Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 66575 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »

(Laughing madly, flaying goblins with a spoon)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »

(Cackling madly, observing construction of magmacannon death ray)
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2010, 05:23:46 pm »

(Not laughing in any way while anxiously waiting for DFNewb to post updates)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2010, 08:58:12 pm »

Anyone want to tell me what Arg batman! and those other alerts do?
Done spring almost done summer.
I have the Spring report almost written up but the Rogue Survivor game is distracting...
Also running the newest .05 version of the game

Please ignore the badly cropped images I will fix that with the next update

==============================================================================================

Log by "DFNewb" Kunendok, Current Leader of Cavebrands, also known as the "Hunter"

Early Spring

This place is a mess, just looking around at all the junk and the blood everywhere, in my year of being the Overseer I am going to have some changes done here.

Just looking around I see some oddities, such as caged Dralthas, blood everywhere and the underground caves. First thing, changing how our workers are doing, and of course a Grand Bedroom for Myself.

Hey a dwarf has gone insane! He has grabbed a Craft-dwarfs workshop and started mumbling around while getting materials.

Also I am going to be making some more bedrooms for future dwarfs who will live here:

And the dwarf finished his Artifact:

Worth: 49200 Dwarf monies

==========================================================================

Mid-Spring

Immigrants!

A baby! A dwarf just gave birth!

The population sure is growing and the new dwarfs are quickly joining the regular routine, 18 hour work days with no pay and mushrooms and wine to drink!

====================================================================

Late-Spring

Just reorganizing, new bedrooms are starting to get built, my room is getting along nicely, getting some more wood for my plans for more beds, and fixing up the front gate. (Are goblins building destroyers in this version?)

End of Spring report:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:39:39 pm by DFNewb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2010, 07:31:19 pm »

Early summer:

Current Outside:

Also I found a dwarf stuck somewhere on the mountain side. He got there by walling himself in. I always feel good seeing how stupid some dwarfs can be :D

Here are some work orders I would want to be finished before my term as Overseer is done:

And future plans for the public sleeping quarters:

Basically just more beds.

OHHHHHH SHIIIIIIII......

That, my friends is a scorpion made out of rock, not only that but it has poison. I have never fought a forgotten beast before but I heard some nasty things about poison and syndromes.
Luckily it is stuck underground and blocked off because of the walls in the way.

hmmm, it seems to be having fun throwing around some dogs that seem to be trapped down in the underground.

Also note the current location of the Scorpion, a few tiles Southeast are filled with dog corpses.

Whats this! The batman are killing the scorpion. What is makes it even better is that it right next to the corpse of the other forgotten beast.

The beast has slain the batman, this does not look good. Since I got here I have been training some axe-dwarfs... maybe it should be time to test them...

End of log. Date:

Still pretty uneventful except that scorpion thing. It is very damaged, with most things at red and the rest at yellow and is just stuck down in the underground. I am getting tired so more updates tommorow.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »

Nice work on the bedrooms! Could you perhaps write a list of what you need to do and post that for the next player?
Have you found out any good advice about the new version (e.g. "microcline is now the most valuable ore in the world, get as much as possible", "this menu is really hard to navigate, here's how", "spam whip/axe/whateverdwarves")?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:47 pm »

Nice work on the bedrooms! Could you perhaps write a list of what you need to do and post that for the next player?
Have you found out any good advice about the new version (e.g. "microcline is now the most valuable ore in the world, get as much as possible", "this menu is really hard to navigate, here's how", "spam whip/axe/whateverdwarves")?

TO DO:
- Explore cave
 - ???
 -Profit!

- Get a stable magma connection and build some magma forges
 - dig the magma tunnel
 - Make the forges
 - ???
 - Profit!

That sort of thing?

Also no real advice so far...

The rest of summer will be up tomorrow and maybe even Fall depending on how I'm feeling.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:37 pm »

Yeah, thanks!

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2010, 10:15:15 pm »

I'm just wondering, have you guys got around to utilizing the barracks i planned out for exploring the new HFS? Was it even complete?
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:19 am »

Ahem... No. It was not completed. The first thing I did during my term was cancel all dig orders and undesignate the massive areas of planned excavation that were tying up our few able bodied workers.

