Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585254 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #2415 on: March 16, 2011, 05:35:54 am »

While I do agree with book here, I don't like the way he delivers the message.
a) I'm glad you agree; b) You must be mistaking me for someone who gives a fuck.
I don't give  a fuck either. But you don't see me being that agressive do you.

Whatever.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2416 on: March 16, 2011, 05:38:20 am »

I am surprised no one has done it yet so let me start it
off, I vote for Book.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: March 16, 2011, 06:08:19 am »

I would presently prefer you not leave. You're a good player, the LurkerTracker is one of the best things that has happened for this board, and I agree that lurking kills games. But if you cannot conduct yourself with a basic respect for the other members of this board as people and demonstrate the politeness appropriate to other human beings, I will (as per your challenge) vote for you to leave, because I don't think someone who will continue to introduce as much sheer malice as you have belongs here.
I don't understand your point here. You know I tell shit like it is, in and out of games. You know I'm not shy about voicing my opinions. I care about people's feelings as much as I care about, say, their religion or some other personal thing:

Quote from: H.L.Mencken
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

I care about what they say, if they back it up. I care about their feelings, as long as they have a thick enough skin to hear objections. I'm not here to cuddle anyone. I try not to hurt people (and I've pulled back when I thought my comments were hurtful), but I don't go out of my way to cuddle them. Does anyone need more cuddling? Maybe you should go hang out at one of the several "I need a hug" threads on the General Discussion forum instead of here...

Since we're taling about "community": Some of us are more prone than others to post about our personal lives. Some are more reserved. We know about Pandar's midterms, or Ottofar's battles with nature and electricity, but we don't dig too deep unless invited; do you know whether Org has a significant other and what it's characteristics are? Or Dariush or Tolyk or MBP's gender, age, location, job? How old was Dakarian, his profession or home city? Anything about him/her other than a cat? No, we don't and we like it that way, that's how it's supposed to be. We enjoy each other's company, whoever and however we are, virtues and defects, and some more than others, without my having to exchange my curriculum vitae for yours, and we build a community just with that. This is a great thing, which should be promoted and cherished. We ask nothing of each other, but the ability to play this game to completion, and toleration (or even enjoyment) of each other's company. That's it. And that's great. This is not your dating site, your therapy session, your pastor or confessor, or the "life advice" section. Play well, be witty and smart, share some activities, and we're fine. What else are you asking of people?
Ironically, wuba and Vector know more about me than anyone else here, precisely because in my early days I unknowingly tried to cuddle her feelings too much by corresponding to her anomalous exhibitionism...

Vector gets tired of your bullshit and you decide to call out other people so you have more people to argue with (or troll, as it were)? I mean, seriously?
I'm calling out the two people (Jim and You) who were extremely fast to jump in and say "I agree with all she said!!" to put your money where your mouth is. Why? How? What? Where?

You may call it trolling, in the sense that I'm inciting people to post objections, but they said they had them, and I know them to be articulate and capable of more than a "me too", so either put up or shut up. It sounds to me like someone "above reproach" like Vector chastised someone with whom you disagreed, and you were quick with the reply button but not with the brain. Or maybe not: prove me wrong:

Jim Fucking Groovester: You said my post on BMXXI was disgraceful and undermined your intentions: how so? Pandar: you said "The subforum has, frankly, come dangerously close to death in the past and I don't want to see it collapse because we can't attract new players." How am I precluding that, and do you make a distinction between "new players" and "new active players"? How many newbies signing up for BMs and leaving in a week do you need? Am I giving any messages other than "DON'T LURK" (and maybe "grow a thick skin")?

This thread is not the "troll other players" thread, it's the Games Threshold Discussion and List, for useful discussion about games and whether they're going into signups [...]
For good or ill, this is the "talk about the Mafia subforum" thread. Or is there a better one? Or shouldn't we talk about the subforum? Because this is the very thread where the old fogies were talking about how dead it was back when I joined, and how iSketch was a great thing, and how someone was taking some classes or exams or whatever... I thought this was the place where we could talk about what games we would or would not join for whatever reasons... Is there a better thread, or is your point "don't talk about it"?

tl;dr: I will accept your politeness or your absence, but would prefer the former.
You know the link. If now or later you'd prefer my absence, I challenge you to challenge me for it. I will respond, and will act in accordance to an honourable challenge once we select an impartial arbiter. Like last time. If the sub-forum wants me gone, I will be gone. The lurkertracker source is posted and others have it, they can continue to happen without me.

