Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391921 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2010, 10:28:23 pm »

I really needed this, now it's a matter of time before RuneSmith starts workin' :D

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #556 on: November 18, 2010, 10:31:08 pm »

Just released 0.5.1. All the basic tools work on Windows.
Next step is to make the other tools work too (stonesense,etc.) and get the Linux support where it should be instead of trailing a few versions behind...
I really needed this, now it's a matter of time before RuneSmith starts workin' :D
You're fast. Also, 4:30 AM :P

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2010, 10:33:04 pm »

Now I can go back to revealing my sites and seeing awesome stuff, hooray!

I know I shouldn't rely on this so much, but it helps. A lot.
I wonder if the Hellhole hack or whatever will work with the new DFHack, even if that thing hasn't been updated...

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 18, 2010, 10:35:50 pm »

I wonder if the Hellhole hack or whatever will work with the new DFHack, even if that thing hasn't been updated...
I was considering looking into that, as having revealed my new map, I found that I have no adamantine tubes on my current map  >:(

I thought there was supposed to be one tube in every 2x2 area on the local embark screen! My 3x3 map should be guarunteed at least one!  :'(
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 18, 2010, 10:54:16 pm »

Next step is to make the other tools work too (stonesense,etc.) and get the Linux support where it should be instead of trailing a few versions behind...

no way, it's 9:52 PM here (CST)
And, we need a program that disables bogeymen or modifies the skill points you get in adventure mode, so your demigod lvl character can be a REAL demigod! Praise be to the Son of Armok!

edit:
I was considering looking into that, as having revealed my new map, I found that I have no adamantine tubes on my current map  >:(

I thought there was supposed to be one tube in every 2x2 area on the local embark screen! My 3x3 map should be guarunteed at least one!  :'(

A tube is guranteed in every grid of the local map (Every square has the chance of one, but the entire grid HAS to produce at least one)

Almost forgot, does 0.5.1 cover 0.31.17 as well (haven't updated yet ;) )
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:56:25 pm by magistrate101 »

Selklubber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 19, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

I just downloaded this and I can't find dfXvdig! Do I need to get it from somewhere else?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 19, 2010, 06:10:51 am »

no way, it's 9:52 PM here (CST)
And, we need a program that disables bogeymen or modifies the skill points you get in adventure mode, so your demigod lvl character can be a REAL demigod! Praise be to the Son of Armok!

edit:

A tube is guranteed in every grid of the local map (Every square has the chance of one, but the entire grid HAS to produce at least one)

Almost forgot, does 0.5.1 cover 0.31.17 as well (haven't updated yet ;) )
if you check DffD the updated tweak grants you the power to dig holes which causes the bogeymen to vanish due to you are somehow not outside, and DFusion adventurer swap will allow you to swap to a underground dweller long enough for the bogeymen to vanish and give you enough time to leave the site. tweak you might need to rename dwarf fortress to dwarfort for it to work but I haven't had trouble with bogeymen since.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:15:30 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #562 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:22 am »

I just downloaded this and I can't find dfXvdig! Do I need to get it from somewhere else?
Right. forgot that.
Make a file called dfxvdig.bat and put this in:
Code: [Select]
dfvdig.exe -x
That should do the trick.

Selklubber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:25 pm »

Thanks, it worked!  :)

Falc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:38 am »

Minor bug report: dfreveal shows me I have a few z-levels of nice fluxy marble, but dfprospector claims I have no marble at all...

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2010, 08:59:03 am »

Minor bug report: dfreveal shows me I have a few z-levels of nice fluxy marble, but dfprospector claims I have no marble at all...

More then likely the marble is a stone layer, or some such. Prospector doesn't tell you the stone counts of layers.

Falc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2010, 11:15:47 am »

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.
Actually prospector has some parameters.
'-a' -- show hidden
'-b' -- show base layers
On windows, I enable the 'show hidden' parameter so that it prints something reasonable when you just double-click the icon. Giving it the '-b' will make it print the layer stone too. For example create "layerprospector.bat" and put this in:
dfprospector.exe -bNow that I think about it, I'll put all kinds of .bat files for running stuff in different modes into the next release... possibly integrate this with the build system too, so it doesn't get 'forgotten' again ~_~

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #568 on: November 20, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

An option for dfcleanmap to remove "water" contaminants would be nice, specifically because they're otherwise never cleaned up (they happen most often when milking creatures using buckets that were left around with water in them).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Falc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 20, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »

Actually prospector has some parameters.
'-a' -- show hidden
'-b' -- show base layers
On windows, I enable the 'show hidden' parameter so that it prints something reasonable when you just double-click the icon. Giving it the '-b' will make it print the layer stone too. For example create "layerprospector.bat" and put this in:
dfprospector.exe -bNow that I think about it, I'll put all kinds of .bat files for running stuff in different modes into the next release... possibly integrate this with the build system too, so it doesn't get 'forgotten' again ~_~

Might I perhaps suggest also allowing '-h' which would then print all possible parameters?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:24:27 pm by Falc »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108