Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498751 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3240 on: April 05, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »

Dear Embark Site Selection Committee-

I petitioned the committee for a site with, I thought, I very reasonable list of requirements. No aquifer. Some soil, to farm on. Metals at various heights because WE ARE DWARVES. And flux stone, because steel is necessary. You gave me a list of several suitable sites, though I wonder why you seemed so insistent on my embarking in either sinister areas or areas infested with Armokdamned unicorns.

After exhaustively sifting through each prospective site, I have to ask, would it really have been that hard to tell me that there was no flux stone, apparently anywhere in the world?

Dear Overseer;
You survived the journey?!  Uh... Well, there IS flux stone, but you'll have to dig deep for it.  VERY deep.  Just under those metal veins in the magma sea, in fact.  There's lots of flux stone under there, according to our surveys...

Sincerely;
The Very Suspicious Embark Site Selection Committee

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: April 05, 2012, 07:44:53 pm »

Dear Zombie crocodiles,

Why are you so weak? Your pathetic. Im tempted to make a ZOO for you guys, your only dangerous when its raining blister-inducing vomit. Please be dangerous, please.

Love, your insane overseer
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: April 05, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »

Dear Zombie crocodiles,

Why are you so weak? Your pathetic. Im tempted to make a ZOO for you guys, your only dangerous when its raining blister-inducing vomit. Please be dangerous, please.

Love, your insane overseer
Deer Overzeer

Zombiez is currently zuffering frum critical brane famine. Brain deficienzy makes zombies week, zluggish and lezz able to cope wif injurees. I zujjest openeeng dor to fort, laying down weponz, and letting zombies come in zo they can receive propur kare and treetment. The zombies ar just afreed cuz they think da pointee weapons will hurt them an just wan to playfite.

Zincerely, am expurt dorf advizer (not the zombies)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:55 pm »

Dear Urist McPriest-doctor.

Please stop spamming your recuperation-buff spell at all hours. You have only been using it on yourself, nonstop, for weeks. At least try to shake things up a but by using some of the other spells you know.

Sincerely, your Overseer Who Doesn't Like to Check His Combat Reports Like a Paranoid Elf for Fear that Something is Actually Happening In-Between Your Spell Castings.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ria Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: April 05, 2012, 09:54:18 pm »

Dear Embark Site Selection Committee-

I petitioned the committee for a site with, I thought, I very reasonable list of requirements. No aquifer. Some soil, to farm on. Metals at various heights because WE ARE DWARVES. And flux stone, because steel is necessary. You gave me a list of several suitable sites, though I wonder why you seemed so insistent on my embarking in either sinister areas or areas infested with Armokdamned unicorns.

After exhaustively sifting through each prospective site, I have to ask, would it really have been that hard to tell me that there was no flux stone, apparently anywhere in the world?

Dear Overseer;
You survived the journey?!  Uh... Well, there IS flux stone, but you'll have to dig deep for it.  VERY deep.  Just under those metal veins in the magma sea, in fact.  There's lots of flux stone under there, according to our surveys...

Sincerely;
The Very Suspicious Embark Site Selection Committee

So... you want me to get this supposed flux from a place I need at least steel and probably candy to get to. Does this have anything to do with no less than THREE nobles having a preference for slade?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: April 05, 2012, 10:30:52 pm »

To the executioner.

Thank you for testing the execution skill tag on your noble position.  It was very impressive watching you chop that vampire into chunks with that iron greatsword.  Despite how you had to write it down in all the paperwork as a hammering.

Next time however please avoid sending vampire limbs into the prison water source.  Not all the convicts are vampires, and I would like to avoid making more.

The administration.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: April 05, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »

To the executioner.

Thank you for testing the execution skill tag on your noble position.  It was very impressive watching you chop that vampire into chunks with that iron greatsword.  Despite how you had to write it down in all the paperwork as a hammering.

Next time however please avoid sending vampire limbs into the prison water source.  Not all the convicts are vampires, and I would like to avoid making more.

The administration.

MY PEOPLE COME FROM LINE OF GREAT HAMMERER/VAMPIRES, I TAKE PRIDE IN MY ACTIONS. I WILL SPREAD MY PEOPLE'S BLOOD. I AM A HAMMERER AT HEART.

PLUS I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL SWORDEROR CORRECTLY.

-sworderor/ sworder/sworderrer/hammerer
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: April 06, 2012, 12:14:28 am »

To the executioner.

The administration.

I only have one speed;  Chop till they stop (twitching).

Sincerely;  Urist McExecutioner.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:48 am »

Dear executioner,

That's not a measure of speed at all: it's a plan of action!

Sincerely, random passersby
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: April 06, 2012, 12:36:07 am »

DEAR EXECUTIONER

CONTINUE EXTERMINATIONS!

SIGNED - THE DALEK EMPIRE OF "THE CORRUPT FISH"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:54 am »

Dear Hiver McMiner, I do not care that there is a large rat in the mines.I say Screw That. Really, screw  it. You are holding a drill. It has nothing. Screw it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 06, 2012, 03:40:06 am »

Dear Hiver McMiner, I do not care that there is a large rat in the mines.I say Screw That. Really, screw  it. You are holding a drill. It has nothing. Screw it.
Dear overseer,

BUT DID YOU SEE THOSE FANGS?
It'll chop me in half with just ONE bite!
I wont fight that huge monster!

Sinercely, Urist McMiner

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: April 06, 2012, 03:43:11 am »

Urist McMiner, I was not addressing you. I was addressing Hiver McMiner. Sincerely, the only guy who knows how to open a box of synthcake. (Underhive mod)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: April 06, 2012, 03:49:26 am »

Dear Dwarves of Astikal "Sabreheal",

Please stay away from that Infernal Ash.
Also, get started on breaching the caverns. You guy's'll need water soon, as you're on a glacier with no plants or trees.

Sincerely,

Reudh.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: April 07, 2012, 02:20:58 am »

Dear Tholtig, mechanic of Luremachines:

DO YOUR JOB RIGHT. >:( You are the head mechanic (by virtue of being the ONLY mechanic), and as such are my front line against the elven menace. If you cannot hook up a bridge, floor hatch, and door so that they are open and closed at the same time, YOU FAIL. Please fix this issue, before I dig down to the magma just to throw you into it.

P.S.: NO BREAKS UNTIL THE DROWNING TRAP IS DONE.  >:( >:( >:(

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 504