Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366603 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2010, 07:38:54 am »

Will we be able to edit a creature's race/species. Also, will we be able to spawn creatures at will? Both of these would be very useful functions.

Also, I heard that one of the flags control motor nerve damage, what flag is this?

Race editing might be possible, not sure how safe it would be though. Spawning creatures is probably not going to happen for technical reasons.

Just a request on my part, would it be possible to implement an export function to CSV or something? Runesmith's mighty handy for checking out traits and such but manually copy/pasting gets a bit tedious :P

Otherwise, great app, although I don't feel the need to use the editing functions - I get enough Fun without playing Holistic. :)

Wouldn't really be difficult to do, though XML might be a better option, maybe even both
the only real danger is getting a man who looks like a man but say they are a snow brute, save come back to them and found out he really a snow brute. race changing really can take reality and give it a spinning ATOMIC pile driver if you apply any normal fort mode aspects with this. though no real game breaking crashes happen before.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2010, 09:56:22 am »

Theoretically, if somebody wanted to spawn a creature they could sorta do it by editing a critter from HFS.  Naturally it would require species changes, but since there usually are one or two milling around down there that yer not likely to ever interact with you probably won't notice the moved critter.

1 Move critter to surface.
2 Remove the tags that make it a funzy.
3 Change it into the desired creature.
4 Save/reload.

Unfortunately back in Companion changing the species of a creature would only partially work, even after a save/reload (which fixes the majority of the things that remained from the old creature) the creature's size would not change from the original creature unless it made a child>adult transition sometime after the change.  I have no idea if that would still happen in DF2010 with how the size system changed.  But that could be one possible hurdle to creature species change operations.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2010, 10:08:41 am »

Theoretically, if somebody wanted to spawn a creature they could sorta do it by editing a critter from HFS.  Naturally it would require species changes, but since there usually are one or two milling around down there that yer not likely to ever interact with you probably won't notice the moved critter.

1 Move critter to surface.
2 Remove the tags that make it a funzy.
3 Change it into the desired creature.
4 Save/reload.

Unfortunately back in Companion changing the species of a creature would only partially work, even after a save/reload (which fixes the majority of the things that remained from the old creature) the creature's size would not change from the original creature unless it made a child>adult transition sometime after the change.  I have no idea if that would still happen in DF2010 with how the size system changed.  But that could be one possible hurdle to creature species change operations.
Well, the creatures are now more complicated than before. I'm afraid that just changing a few flags and one number will only lead to crashes.

Anyway, it has to be tried :)

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:36 am »

Today I was using your utility to kill cavern creatures who's high population were slowing the game down. And I thought "You know what would be great? A mass delete and a mass kill function!" It would allow us to delete entire species with a click of a button.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #469 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:37 pm »

Today I was using your utility to kill cavern creatures who's high population were slowing the game down. And I thought "You know what would be great? A mass delete and a mass kill function!" It would allow us to delete entire species with a click of a button.

Urist McDoofus cancels reading Scroll of Genocide: Killed by Scroll of Genocide
Reclaim Fortress?
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 04, 2010, 12:10:09 pm »

I'm sorry, Urist. I can't let you read that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

vili

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:10 pm »

Any news on the linux version?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 04, 2010, 01:01:03 pm »

Any news on the linux version?

Tbh, that's more of a DFHack question. I haven't checked the Linux support for a while, but last time I checked there were still a few things not working yet. It may have changed, not sure
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »

That's actually a fairly epic idea. Consider it a feature
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

Or just allow multi select in the creature listview (once sorting is finished), then can apply any flags you like to any group of creatures.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »

I still want a Genocide button XD

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

I am so totally going to abuse it in Adventure mode. I will finally experience the Age of Death.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2010, 05:19:26 pm »

Just added the Genocide button and it seems to work quite well :D Back to what I was doing before...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 04, 2010, 05:27:17 pm »

Nice. Got an update of what you're working on now?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 04, 2010, 05:29:15 pm »

Yay for the systematic extermination of species!
Does the genocide button delete creatures, or just makes them dead?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106