Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366592 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #735 on: October 08, 2010, 11:46:18 pm »

I'd also be happy to at least try and help find some of the offsets, although I have no idea where to start.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #736 on: October 09, 2010, 04:17:25 am »

I'd also be happy to at least try and help find some of the offsets, although I have no idea where to start.
Actually it's more like where to finish now. I should have the offsets in the next dfhack version, but that could take a week or so -- depends on how much time I have for this.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 09, 2010, 04:42:19 am »

Ah, sweet, I can't wait!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 09, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »

Because Runesmith is based on DFHack, like most of the other DF helper apps are right now.  DFHack made it so that you could update one set of offsets rather than one for each program, and meant that people could write such apps without worrying at all about memory hacking...

But at the same time nothing works until DFHack does.  It would be helpful if we had a few more people working on the DFHack project that were good at tracking down these addresses.

So far as letting others help, nothing's stopping you.  If you can find the offsets, add them to the memory.xml file and post it.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that'll thank you!  :)

Exactly! Why does he not try to advance DFhack so his own program benefits as well?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 09, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »

Maybe sizeak has a life outside of Runesmith - or maybe he just doesn't feel like it? He needs some free time as well.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:33 pm »

Because Runesmith is based on DFHack, like most of the other DF helper apps are right now.  DFHack made it so that you could update one set of offsets rather than one for each program, and meant that people could write such apps without worrying at all about memory hacking...

But at the same time nothing works until DFHack does.  It would be helpful if we had a few more people working on the DFHack project that were good at tracking down these addresses.

So far as letting others help, nothing's stopping you.  If you can find the offsets, add them to the memory.xml file and post it.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that'll thank you!  :)

Exactly! Why does he not try to advance DFhack so his own program benefits as well?

Maybe because I have better things to do. You want it that bad, then find the offsets yourself. I wrote this app for me because I wanted to. You get to use it because I let you, it's not your right or something so stop acting like it is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:29:10 pm by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Knossos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 10, 2010, 05:28:02 am »

What a bunch of ungrateful douches.

I hope all this demanding and bitching doesn't deflect you from wanting to work on Runesmith at all. I appreciate all the work you have put into it :)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:23 am »

What a bunch of ungrateful douches.

I hope all this demanding and bitching doesn't deflect you from wanting to work on Runesmith at all. I appreciate all the work you have put into it :)

Thank you. All that should bee needed for it to work with the newest DF is the offsets that Peterix said would be ready in about a week
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 11, 2010, 09:13:40 am »

There're always ungrateful douches, but it's a rare case when someone dictates what to do for no apparent reason :). So don't worry, I doubt you will get many "demands" like that, and we all know how to deal with those who make many demands of adamantine socks :).

P.S. I can't wait to get the updated version for a few reasons, so I hope you guys will have some time and willingness for it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 11, 2010, 02:32:29 pm »

Well I just pulled down the latest DFHack stuff to see how to close to done it was and nearly everything seems to be working. The most glaringly obvious thing that was missing is the names, not sure apart from that but it seems nearly ready.

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 11, 2010, 06:58:01 pm »

*Wanders through this forum thread aimlesslely, limbs twitching and drooling slightly, another Runesmith/Dwarf Fortress addict in desperate need of a fix of the good stuff. (IE, a catsplosion curing genocide)*
 :o
Kill the Tribble kitty!

On a side note, keep up the great work, sizeak and peterix! Don't let the slavedrivers and ungrateful, impatient players get to you.  :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:01:02 pm by Thoranius »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:24 pm »

Well I should be in bed right now since I have work tomorrow and it's nearly 2am here, but it appears we have names too now. Sadly attributes aren't working yet
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:26:19 pm by sizeak »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 12, 2010, 12:17:37 am »

You're teasing us, aren't you?

And I often go to bed too late before a work too... Nothing that a good sleep during a week-end can't fix.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 12, 2010, 08:24:49 am »

dang did I come off as a ungreatful Douche?
If so then Sorry I'm having a 'inventor' block on finding many things one can do in Runesmith.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 12, 2010, 10:43:21 am »

Can't wait to see this stuff back in action. Keep up the good work, guys!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106