Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391929 times)

name

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1395 on: May 21, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

Anyone have a guess to why the latest version of DF Hack is not opening. Downloaded, unzipped fine. When I double click on one the the tools, a small screen flickers into existence for a short time, then nothing. Am using Vista
It sounds like it's opening a command line window to run in and closing it when the program exits (either because it has gone wrong or because it has finished). To see any text it's producing, try running it from the command line: start->run->cmd. (See this link for the basic commands "cd" and "dir". When at the appropriate folder, simply type the filename of the tool to run it). It should output some relevent text to the window, which will stay open.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:43:30 pm by name »

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 21, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »

Name, thanks for the effort.It did not work, but your help was appreciated
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 22, 2011, 12:04:38 am »

Anyone have a guess to why the latest version of DF Hack is not opening. Downloaded, unzipped fine. When I double click on one the the tools, a small screen flickers into existence for a short time, then nothing. Am using Vista

Perhaps your anti-virus program is at fault? The reason I suggest this is because the last few pages of the Lazy Newb Pack thread contain reports of confused users who can't get LNP to download and/or install. It turns out that various anti-virus apps have very recently gotten aggressive in their hatred of memory editing tools like dfhack:
My Anti-virus pops up saying there is some viruses, is this just a flop or should I be worried?
yes, they are false positives.
It's due to DFhack tools being memory editing tools, so some antiviruses think they're viruses.
...after a couple hours of confusion it became apparent that the reason the pack was not downloading is because kaspersky *really* doesn't like DFhacks.
turning web antivirus off for a little while let me download the file correctly, but kaspersky still freaked out and deleted a bunch of files from the DFhacks folder.

Perhaps your anti-virus is intercepting DFhack before it can run?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 22, 2011, 05:06:09 am »

Can anyone give me a basic talk through how to use DF mode? I'm having problems getting combos that work... I just want to go from adventurer to arena to then go into a companion. Possible?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 22, 2011, 09:33:59 am »

Can you essentially move your embark by switching to adventurer mode? If you switch back and forth, how do you know what area you'll end up with? [is curious]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 22, 2011, 09:45:17 am »

I didn't think of that! Science!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

name

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 22, 2011, 09:58:28 am »

Name, thanks for the effort.It did not work, but your help was appreciated
Generally, the key to solving these things is the question determining how it failed. There's normally either error output to the terminal or a log somewhere (e.g. antivirus log). Though I'm sure it won't be long before they make it impossible to run non-commercial software anyway.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 22, 2011, 10:52:56 am »

Can anyone give me a basic talk through how to use DF mode? I'm having problems getting combos that work... I just want to go from adventurer to arena to then go into a companion. Possible?
uhh you could, but doing so stops you from saving the game. If you unpause in Arena mode you'll cause every one to be mark independent and be hostile towards one and another make the companion or your adventurer to flip out and murder the other. Your better off using Dfusion for swapping over to a companion.

Can you essentially move your embark by switching to adventurer mode? If you switch back and forth, how do you know what area you'll end up with? [is curious]
Crazy question by moving embark you mean moving the site area which then leads to the question could you access the same menu where you could choose where to embark again using DFmode and do so that you can edit the other forts?
so far what I know is how to save into a mode
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:48 pm »

Crazy question by moving embark you mean moving the site area which then leads to the question could you access the same menu where you could choose where to embark again using DFmode and do so that you can edit the other forts?
so far what I know is how to save into a mode
[/quote]

Kinda. I mean you switch from Fortress Mode to Adventurer Mode, then move around as an Adventurer to a different location. Then, you go back to Fortress Mode. See what I'm saying? When you switch from adventurer mode back to fort mode, how does the program know what the boundaries of the area are for fort mode?

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1404 on: May 22, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »

Kinda. I mean you switch from Fortress Mode to Adventurer Mode, then move around as an Adventurer to a different location. Then, you go back to Fortress Mode. See what I'm saying? When you switch from adventurer mode back to fort mode, how does the program know what the boundaries of the area are for fort mode?
It doesn't. There is no local site. I haven't tried this in a while, but I'd say it crashes :)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 22, 2011, 02:18:25 pm »

It doesn't. There is no local site. I haven't tried this in a while, but I'd say it crashes :)

Hum, interesting. So you can go from fort mode to adventurer mode but not back again then? :)

Please don't quote me.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1406 on: May 22, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

Hum, interesting. So you can go from fort mode to adventurer mode but not back again then? :)
I guess if you are careful and return to the same site, it could work. It's like pulling random levers in the fortress control room...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 22, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

so far places you can go into fort mode as an adventurer.
the recent embark: okay and safe given you remove the is resident tag and get the civ number right(may need Runesmith to help on that part)
old fortress: will kick you out if spend too long in fort mode but okay for a few in game days.
ANY WHERE: no won't work if you see in the save file where the name of the fort be "SITE" then the game will auto abandon and kill your character if you unpause.
using Dfusion to change the site to a players fort then playing that: should work but needs testing and someone interested in having someone test this.
the game does know the boundaries of the recent embark but only the recent embark and you can go interchange fort mode and adventure mode by saving into the game.

you could also retire a fort by playing as a dead character... or killing the playable character and ending the game while on site.
now I believe there more to this than blood sacrifice though killing one self and ending the game in adventure mode will bypass the abandon and will convert a fortress into a mountain home where the dwarves are free to talk about surroundings and allow the player to retire in the fortress.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1408 on: May 22, 2011, 03:27:46 pm »

uhh you could, but doing so stops you from saving the game.

I found offsets for the boolean flag that controls saving (for SDL versions 0.31.18 and up) a while back, but it seems nobody noticed. :P

Maybe I should pimp out my avatar with, like, flames or explosions or something.

In other news, the unk1 bit of BlockFlags seems to control whether temperature effects (water freezing/boiling, grass/items/dwarves catching on fire, etc.) are calculated for that block.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1409 on: May 22, 2011, 03:49:20 pm »

uhh you could, but doing so stops you from saving the game.

I found offsets for the boolean flag that controls saving (for SDL versions 0.31.18 and up) a while back, but it seems nobody noticed. :P

Maybe I should pimp out my avatar with, like, flames or explosions or something.

In other news, the unk1 bit of BlockFlags seems to control whether temperature effects (water freezing/boiling, grass/items/dwarves catching on fire, etc.) are calculated for that block.
The block flags structure is actually a lot different than previously thought. It's a variable length bit array. I would've used the STL bitset, or just plain structs. Toady rolled his own... and it's far from ideal. Still, it's broken enough to know how many bits are in the bit field precisely :)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108