Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391905 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1440 on: June 02, 2011, 06:55:49 pm »

so would using the object claim removal utility would free up friendly butchered bodies so creatures can use them?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »

I have a question about dfcleanowned:
The readme says it:
Removes the ownership flag from items.
By default, owned food on the floor and rotten items are confistacted and dumped.
Also,
-d            a dry run. combine with other options to see what will happen without it actually happening.

I tried dfcleanowned with the -d options and it reported "Found total of 6275 items." Since I only used -d by itself, I assum the dry run was for the default setting of "owned food on the floor and rotten items". However, this is a fairly new fort and I doubt that there could possibly be over 6 thousand rotten items and owned food on the floor... Am I misunderstanding something?

Also, a question about dfgrow:
Makes all saplings present on the map grow into trees (almost) instantly.
I assume that this makes all saplings on the entire map (i.e., all z-levels - even in caverns) grow into trees (or treecaps), correct? If so, perhaps it could be given an option so that it will only affect all saplings on a given z-level (or, perhaps, just what's visible on the game screen)?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:32:53 pm by Thundercraft »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »

Since folks are suggesting utilities how bout a cleanmap that only cleans tiles a variable distance from the cursor?  Like when Dwarves won't clean the buzzard blood scattered all over your surface fort but don't wanna get rid of that lovely 5 page long list of goblin and troll blood in front of your front gate.

Place the cursor near a bloodstatter you want cleaned, run Minicleanmap.exe -4 and all contaminants within 4 tiles of your cursor on that z level vanish!  Would be handy for controlled mud removal too, to clean up after that one little meeting hall waterfall mishap from 5 years ago without de-mudifying the caverns.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1443 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:36 pm »

Now, thanks to dfprobe, I've found that these impassable 3/7 files are in fact "flow forbid". It mus be a bug, because normally water level 3/7 should be passable.

I think the forbid flag is meant to be somewhat "sticky" to stop dwarves from trying to path through areas that are likely to pop back up to 4/7 while they're halfway through (not that it seems to help much); if it's been hanging around that long, I'd guess it's probably not unset unless the water drops to 2/7 or less.

You could try using Tile Edit to clear the flags manually (though it's called "has liquid" there). I'll see about adding a thingy to do that automatically in the next release of dfmarmot.

If so, perhaps it could be given an option so that it will only affect all saplings on a given z-level (or, perhaps, just what's visible on the game screen)?

You can already use dfmarmot to selectively change saplings into trees (though it doesn't set the plant's internal age counter like dfgrow does); just use the f operation set.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:23 am »

Where can I find Dfreveal?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:19 pm »

Now, thanks to dfprobe, I've found that these impassable 3/7 files are in fact "flow forbid". It mus be a bug, because normally water level 3/7 should be passable.

I think the forbid flag is meant to be somewhat "sticky" to stop dwarves from trying to path through areas that are likely to pop back up to 4/7 while they're halfway through (not that it seems to help much); if it's been hanging around that long, I'd guess it's probably not unset unless the water drops to 2/7 or less.

You could try using Tile Edit to clear the flags manually (though it's called "has liquid" there). I'll see about adding a thingy to do that automatically in the next release of dfmarmot.

Seems reasonable, though it probably isn't working reliably in all cases. Maybe "stagnant water" flag is also sticky, because I was unable to make non-stagnant wells, despite having them more than 3 z-levels deep. Stagnant tiles remain stagnant. I let it be for the moment  - I was unable to run Tile Edit with the current version of DF.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57:51 pm »

Download the tools release linked in the first post in the thread. Extract it somewhere.  Make sure that DF is running and your game is up. I like to run the programs from the command line, but you can also run them by double-clicking on them.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

enjia2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 04, 2011, 06:49:54 pm »

You can download lazy newb pack and run it. In the utilities tab you can find all the dfhack tools.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 05, 2011, 08:28:33 am »

Seems reasonable, though it probably isn't working reliably in all cases. Maybe "stagnant water" flag is also sticky, because I was unable to make non-stagnant wells, despite having them more than 3 z-levels deep. Stagnant tiles remain stagnant. I let it be for the moment  - I was unable to run Tile Edit with the current version of DF.

Some findings from my code reverse-engineering results some time ago:
1) flow_forbid for water is only immediately changed if the level is <3 or >3. There may be some other code that clears it for 3 after a time-out, or maybe not.
2) Stagnancy always spreads to neighboring tiles, like saltiness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 05, 2011, 08:43:51 am »

That explains why my river is all stagnant despite full flow.  It intersects through a murky pool.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SecretAgentTripleZero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 06, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »

I'm wondering...would it be possible, in DFliquids, to replace the (o)bsidian option with another stone?
I think it would be, and I'd probably do it myself, except I'm not really sure what I would change it with, what I should change, or what I would change it to...
...IS this even possible? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be, but then again I'm not exactly a fully-fledged programmer(as in, I just randomly absorbed some information about programming, and can somewhat read what some programs do, given the code, and I know that it is possible in some cases that replacing certain values with certain others (as in replace the value for obsidian wall w/ adamantine wall) can produce a desired effect).
...and for the record, what were the undocumented commands "starruby" and "darkhide" originally going to do, anyway?
(No, I didn't discover them myself, someone else posted them.)
...why are you reading my signature?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »

I'm wondering...would it be possible, in DFliquids, to replace the (o)bsidian option with another stone?
I think it would be, and I'd probably do it myself, except I'm not really sure what I would change it with, what I should change, or what I would change it to...
...IS this even possible? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be, but then again I'm not exactly a fully-fledged programmer(as in, I just randomly absorbed some information about programming, and can somewhat read what some programs do, given the code, and I know that it is possible in some cases that replacing certain values with certain others (as in replace the value for obsidian wall w/ adamantine wall) can produce a desired effect).
...and for the record, what were the undocumented commands "starruby" and "darkhide" originally going to do, anyway?

I actually asked this before when I requested the range function. From what I understand it's possible but not a priority currently. It would take a fairly large amount of time to get all the offsets for the various types of stone as well as soils. Then you'd have to figure out a way to select which material you'd be putting in.... Otherwise you could totally make your own map and have it composed of just about anything.

[drools]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »

I actually asked this before when I requested the range function. From what I understand it's possible but not a priority currently. It would take a fairly large amount of time to get all the offsets for the various types of stone as well as soils. Then you'd have to figure out a way to select which material you'd be putting in.... Otherwise you could totally make your own map and have it composed of just about anything.

[drools]
It's harder than that. Only obsidian can be explicitly spawned. Everything else has to be part of a vein or layer. You can turn stuff into stone, but not select the stone yet. dftiletypes allows it (brush material to stone, brush shape to wall).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »

andux you said you found the file to bring back saving any news on finding out adventure retiring?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1454 on: June 08, 2011, 12:43:02 am »

andux you said you found the file to bring back saving any news on finding out adventure retiring?

I haven't found what controls retiring yet; there doesn't seem to be a global "can retire" flag, so I suspect it's something in the creature data (maybe a site membership field that needs to be cleared?).
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108