Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498676 times)

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2985 on: February 27, 2012, 12:53:47 pm »

Dear Dwarves of Sungear, the Fortress of Light. I know that, due to the massive stockpiles of food, and the fact we live on a husk infested volcanic glacier, there isn't much actual work to be done, despite our numbers only being in the low 30's. But please stop making babies. 12 of our 32 dwarves are either babies or children. They are becoming a strain on my patience.

Dear Ner Lemismebzuth, Forest Titan.
I deeply apologize for what I did. Just because you were made of coke did not justify me dripping magma on you. I should have saved you for the Arena. Our three forgotten beasts would have had a great deal of fun with you.

Dear Werechamelon,
You appeared on MY glacier, declaring that I would soon know why I fear the night, and then you had your arms ripped off by a husk without landing a single attack on him. Pathetic.

Dear blind cave crocodile FB,
Please chase the delicious fat farmer into that tunnel, never mind the floodgates. And don't let those abominable undead crundles follow you.

Dear Telkontar, Marksdwarf,
Apologies for that. The good news is that, as a zombie, magma cannot kill you. Have fun burning for all eternity at the bottom of the magma sea with the other 50 zombies I've dumped in.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

Dear Stozu Zolakezru, Engraver,

Why are you named after a goblin?

Signed,
Your Overlord

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 27, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

Dear Stozu Zolakezru, Engraver,

Why are you named after a goblin?

Signed,
Your Overlord

Dear Overseer ydaraishy,

We have reason to suspect the dwarf in question is the first case of a either a wear-goblin, or a goblin-dwarf hybrid. We would appreciate any efforts of ‼SCIENCE‼ you do to assist with out investigation.

Sincerely,

Mountainhomes Intelligence Agency (MIA).

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: February 27, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »

Dear urist mcbaron.

You were appointed the regal title due to your love of green glass, since that is what your quarters are made from. (No exceptions!)  However, your fettish for crossbow bolts is excessive. I no sooner finish one mandate for (1 bolt), and you have created another for (3 bolts), ad nauseum. This has happened continually for 5 dwarven years now.

Yes. You are upset that urist mcvampire is not in a cage after eating somebody. She is however, permently entombed and is no longer a threat to anyone. This does not excuse your incessant vomiting of demands for crossbow bolts. Stop now, or get assigned to join urist mcvampire in her quarters.

Yours in desperation,
The overseer of the grim casket-keepers.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 27, 2012, 04:56:04 pm »

Dear Urist Mc Army of PantsPalace

How?, just, How!?. I give you hammers, and axes, and SPEARS!. I juice you up on the equivalent of Dwarf crack and make you the fastest damn things alive. How can 10 of you NOT clear out half your numbers in zombies and thralls?, let alone only 4 of you come back alive, and all you CRIPPLED!?

YOU ARE ALL A JOKE FOR ARMOK'S SAKE!, now I'm gonna have to risk the others being exposed to that haunted ash mist that you have probably noticed has been showing up more frequently and wafting over our home. Just to modify a new entrance/exit. And modify the previous one so I can lure the zombies into the pit!.

And YOU, you stupid mason who migrated here!. I don't care if those bunnies were once your pets. They are CONTAMINATED!. Quit trying to free them and expose the rest of the fort to their undeath!. If you don't, I will pit you in with the already contained thralls!.

Can't you hear them!?, they're clawing at the walls!, they want to kill us all!, we can't fight them!, we can only trap them!, why!?, for Armok's sake!, WHY!?

Signed: Slightly insane Overseer DungeonDwarf of PantsPalace

PS: The Elves!, oh god!, they TURNED THE ELVES!, FRUITY ZOMBIES!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: February 27, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,
How did you manage to set yourself on fire when mining the magma-aquifer-obsidianizing thingy? And how did you manage to avoid setting your clothes on fire despite burning so fast that your corpse was gone before your replacement could arrive? Thanks for managing to save the pick, at least.

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.

Dear Urist McCarpenterTurnedMiner,
Didn't you notice the ashes inside those clothes when you grabbed the pick? There's only one wolverine leather coat in this fort, and it belonged to the late Urist McMiner before he decided to mine out the aquifer-obsidianizing thing which worked (techncally). Point is, he's dead. You can report him as such.

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.

Dear all dwarves in the fortress,
Why can't I build a magma glass furnace out of clay? It worked last version...

Sincerely,
GWG, Ovrsr.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

-Firestar-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »

Dear residents of Crystal Caverns:
I understand you like running around nude and throwing clothes all over the place in bedrooms. That's somewhat normal behavior I hear.

