Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366076 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #930 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:36 am »

Does not seem to work that way :( says shm access error. Must be doing something wrong...

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:28 am »

Sizeak i just wanted to say i appreciate you releasing and working on this program, its very useful and fun and i dont think ppl give you enough credit, must be a pain in the ass to keep working on something and all ppl do is basically tell you to work harder to get out newer versions lol.

Just wanted to say THANK YA

Thanks man.

Does not seem to work that way :( says shm access error. Must be doing something wrong...

Yeah offsets are wrong, we need more than just the creature vector. Runesmith uses the majority of the advanced creature offsets in memory-ng.xml and a few other things like the date etc. DFHack hasn't had a single commit since Nov 19th last year either so I'm not sure whats going on offset wise.

I haven't played DF in quite a while due to it's piss poor performance and a lot of my time being taken up by work & Minecraft. I have a Hex core machine and I still can't run it very well with 150-200 dwarves because it's to badly coded to use threads. Since I haven't been playing, I haven't been actively developing Runesmith either but if/when DFHack updates I'll be happy to update too assuming all the offsets are found.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 17, 2011, 04:53:20 pm »

assuming all the offsets are found.

Which they probably won't...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 17, 2011, 05:41:06 pm »

... dang what a harsh way to bump a thread magistrate101.
though true until we get that auto offset finder which will make finding offsets much easier.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 18, 2011, 02:23:49 am »

Thanks for making this.

Just have to wait for the offsets now.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »

as I figured due to the slow finding of the offset's, a new version have been released and I figured the Runesmith won't really released a new version anytime soon unless they quickly find all the offset of the new version, otherwise this mod has passed away.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

as I figured due to the slow finding of the offset's, a new version have been released and I figured the Runesmith won't really released a new version anytime soon unless they quickly find all the offset of the new version, otherwise this mod has passed away.

The new version has been out three or four days and you've already called time of death on Runesmith. Just chill. Petrix is sick right now.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »

... dang what a harsh way to bump a thread magistrate101.
though true until we get that auto offset finder which will make finding offsets much easier.

Yeh, though, 2 weeks isn't bad, compared to another website... Which is here...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Happily, sizeak (I think that's the DFHack guy...) made DFoffsets.exe... Which, to the best of my knowledge of such things, either prints outthe contents of memory.xml or finds working offsets, I am more sure of the former... :\
MAKE IT AUTOUPDATE!

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:19 pm »

MAKE IT AUTOUPDATE!

That would be wonderful, but I'm a little lost how that would work. If the object it's mapping always stayed the same, but just moved around I could understand. However, I'm a little lost how a auto-update would work because I would at least think every version  (or two) would change the shape of the basic game objects.

Of course then again, I've no idea the state the source code is in ...

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 19, 2011, 01:01:39 am »

MAKE IT AUTOUPDATE!

[sarcasm]

Boy I sure hope you can teach everyone of from the DFHack guys (who incidentally is Peterix and Japa amongst others) to all the other programmers that rely on DFHack offsets (DwarfTherapist, Runesmith and others) to do just that.

I am sure that they are just awaiting your great wisdom and intellect to be conferred upon them.

[/sarcasm]

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 19, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »

The new version has been out three or four days and you've already called time of death on Runesmith. Just chill. Petrix is sick right now.

I changed my mind if he releases a new version that works on the latest version, if he misses at least 3 new versions, I'll called it dead.

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 19, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

I wonder if Toady could be persuaded to create a interface (.so/.dll) for DF? I'm sure the functions for accessing the same thing in are in the code anyway... I'd think all that has to be done is to move them and the data structures to their own object, and compile it separately.

It should not make that much slower as every C/C++ function is a pointer anyway. The only difference is if the pointer is hard-coded in the executable or stored in memory at run-time, iirc. It would solve the memory mapping issues, I would think.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 19, 2011, 08:54:32 pm »

I changed my mind if he releases a new version that works on the latest version, if he misses at least 3 new versions, I'll called it dead.

Code: [Select]
sizeak-
I haven't been actively developing Runesmith either but if/when DFHack updates I'll be happy to update too assuming all the offsets are found.
It's right at the top of this page.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 20, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »

Didn't members already post about wanting open source for Runesmith back when .17 came out? it's kinda redundant and mean spirited to repeat those members. It's not going to make the process of finding the missing pieces faster. I'm mad magistate101 Necro this thread during the latest update with a side crack.
I mean yeah I may had createdtampered/fixed a code to Raise the dead and allow the adventurer to make them his/her slaves(and turning creatures into wagons) but I won't just go take a thread from the home and smack it in it's face for demands that another utility has met.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 20, 2011, 02:58:05 pm »

Sizeak, there's an interim player release on DFhack out, if you want to test the offsets from that, I can't tell if it works or not though, because I seem to be stuck with the freeze every time I try to embark bug (It was working before, it may be because I'm genning multiple worlds each time before finding one I want, or it could be single biome embark points, I dunno)

And careful on that minecraft, that game may steal your soul, or at least a good portion of your free time.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106