Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366078 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1050 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »

I don't suppose you take feature requests do you?

Would it be possible to sort the list based on skill levels?  I often use Runesmith to find a dwarf with a particular skill when I know I have one, but don't remember who it was.   Runesmith makes this much faster than looking through the unit list one at a time, but it would be even faster if there was some sort button I could push, enter a skill, and then magically have all the dwarves with that skill at the top of the list.

...and if I'm an idiot and it's already possible could somebody tell me how?
doesn't therapist have that function?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:44 am »

No it doesn't support .18, DFHack mostly skipped it. Some things can be sorted by clicking on column headers but I can't for the life of me remember which things....
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Zinic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 17, 2011, 06:17:37 am »

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but it seems that Happiness can't be changed permanently with Runesmith. Had a tantrum spiral going, and figured I'd try using Runesmith to solve it, but happiness reset to the original values every time I unpaused the game.

I figure it's mainly a problem with dfhack not having the accurate address for happiness, or maybe it's related to the way tantrums work. Tried this on both dwarves that were currently throwing tantrums and ones who hadn't yet.

It was caused by an ambush that killed a couple of dwarves, so it may just be that dwarves that have lost loved ones or seen friends die are unable to improve their happiness.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 17, 2011, 06:18:34 am »

It's due to the way DF itself works actually
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Zinic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 17, 2011, 06:42:40 am »

It's due to the way DF itself works actually

Fair enough, won't mention it again then. Guess it's time to reload. :P

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 17, 2011, 06:55:52 am »

Sometimes it sticks for a while, but not always. I'm not really sure why, I think it's because if the source of their unhappiness is still affecting them it will make them unhappy again very quickly

Zinic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:06 am »

Sometimes it sticks for a while, but not always. I'm not really sure why, I think it's because if the source of their unhappiness is still affecting them it will make them unhappy again very quickly

That's my theory as well, making the option to edit happiness a bit useless.

On a different matter though, is there a way to tag something as dead or killed and keep them in the game world? Noticed that the dead tag will remove dwarves from the world and Runesmith, but make them remain in memory (making them appear in DT). Maybe an option that directly kills the unit instead would be more useful and make items not go to waste. Just a suggestion though (could also help you deal with situations like tantrum spirals).

I may just be ignorant in the ways of the dwarf. :P

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 17, 2011, 07:42:18 am »

And maybe if anyone understood the wounds system in DF2010 then we'd do that

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 17, 2011, 08:31:38 am »

And maybe if anyone understood the wounds system in DF2010 then we'd do that
uhh well we over at Dfusion made a cheap DC version of the hurt/heal system but from others up limbs and might lead to a case of suffocation (or not work at all?) but I fixed that recently.From what I understood it's the same as DC but chances are the wounds leave scars so fixing a cut will only fix the limb but the description of the cut will be added to the creature and through time will become a scar. so my best luck is until I attempt to get a dead dwarf and rez which on it self was a flipping chore back in 40d. 
"body swapping and YOU!"

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 17, 2011, 08:59:36 am »

Congrats, then there's even less reason for me to do it.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 19, 2011, 08:59:30 am »

My guess looking at DFusion's heal system and how it interacts with the wounded would be that individual wounds are stored in an array somewhere, divided up similarly to how they look in the health screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 19, 2011, 10:13:01 am »

My guess looking at DFusion's heal system and how it interacts with the wounded would be that individual wounds are stored in an array somewhere, divided up similarly to how they look in the health screen.
Descriptions screen as well, some times you can heal a head wound but still get the gushing cut memo or make their heads disappear causing their hats hoods and caps to fall off and they seem to be to not notice at all. So my hurt code more likely "a strip clothes from their bodies and get more loot from merchants that come in" code. So who wants a function that causes goblins/elves to dash towards you not noticing that their clothes and weapons are gone? 
"body swapping and YOU!"

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 19, 2011, 10:12:37 pm »

Whenever I try to open it, it says that it is not an valid win32 application.. err..... yeah.

EDIT: When I open the zip file it says some files are corrupted, if that helps any.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:15:33 pm by mud074 »
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 20, 2011, 09:01:33 am »

31.21 compatible? I love you, man. :'D
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 24, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »

OMG 31.22  >:(

And the most annoying thing is that this update is also highly desirable, as the Healthcare bugs have been (mostly) fixed.
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106