But speaking of Magma... we do have a Magma forge and several Magma smelters and even a glass works, etc. They're just hard to find. They're even not that far off the central stairway leading into the depths... just go down really far.

And no, the goblins are not building destroyers. I dismantled the bridge myself rather than figure out which lever operated it and which lever flooded the fortress. Wasn't much of a problem for me, though it does make ambushes a little interesting. Hence why I built traps in front of our entrance.

Oh, and keep in mind that technically that scorpion can path into our fortress since it wasn't walled in. The section of the underground where the dogs were has a staircase that pops out on the surface inside the secondary walls but outside the main enclosure. Which is the second reason I didn't bother putting up a gate on the outside walls. It's the inside walls we should defend. Still, those batmen rock! Taking on not one but two forgotten beasts... wow.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2010, 11:28:16 am »

I dismantled the bridge myself rather than figure out which lever operated it and which lever flooded the fortress. Wasn't much of a problem for me, though it does make ambushes a little interesting. Hence why I built traps in front of our entrance.
I made sure the lever that operated the bridge also flooded the fortress.
Also, I made sure to make it a raising bridge. not the indestructible variety. Because I love screwing you over.

Edit: Why is there a table in the "THE GAME" graffiti.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

Scorpion: ..hunger... blood... flesh...
*swarm of batmen appears*
Batmen: We are vengeance. We are the night.
Scorpion: Shiiiiiiii-

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2010, 03:40:33 pm »

Did any of the batmen survive?

Also, out of curiosity, who's wearing the adamantine armor?.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2010, 06:14:22 pm »

Did any of the batmen survive?

Also, out of curiosity, who's wearing the adamantine armor?.

All the Batman are dead, also I did not know we had adamantine, I am going to start playing right now and let you know.

Ahem... No. It was not completed. The first thing I did during my term was cancel all dig orders and undesignate the massive areas of planned excavation that were tying up our few able bodied workers.

But speaking of Magma... we do have a Magma forge and several Magma smelters and even a glass works, etc. They're just hard to find. They're even not that far off the central stairway leading into the depths... just go down really far.

And no, the goblins are not building destroyers. I dismantled the bridge myself rather than figure out which lever operated it and which lever flooded the fortress. Wasn't much of a problem for me, though it does make ambushes a little interesting. Hence why I built traps in front of our entrance.

Oh, and keep in mind that technically that scorpion can path into our fortress since it wasn't walled in. The section of the underground where the dogs were has a staircase that pops out on the surface inside the secondary walls but outside the main enclosure. Which is the second reason I didn't bother putting up a gate on the outside walls. It's the inside walls we should defend. Still, those batmen rock! Taking on not one but two forgotten beasts... wow.

Still looking for the magma forges, and the fortress seems to be walled off but I will double check.

Found the magma forges with some repeat orders, the armour is still there also anyone want to teach me how to use the new military screen? I can't seem to get the dwarfs to do what I want them to do.

I'm just wondering, have you guys got around to utilizing the barracks i planned out for exploring the new HFS? Was it even complete?

I think I am using it, is it the one with the armour stand setting it as the training room? Also where is this new HFS?

Also if anyone wants a dwarf or anything just say so.
Also I can't seem to get the dwarfs to train, if anyone wants to shed some light on this, that would be good because I plan on fighting the forgotten beast with dwarven steel.

============================================================================================

While I was looking around I found a very injured dwarf

I don't think he was injured when I first took control of this place but he seems to be stabilized now.

wait wah...

THATS OVER 9000!!@!1112 1 1 1 eleven12 2!!!!@#$@!!!   

is it supposed to be like that? I haven't played DF for a while but I don't think I remenber that...

=================================================================================

FUCK

FUCK

EDIT: Update is coming in a bit, Urist the militia Captain has the admanitine armour but I am thinking of giving it to my only active military dwarf.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:13:15 pm by DFNewb »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »

wait wah...

THATS OVER 9000!!@!1112 1 1 1 eleven12 2!!!!@#$@!!!   

is it supposed to be like that? I haven't played DF for a while but I don't think I remenber that...

This information comes from someone who has researched and played the new version many times.
Spoiler: Eplaining the 15000 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38