Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Slavery enhancer 4*pi 1.8 ver  (Read 11734 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Slavery enhancer 4*pi 1.8 ver
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen have you ever wanted to enslave those nasty elves. Or put goblins to work? Maybe build some sentient golems that will do the work? Well NOW YOU CAN!

By using "Slavery enhancer 4*pi" your useless minor races will work for you. Run the program while DF is running and voila.

Buy yours today! (price: 3copper coins)
Also now from version 1.2: Civ Changer! Ever embarked to a town and thought: "It would be nice to play as a human for a while"? Now you can! To use first apply slavery, then run again choose 'c' for civ change and change your civ to what you want.
Download here: <(^^)>
Update: Using black magic and some dwarven technology we have this: v1.6 with races.txt file. By using experimental mode (which is more stable AFAK) you can type in witch races are to be affected.

Brought to you by warmist industries.

PS: goblins, elves, or golems not included.

For the serious people: this little program is a util that hack df into allowing non your main species labour. For example i play as a dwarf fort so this allows humans to also do the dwarf jobs. Highly experimental. Use at your own risk! Also you will need your own way of getting those creatures.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:04:19 pm by darius »

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery enchancer 4*pi
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »

Can we have a better description of what exactly it does, please? Also, you typod the thread title.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:24 pm »

Will this allow my army of guard bears to finish building my bear labrynth?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:07:57 pm »

PS: I know you have the description in the DFFD link, but it would be good to have it here.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:09:10 pm »

Does it work for other 40d# versions?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:28:07 pm »

Darius, I love you for how crazy you are.
never change. ;D
edit: I actually cant seem to get this working correctly. I probably just have the wrong tags sent, might I ask for a working example darius?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:39:40 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 12:04:07 am »

To my knowledge as testing it no... im currently downloading V.40d16 now (thought I had it but nope, was wondering why Spellcraft wasn't working)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45:09 am »

sorry for being a bit unspecific. It was already half past five so when i got it working thought maybe someone will want to see this :D. Testing needed.
Can we have a better description of what exactly it does, please? Also, you typod the thread title.
Done the first part, can you tell me whats exact mistake in second part (non native and spellchecker says ok)?

Will this allow my army of guard bears to finish building my bear labrynth?
No no no... Thats crazy! bears are animals. (you would probably need to add some tag to them... sentient, or similar, maybe grasp if they don't have one)
It works only on 40d16. Why would you want to use other (older more bugged) version?

As for example: I have 28 dwarves and 1 human. The human is now very active and runs around digging, smoothing walls, and working in the workshops. Also military works as workshop profiles. Side-effect your pets now have no-job instead of tame.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:50:12 am by darius »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 06:50:19 am »

Ladies and gentlemen have you ever wanted to enslave those nasty elves. Or put goblins to work? Maybe build some sentient golems that will do the work? Well NOW YOU CAN!

By using Slavery enhancer 4*pi your useless minor races will work for you. Run the program while DF is running and voila.

Buy yours today! (price: 3copper coins)

Download here: <(^^)>

Brought to you by warmist industries.

PS: goblins, elves, or golems not included.

For the serious people: this little program is a util that hack df into allowing non your main species labour. For example i play as a dwarf fort so this allows humans to also do the dwarf jobs. Highly experimental. Use at your own risk! Also you will need your own way of getting those creatures.

This'll do with some playtesting. If it's stable, I may have to remove my crossbows in favor of mind control rays, and make some 0 damage metal bolts encrusted with certain runes.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 07:40:08 am »

Done the first part, can you tell me whats exact mistake in second part (non native and spellchecker says ok)?

enchancer -> enhancer

ditch the first 'c'.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery enhancer 4*pi
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:10:51 am »

Fact of the day: gremlins do not mine.... (i suspect that picks are too big?) yet can work other jobs (e.g mason) oh and the maker of item makes it for his race. (gremlins making cute little cat robes? :) ) and the stability sucks... :/

Edit: uploaded new version. Link in first post. Stability increased (well not crashing anymore). Although there are some annoying things (tamed creatures not showing TAME in creature list, cats trying to clean and shouting they're too injured, zooming to kitten birth with report "cat gave birth to a boy") but i think this is as good as it is.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:59:32 am by darius »

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:14 pm »

Another remarkable piece of code Darius! :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:12:18 pm »

so this takes over other creatures that are happen to be on the play area like a siege or a band of traders? (don't have 40d16{have 40d though} and fears it like vista and 7) but I find what you do fascinating.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:20:04 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:28:30 pm »

so this takes over other creatures that are happen to be on the play area like a siege or a band of traders? (don't have 40d16 and fears it like vista and 7)
No not exactly. It allows taken over creatures (well smarter ones) to do jobs. If you somehow manage to acquire such creature then he does all the things dwarves do.

As for what makes gremlins smart and dogs not have no idea. Tried [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_SPEAK], [CAN_LEARN], maybe didn't do a full object folder wipe, that's why it didn't work...  Anyway in vanilla DF only creature that you could use as work force is gremlins as they can be caught and tamed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 01:21:33 pm »

this makes captured foes tamable? didn't DC had something like this where you can class someone tamable?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4