. The hats are far bigger, and much more recognizable.

Every profession group (crafter, miner, farmer, etc.) can have a colored uniform, and every sub-profession (engraver, metalsmith, herbalist, etc.) a unique hat.
~ T

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 30, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »

Someone else mentioned up there, a lot of what we have now looks like a normal DF graphics pack, not an isometric set. It isn't even isometric, it's side view. This is mostly because in isometric you mostly see the top of things, but that can be worked around.

Look at how much detail Super Mario RPG packs into a slightly under a 32x32 space:

I think we should steal some tricks from them.

Small bodies, big hands and feet, little or no arms and legs.
Big heads, compared to their bodies, but the faces are only like 5x5 areas. The hats are far bigger, and much more recognizable.

Every profession group (crafter, miner, farmer, etc.) can have a colored uniform, and every sub-profession (engraver, metalsmith, herbalist, etc.) a unique hat.

While terrific, those sprites look too large to fit into the unit-cube to me.  Further, I think issues will arise in trying to make the Dwarves at 3/4ths the height of a human.  I too recognise that the majority of these sprites are not isometric, so I offer this little guy as a template:

a Dwarf-ified version can simply reduce the legs/torso to a reasonable height.  It wouldn't take much to mock up a few of the current humans/dwarves with the Tactics Ogre soldier as a base.  The color/hat scheme still works for him, plus he has walking animations and proper facing too, without breaking SS's current style.  What does the SS populace say?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 30, 2009, 08:18:19 pm »

What does the SS populace say?

Apperently "DON'T LEECH iMAGES DON'T LEECH iMAGES," heh. Might want to save and re-upload your image somewhere.

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:13 pm »

Here he is.  Thanks Retro for pointing that out...it looks fine on my end :/

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 30, 2009, 08:49:27 pm »