But for the love of Armok, please PLEASE stop hoarding food in your rooms. There are multiple designated food piles and a designated eating area. There is no reason whatsoever to carry it back to your room and leave it on the floor! You are not children!

Sincerely,
Overseer Hanadra

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 27, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »

Dear residents of Crystal Caverns:
I understand you like running around nude and throwing clothes all over the place in bedrooms. That's somewhat normal behavior I hear.

But for the love of Armok, please PLEASE stop hoarding food in your rooms. There are multiple designated food piles and a designated eating area. There is no reason whatsoever to carry it back to your room and leave it on the floor! You are not children!

Sincerely,
Overseer Hanadra
Go into military and set your soldiers to stop carrying food. The system is bugged all to hell and they leave food in their room to rot and since it's owned nobody will touch it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:20 pm »

Dear Dwarves of Sungear, the Fortress of Light. I know that, due to the massive stockpiles of food, and the fact we live on a husk infested volcanic glacier, there isn't much actual work to be done, despite our numbers only being in the low 30's. But please stop making babies. 12 of our 32 dwarves are either babies or children. They are becoming a strain on my patience.

I deeply apologize for what I did. Just because you were made of coke did not justify me dripping magma on you. I should have saved you for the Arena. Our three forgotten beasts would have had a great deal of fun with you.

Dear Werechamelon,
You appeared on MY glacier, declaring that I would soon know why I fear the night, and then you had your arms ripped off by a husk without landing a single attack on him. Pathetic.

Please chase the delicious fat farmer into that tunnel, never mind the floodgates. And don't let those abominable undead crundles follow you.

Apologies for that. The good news is that, as a zombie, magma cannot kill you. Have fun burning for all eternity at the bottom of the magma sea with the other 50 zombies I've dumped in.[/color]

Dear Schizotek,

1) Where did those come from? Did some dust get underground?
2) WTF Seriously!!?? Husks are immune to MAGMA!!??
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:29 pm »

Dear Army of Urist,

I realize that a great deal of fault for your lacking skills falls on me, or rather, the freaking military interface. But that is no reason for you to stop hunting down the eagle that has stopped everyone form going outside. You’re ten guys with weapons, it’s a freaking bird, kill it, grab it, throw rocks at it, just get it away from my entrance or so help me I will MAKE you all miners and force you to dig in till you get killed by whatever is down there. I will then dance on your graves, capturing that bird and putting him in one of your tombs.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

agiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

Dear Urist McKillBane-Elite-Wrestler

You've been strangling that poor groundhog for 8 pages now. Please stop, I think you're enjoying this a little too much. There are other things to kill, you don't have to spend so much time on the groundhog.

Signed,
          Supreme Overlord Agiller
Its more a kind of slapstick horrible, where you laugh as your passing aquaintance is beaten to death by a monster the size of a house using a sock as its weapon of choice...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:44 pm »

Dear Werechamelon,

Apologies for that. The good news is that, as a zombie, magma cannot kill you. Have fun burning for all eternity at the bottom of the magma sea with the other 50 zombies I've dumped in.[/color]

Dear Schizotek,

1) Where did those come from? Did some dust get underground?
2) WTF Seriously!!?? Husks are immune to MAGMA!!??

Husks are immune to magma, traps, drowning, HFS, fire, dwarves, other husks, and just about everything else. The only way to deafeat them is to completely dismember them, then atomsmash them until nothing is left. Oh and they tend to get covered in huskifiying dust, so wash them off before engaging in melee combat.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:19 pm »

WHAT?  CAN YOU SPEAK UP A BIT?  We can't hear you, Urist. 

Huh, that group of goblins seem to be coming towards us.  Wonder what caught their attention?...
Oh, hello there Elan.
Clearly they need better sneaking boots.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

flopeared

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 27, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

Dear Urist:

For the love of armok, STOP NAMING THEM!  You know we can't eat them if they have names.  You're supposed to be a butcher, for Armok's sake, so every time I send you to go kill some lamb for dinners, I expect you to slaughter it, not gain another pet.  I want leg of lamb.  >:(

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:09 pm »

Dear Urist:

For the love of armok, STOP NAMING THEM!  You know we can't eat them if they have names.  You're supposed to be a butcher, for Armok's sake, so every time I send you to go kill some lamb for dinners, I expect you to slaughter it, not gain another pet.  I want leg of lamb.  >:(

Time for the butcher to have an unfortunate accident and find one who hates animals.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 504