Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391913 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #690 on: February 19, 2011, 09:54:47 pm »

properly dwarven then

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #691 on: February 20, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.2
« Reply #692 on: February 21, 2011, 04:47:11 am »

Alright guys, 0.5.2 is available now. Creature and material offsets required for the advanced stonesense features aren't there yet, but all the tools in the dfhack package should work.

Some notable changes: inclusion of the memory search tool, bugfixes and dfcleanmap clearing broken arrows (suggested by Cubittus).

Enjoy! :D

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 21, 2011, 04:59:38 am »

I realize that there is a lot of interest in and attention on 31.19 right now. And I don't mean to sound ungrateful. But in all the excitement, perhaps my earlier post was missed?

I do appreciate the effort that goes into DFHack. And it sounds like that the recent concentration on automating the offset hunting process might pay off soon.

But I have to ask: Can we still expect to see more than "preliminary support" for DF 31.18 on Windows eventually?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 21, 2011, 05:03:39 am »

0.5.1 works fine with 31.18, afaik.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 21, 2011, 09:24:20 am »

0.5.1 works very well for me on 31.18 yes.

Thank you very much for the update! One problem, though: trying to use any of the exes gives me an error that says MSVCP100.dll was not found.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:41:37 am by Korva »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 21, 2011, 09:50:54 am »

Thank you very much for the update! One problem, though: trying to use any of the exes gives me an error that says MSVCP100.dll was not found.
ditto same problem as well.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:47 am »

Alright guys, 0.5.2 is available now. Creature and material offsets required for the advanced stonesense features aren't there yet, but all the tools in the dfhack package should work.

Great job, thank you.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #698 on: February 21, 2011, 10:56:45 am »

Yep, I moved to a newer compiler. Get the MSVC 10 redistributable from Microsoft.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 21, 2011, 11:43:41 am »

sweet thanks now I can find the offsets for creatures and maybe find a way to trigger Webbing.
edit: uhh do any one know a good tutorial on reading and using Hex memory searches?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:57:08 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ST753M

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:59 pm »

I guess this means I won't be able to use DFHack from now on.  Back to digging exploratory tunnels to find things.  :(

The MSVC 10 thing requires me to get an administrator to download it.  Also, I REALLY don't like the requirement of downloading something just to be able to run something else.  Is there any way for me to get around needing to have it?

Camden1990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 21, 2011, 12:52:15 pm »

I guess this means I won't be able to use DFHack from now on.  Back to digging exploratory tunnels to find things.  :(

The MSVC 10 thing requires me to get an administrator to download it.  Also, I REALLY don't like the requirement of downloading something just to be able to run something else.  Is there any way for me to get around needing to have it?

I wouldn't worry about it, its from the MS website and its only around 5mb, so security and size shouldn't really be too much of an issue, and it is from a reliable poster. If it requires that .dll file to run, well, there isn't really much you can do about it as far as I am aware?

In other news thanks for the update! Now I can find an embark with, you know, actual metal!

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 21, 2011, 02:33:19 pm »

I think this DLL is included in DF, in which case you can just make a copy of the one in the DF directory into the dfhack one.

Given it's a redistributable file, it should also be OK to include it right in the dfhack distribution too.  Though I have not looked at the licensing so don't just take my word on it.

Ultimately, Toady should perhaps put the file in the shared DLL directory -- when version 1 has a true installer.  For now it's not costing much to have separate files in each program that uses it.

ST753M

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »

I think this DLL is included in DF, in which case you can just make a copy of the one in the DF directory into the dfhack one.

Thank you!  This seems to work well.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

0.5.1 works fine with 31.18, afaik.

You are referring to the tools in DFHack 0.5.1 working fine with 31.18. What I am talking about are the missing 31.18 offsets in 0.5.1 that, as far as I can tell, are still missing in 0.5.2.

I've tried using the new 0.5.2 Memory.xml file with Stonesense and DF 31.18. But while Stonesense does run, it's still as glitchy as before. Creatures do not show up, nor do my dwarves or their names. And all objects and furniture are still missing. (And, yes, this is a memory offset issue.)

Version 0.5.1 was released two days after 31.18 came out:
Just released 0.5.1. All the basic tools work on Windows.
Next step is to make the other tools work too (stonesense,etc.) and get the Linux support where it should be instead of trailing a few versions behind...

I remember rather clearly because I was first introduced to DF about the same time 31.18 was released and I was hoping these tools (Runesmith & Stonesense) would get updated with 31.18 support before 31.19 got released. These and other mods cite the lack of full 31.18 support in DFHack as the reason development was halted 3 months ago.

Anyway, my question was about this:
Creature and material offsets required for the advanced stonesense features aren't there yet...

From this, one might imply that these are either being worked on or are planned for in the near future. But will this only be the creature and material offsets for 31.19? Or will this also / instead be the ones still missing from 31.18?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108