Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366571 times)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #915 on: January 06, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »

Im having a hard time with this, it keeps on saying "error 2 failed to open file at row 0 col 0, im running it in parrelels so that may be part of the problem

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:54 am »

Doesn't work with DF versions above .16
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 07, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

So, I made a .16 fort. Turns out that I can't seem to find anyway to heal my dwarves, even with Runesmith. The only obvious controls are for dead and killed, and that just makes them die upon living. No offense, but I tried DFusion, and your suggestion, Rumrusher, is too terribly vague and confusing to use with it.
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 08, 2011, 03:32:02 pm »

Are you planning on making a newer version?

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 08, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

Are you planning on making a newer version?

The answer was posted 2 pages back

Yeah, we're not compatible with anything above .16 atm since DFHack is still missing offsets

Well, let me tell you when:
First I have to finish this video processing acceleration project. Then another pile of annoying math proofs. (those things have priority)
Then, maybe, I'll have a few days for DFHack, and I'll possibly manage to automate the offset search crap so I don't have to babysit it so much. Then I'll do a release and all the tool devs will have to update/recompile their stuff. Then you'll get an update.

Lots of big IFs you see. If things don't work out, I'll have some time in February. If they do work out, it will still depend on other people when/if there are updates to tools not included in the main DFHack builds.

BTW sizeak I think to cut short all the future questions, you should just amend your first post with BIG RED letters on the current incompatibility and the reason.

:D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 08, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »

So, I made a .16 fort. Turns out that I can't seem to find anyway to heal my dwarves, even with Runesmith. The only obvious controls are for dead and killed, and that just makes them die upon living. No offense, but I tried DFusion, and your suggestion, Rumrusher, is too terribly vague and confusing to use with it.
well there might be a way but you might want to beg Darius to make his Dfusion more backwards compatible. as of now healing is done by cheat engine and a .18 dfusion task of Ghost -> race changer -> save/travel/sleep -> race change back -> save/travel/sleep -> remove Ghost
though this is just a hack version of removing the parts from the raws then putting them back on(though this also fixes missing limbs than damaged one the raw version of healing does).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 15, 2011, 02:40:54 am »

Doesn't work , i keep getting 'Couldn't find a suitable process"

Using 31.16

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 15, 2011, 07:30:11 am »

Doesn't work , i keep getting 'Couldn't find a suitable process"

Using 31.16

SDL? Won't work with legacy
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

traxzilla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:05 am »

lol
best thing I have seen in the thread in months.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 23, 2011, 08:25:34 am »

Will this soon be updated? I would really like a version that can work with Genesis.
Thank you
Well, let me tell you when:
First I have to finish this video processing acceleration project. Then another pile of annoying math proofs. (those things have priority)
Then, maybe, I'll have a few days for DFHack, and I'll possibly manage to automate the offset search crap so I don't have to babysit it so much. Then I'll do a release and all the tool devs will have to update/recompile their stuff. Then you'll get an update.

Lots of big IFs you see. If things don't work out, I'll have some time in February. If they do work out, it will still depend on other people when/if there are updates to tools not included in the main DFHack builds.

If I were smarter I would beg for the privilege to help program this in order to speed up the update. Unfortunately I use software nowadays as I stopped programming back when VB made it to version 5...........

Now I wish I could Bribe other people with money (read: Donate to "support") to help speed the progress along. But that would require an official website for the software probably.

*sigh*

oh wells. will sit here and twitch in anticipation.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 23, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

wait is runesmith coded in the same way Dfusion is?
I wonder all that time spent researching in Dfusion helps runesmith get back on it's feet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »

Theoretically you could port DFusion's offsets to dfhack and i think it only needs creature vector. Although it might be that my offsets are bit different (needs +0x400000 to work with dfhack). I'm a bit busy at the moment but i could look into it after a day or two.

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 23, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

Sizeak i just wanted to say i appreciate you releasing and working on this program, its very useful and fun and i dont think ppl give you enough credit, must be a pain in the ass to keep working on something and all ppl do is basically tell you to work harder to get out newer versions lol.

Just wanted to say THANK YA
Quote from: piecewise on March 14, 2010, 06:22:02 am
  Dwarf Fortress: Beat children with children.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106