Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391899 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: DFHack 0.5.4
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »

Ahhh, dang. Oh well, thanks!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:04 pm »

I've been thinking about using pieces of dfreveal to keep things hidden during mode switches. I'll experiment with it later, but I'd like to turn dfmode into a slightly more intelligent tool that does its best to keep DF from messing up.

yeah, that might work...  and you can recover your dwarves using runesmith, i just did it, just removed the flag "is resident"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

DFMODE? so this means Succession forts will never be the same? also does this work with .19? edit wait so this means Hermit adventure forts will work.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:58:47 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »

yeah, that might work...  and you can recover your dwarves using runesmith, i just did it, just removed the flag "is resident"

Excellent, thanks for that info.

wait so this means Hermit adventure forts will work.

If you mean taking an adventurer to fortress mode, then unfortunately, this doesn't work. You can only take arena mode, and therefore adventure mode, into fortress mode if you're currently within the bounds of your (still alive) fortress embark. If you're not, the game just crashes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 10, 2011, 12:30:30 am »

Excellent, thanks for that info.

wait so this means Hermit adventure forts will work.

If you mean taking an adventurer to fortress mode, then unfortunately, this doesn't work. You can only take arena mode, and therefore adventure mode, into fortress mode if you're currently within the bounds of your (still alive) fortress embark. If you're not, the game just crashes.
so if we can only go back to fort mode if it's not dead. darn looks like rembarking still has to be done... also whats the Kitten mode do?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GJM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:06 am »

Hi, I'm trying to get this running (just Reveal and prospector mostly) on Linux, but I seem to be having some trouble. I've got the file downloaded and extracted, but I'm a bit lost as to where I go from here. I tried just compiling the files in toos/supported, but got the error
fatal error: DFHack.h: no such file or directory.

I'm quite new to linux so some of this higher stuff confuses the hell out of me -any help appreciated.
First, read the COMPILE file and try to follow the instructions there. Ask questions if that fails :)
Anyway, the latest supported (=map tools run) DF version on linux is 31.19.

Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions there, but when I typed cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release I got these errors:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:18 (message):
  In-source builds are not allowed.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:41 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "library" which is not an existing directory.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:44 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "tools/supported" which is not an existing
  directory.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here  :-[
Especially as tools/supported is definitely in there.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #861 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:19 am »

Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions there, but when I typed cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release I got these errors:

You're not doing this from the build folder. The file says it very clearly:
Code: [Select]
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
make
This is enforced because running cmake from the dfhack root folder would mix the build system with the source code... which is rather ugly. So. The '..' part is important.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:11:38 am by peterix »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:15 am »

also whats the Kitten mode do?

You tell me ;) I have no idea, we haven't figured out what the kittens modes are yet.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:32 am »

I think that's a hidden mode where Toady logs into your machine when he's bored and makes the cat's breed to insane numbers, makes them sit DIRECTLY where you need to build a wall, then buffs them and makes them kill invaders they have no right to kill.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

GJM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:32 am »

You're not doing this from the build folder. The file says it very clearly:
Code: [Select]
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
make
This is enforced because running cmake from the dfhack root folder would mix the build system with the source code... which is rather ugly. So. The '..' part is important.

woops, don't know how I missed that. Up an running now though, thanks for the help.

baaleze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 10, 2011, 10:11:18 am »

Helloooo
Ah ah ah. I was writing my first post here about an error I got when trying to compile probe.cpp on linux. I was getting a link error. And I found the solution just before clicking the "Post" button. But I'm posting it anyway, so if anyone has the same error, at least he won't be looking for the solution for 1 hour, like I did (maybe I'm just stupid).
It was caused by the fact that I was compiling without the option : -ldfhack
I thought the library was used automatically, and even when I tried the -l option, it was with libdfhack or libdfhack.so... I hope it'll be useful for someone (maybe you could put a note about "dontforgetthedamnoption" in COMPILE, a friend of mine tried and he forgot the option too).

Anyway, I'm stupid but I'm also grateful to you who made this library. Thanks!  :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 10, 2011, 10:37:59 am »

Kitten mode is clearly a mode where it takes your current mode and simulates scamps sleeping on your keyboard.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 10, 2011, 01:52:24 pm »

I am extremely interested in the dfmode tool and it's interaction with other tools. Can anyone who experiments with it post their results here? Also here's hoping for more future development, this sounds very exciting.

And thanks to those who've already posted about it.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 10, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »

I am extremely interested in the dfmode tool and it's interaction with other tools. Can anyone who experiments with it post their results here? Also here's hoping for more future development, this sounds very exciting.

And thanks to those who've already posted about it.
crossposting from DFusion thread:
Tried traveling from one fort site to other ( embark, abandon, embark again, arena mode, assume control, adventurer mode, travel, arena mode-assumed, leave creature, fort mode) at first it worked ok but after some time suddenly it exited to the main menu without any warning...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 10, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »

i never tried to save my game while swaped into adventurer, anybody did? did it cause anything funny?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108