Once again: Jim and Pandar: I am who I am, and I'll continue to be it. I call shit as I see shit and name it shit. I hate lurkers, because they kill games, so I post trackers and call them out at every opportunity. Lurkers killed the one game I tried to run (VM5). I fucking hate lurkers. What is it you want? For me to stop hating them? (no way); stop telling them I hate them? (only in certain contexts); stop saying I won't join their gaimes? (no, fuck you and them); cuddle their fragile sensitivities with a hug and a kiss? (only if they're really hot and really close); want me to be "nicer"? (I'm as nice as I'm going to be); want me gone? (say so on the other thread, and I will)... Or say: what the fuck is your point?
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: March 16, 2011, 06:15:50 am »

Their point is for you to stop being a dick, I think.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:12 am »

Book is as Book does. I am what I am, and it is what it is. There's no stopping or changing. There's only acceptance or rejection.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2420 on: March 16, 2011, 06:39:23 am »

I've muted Book for 3 days for acting like a jerk.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 16, 2011, 06:42:53 am »

I'm not asking you to not hate lurkers, Book, I'm asking you to do so in a civil way and not to bring that shit into other threads. Keeping objections to lurking in their appropriate locations is not that difficult to do. I may harass Org for his behavior every game we play together but I don't go beyond good-natured ribbing outside of it and I don't start shit in other threads over it.

PPE: Or that. That works, too. I guess I'll need a replacement for him in WWYDT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 16, 2011, 07:04:07 am »

For the next three days? Kind of a tall order, don't you think?

I mean, who's gonna wanna replace into a game for just three days?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ñ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 16, 2011, 08:04:22 am »

I think Book shouldn't have posted that one last trivial reply to Person's shallow comment. The longer one would have been a better farewell comment for posterity. Oh well. It is, as they say, what it is.

In any case, if you haven't been following the news: Toady One has cast the final deciding vote: he doesn't want me to talk, and I don't know how not to talk, so I go talk elsewhere. I stand by my contributions and post history as being productive and insightful, and to the winners go to write the history books. The source code for the LurkerTracker remains on the thread, and I think Arg and JTF have copies. I still have the real-time-fetching upgrade to do (it's mostly working now). If I happen to have forum access when I complete it, I may post it, if people want it.

...Oh well. We had fun. I kinda knew it was time to go when I lost my first game ever as scum (VM6). At least I was never lynched outside of a BM.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:03 am »

Err...

Book, I actually think your post in BMXXI wasn't too bad. Just remove the stuff where you're trying to be humiliating, since there ARE players that should be humiliated, and those newbies hardly qualify. You can yell at them, sure, because they did, in fact, lurk at the end, but they were playing before that end, so there's no need.

Which is to say the last line might want to be tweaked. Really, that's about it. And a couple of things said here.

I mean, this little argument here was kinda stupid, but that's another topic entirely that I'd rather not get started.

People, he got right to the point in the post (in BM): Lurking is a major game-killer. Don't lurk! You signed up for a game that you said you would complete, and if you weren't able to complete it, then you are obliged to tell the moderator. One person told me that they weren't able to finish the game, and I felt that was very mature, but one person simply stopped posting, didn't reply to my PM, and didn't warn me. That is a major problem, and also constitutes a major rule violation that I'll probably update in May or something.

I think Book shouldn't have posted that one last trivial reply to Person's shallow comment. The longer one would have been a better farewell comment for posterity. Oh well. It is, as they say, what it is.

In any case, if you haven't been following the news: Toady One has cast the final deciding vote: he doesn't want me to talk, and I don't know how not to talk, so I go talk elsewhere. I stand by my contributions and post history as being productive and insightful, and to the winners go to write the history books. The source code for the LurkerTracker remains on the thread, and I think Arg and JTF have copies. I still have the real-time-fetching upgrade to do (it's mostly working now). If I happen to have forum access when I complete it, I may post it, if people want it.

...Oh well. We had fun. I kinda knew it was time to go when I lost my first game ever as scum (VM6). At least I was never lynched outside of a BM.
You should probably stop. If you want to fight about it, come back in three days, when you're likely NOT to be banned because you will be arguing respectably then. Nobody wants you to leave. Toady One is doing his job.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:07 am »

Sorry to go off (on?) topic, but...

So, BYORs is up next, unless I have more people wanting a different game (Such as Vector calling for a Color Mafia or some such jazz.)

Anyone care to vote?

Speaking of voting, we haven't had a Vote Mafia in a while.

Spoiler: Other crap (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:24 am »

Hi. Uh...
 ???
Spoiler: Off Topic (click to show/hide)
On topic: is there still any interest for my and akhier's game? We kinda need practice ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 16, 2011, 09:32:47 am »

Yeah, it got weird.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:45 am »

Sooo, that's 1 for Vote Mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: March 16, 2011, 12:21:44 pm »

Sheesh. I'm gone from this place for one day and guys erupt in drama. I hate it when Toady gets called into my threads. :(

Anyway, Tolyk, do you have a thread for the game yet? So far all I've seen is "We wanna run a game, and it's mostly vanilla. Anyone want to join?" which I think is why no one is talking about joining it. It's not enough information.

I'd say start a thread on it, post all of the rules for it and what the general flavor is going to be, and let us know (and link to it). Then people can look it over and you can get an idea for how interested people are and if not what they're not interested in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 443