Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366073 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

oh bringing back the dead well we are missing the regenerating limbs/healing damages that dc had and even then Lazarusing some bloke who died from broken limbs might end up to having a reanimated just their legs. this is in zombie flag and we can't control them in that state in runesmith. not even with slavery enhancer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:41 am »

To be honest I'm not sure. My original aim was just to write an app like DC that was compatible with the new versions. While it still has a few of DC's abilities missing (mainly mood related things), I think I'm doing fairly well on that front so far.
Actually, DC didn't even have a fully functional mood system. As in, you couldn't induce them and have them work. You had to wait, or press the instamood button and hope you got what you wanted. Also, when i mentioned Dtil and Tweak, they both have very useful map editing tools(creating magma/river sources, clearing/creating mud, etc.) which have yet to be remade for 31.10.

So in short (TL;DR) I'll keep adding various things when I get time and I'll try and keep it updated. Sorting is the current/next thing I'm doing, then after that I'll probably go back to mood editing which is pretty much done, It just needs testing. I think it would be good if some people with a bit of free time and experience were willing to put together a short guide on what the various flags can be used for (which could also lead to better names for them in RS) as you lot seem to have more experience actually using it than me :D

I'd be willing to test some stuff for you, if you need me to. Just PM me about it.

As for the flags thing, i'll get to work on a simple one immediately.

Spoiler: Flags Guide (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:31:33 am by Magick »
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 22, 2010, 06:59:37 am »

Actually, DC didn't even have a fully functional mood system. As in, you couldn't induce them and have them work. You had to wait, or press the instamood button and hope you got what you wanted.

Actually you could induce a mood, but not the related "mood job". I don't believe we are at this point yet, so it will require a bit more stuff in DFHack to enable it. On the other hand, it could be possible to tweak the instamood into doing more what you want (dwarf selection, mood type selection, but not final item selection). I personnaly did this a couple time with a debugger.

You also had to put the blood back in his veins, remove all bleeding and choking. As this was not implemented in DC, people used to have the creature be a temporary zombie, so that counters were reset. I'm not sure how this does with the new versions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2010, 09:14:58 am »

It, uh, looks like everyone beat me to the punch. Good work, guys.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:08 am »

The offsets for .11 are up in the DT thread. Page 11 or so.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39229.1545

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 23, 2010, 10:26:10 am »

Excellent, I'll get to work on it as soon as I've finished work. (unless the DFHack guys have already updated them *hopes* :D)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2010, 06:31:22 pm »

Excellent, I'll get to work on it as soon as I've finished work. (unless the DFHack guys have already updated them *hopes* :D)

Thank you so much man! :] Can't wait for Runesmith to work again. ;D

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2010, 06:39:08 pm »

There's a Memory.xml up in the Stonesense thread that apparently works.  Would that work for you as well (both being based on DFHack)?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »

That file worked for me, just copy it into your runesmith directory and run :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2010, 07:24:52 pm »

Working here too, no problems. Thanks :)
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

rhonyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2010, 03:13:17 am »

To be honest I'm not sure. My original aim was just to write an app like DC that was compatible with the new versions. While it still has a few of DC's abilities missing (mainly mood related things), I think I'm doing fairly well on that front so far.
Actually, DC didn't even have a fully functional mood system. As in, you couldn't induce them and have them work. You had to wait, or press the instamood button and hope you got what you wanted. Also, when i mentioned Dtil and Tweak, they both have very useful map editing tools(creating magma/river sources, clearing/creating mud, etc.) which have yet to be remade for 31.10.
I believe one point needs some emphasis: Dtil and Tweak were fantastic mods that i have yet to see for the new versions. Those two made doing some fun things in odd embarks possible, let alone worth doing. Besides, with those utilities built into runesmith, it will make it the one stop shop for gameplay modding.

Personally, the top three things I'd like to see in runesmith are:
1) an easy interface to change starting dwarves and starting points (see tweak)
2) an easy way to allow magma buildings without magma discovery (especially for weird embark locations)
3) and finally, a tile editor

DC was fantastic, and i absolutely loved using it, but i always had to use it in combination with tweak and sometimes dtil. to have a single application to go through for everything, well, that would be magical.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2010, 03:44:28 am »

Personally, the top three things I'd like to see in runesmith are:
1) an easy interface to change starting dwarves and starting points (see tweak)
2) an easy way to allow magma buildings without magma discovery (especially for weird embark locations)
3) and finally, a tile editor

DC was fantastic, and i absolutely loved using it, but i always had to use it in combination with tweak and sometimes dtil. to have a single application to go through for everything, well, that would be magical.

I agree with all of this.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2010, 03:44:53 am »

Make Runesmith's interface able to replicate the functions of Dwarf Therapist please, DX.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2010, 03:56:12 am »

Make Runesmith's interface able to replicate the functions of Dwarf Therapist please, DX.
Yeah DT is for managing what jobs/labours dwarfs have etc. This is for doing things like changing a dwarf's strength to max or making him a zombie. I won't be implementing any functionality that is available in DT, since DT is very good at what it does and a) I don't want to tread on people's toes and b) it's not the functionality I'm trying to replace :) I also use DT regularly

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:18 am »

But chmod has announced his departure D: . Just thought Sizeak would jump at the chance, seeing how Runesmith's interface is quite similar.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106