Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501217 times)

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4575 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:24 am »

Dear Urist McCook

i know you are a legendary cook, and i'm not, but was looking through your work, and you keep mincing the whip wine flour
by definition, flour, is a powder, please explain your reasoning for mincing, POWDER?

Dear Urist McMiller

i recently found Urist McCook using whip wine flour, whip wine is supposed to be used for booze,
you are supposed to be milling dimple cups.
i know whip wine is also blue, but it cant be used to color clothing

i am not correcting my plan, the whip wine end product is still classified as booze, i leave you up to figuring out how to drink powder

Dear Urist McClothier

i Told you to make bags
you said there was no cloth left
i changed the orders to allow using non-dyed cloth
you resume making bags... using ONLY COLORED CLOTH?
noone is currently dying cloth
where did this cloth come from?
we are flooded with white cloth, and are having problems coloring it..
and why do bags need to be pretty?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:55:51 am by enizer »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:46 am »

Dear Urist McCook

i know you are a legendary cook, and i'm not, but was looking through your work, and you keep mincing the whip wine flour
by definition, flour, is a powder, please explain your reasoning for mincing, POWDER?

Dear Urist McMiller

i recently found Urist McCook using whip wine flour, whip wine is supposed to be used for booze,
you are supposed to be milling dimple cups.
i know whip wine is also blue, but it cant be used to color clothing

i am not correcting my plan, the whip wine end product is still classified as booze, i leave you up to figuring out how to drink powder

Dear Overseer

Y'see, ain't nobody tell me which stuff to grind up. Ain't seen a stockpile given to this shop so I take whatever's nearest, ya see? Maybe if someone could have this pile of dimple cup and bags given to this shop...

Your boozey McMiller

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: November 14, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

Dear combat team Delta:
  My bad, I did it.  I taught Rat (my cat) that toes were playthings.  I would slam into it and pounce on it with my foot.  So when I was lounging and playing the first serious attempt at a fort in a while, Rat of course thought it was the perfect time for her to pounce and bite.  I alas could not move you to a more defensible position closer to the fort.

I drew blood, just as you.  You will be buried with honor.  I have no clue how you died, as I was busy fighting off a fierce monster myself, but it was surely not like little nancys.  The combat log be damned, you as heros in my eyes.

Your comicly upset overseer
JD
As a fellow cat owner I completely understand, my cat is fricken crazy and he constantly attacks.  You may not believe this, but he literally chased an adult black bear through our woods when he was a few months old (and obviously still too young to have any kind of a brain to let him know that was stupid.)  Try living with a psycho cat that thinks he is awesome because he took on a bear and lived.

Dear UristMcEveryone
Why won't you walk through those open floodgates?  There are no burrows, there is no danger, temperature is off just in case the magma trap in that section made the floodgates hot somehow, and there is no reason to walk all the way around the map to dump refuse.  I've destroyed the floodgates and the walls around them, rebuilt the floor and the roof, and still you refuse to walk over that section.  I dug out the whole area beneath it and rebuilt it from the ground up.  Heck I even used DF-hack to force you little idiots onto those tiles, causing you to freeze in place.  Why do you refuse to go anywhere near my lovely and safe easy access walkway?

Your annoyed and dumbfounded overseer
FF
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: November 14, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

Dear Urist McMayor. I know you REALLY like cages, but was it really necessary that you beat your SON to death because he accidentally got a cage sold?

Your completely baffled overseer, Scootagoose.
Unf.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: November 23, 2012, 12:39:15 pm »

Dear Squad Kobold Ninja-Thieves,
Seriously, two wheelbarrows were all you wanted to take?
Sincerely,
Overseer.

PS. The one kobold who tried to assassinate my woodworker, but then took a pickaxe to the innards(and lost their hand) from a nearby miner has been made the first two objects(the hand and rest of body) to enter the garbage pile. And to add further insult to injury, a coatl stole his dagger before I could sell it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: November 23, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

Dear Bleenkis McKoboldthief,

Why did you have to steal the fort's only artifact? Dick move man, dick move.

- Urist McOverseer
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: November 24, 2012, 03:17:26 am »

to add further insult to injury, a coatl stole his dagger
Please say you mean coati. Otherwise I'd feel robbed of my mod.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:13 pm »

Probably. I haven't seen one since.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: November 25, 2012, 12:24:51 am »

Dear Urist McMayor. I know you REALLY like cages, but was it really necessary that you beat your SON to death because he accidentally got a cage sold?

Your completely baffled overseer, Scootagoose.
Dear Scootagoose,
I am appalled that you think I would give my family special treatment!
Urist McMayor is throwing a tantrum!
Now look what you made me do! I was already angry from the death of my son!
Sincerely,
Probably being beaten for vandalising that floodgate...

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: November 29, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,

You just had to go out there. You idiot. Your friends were dead,  the animals were dead, they were all dead at the same time, in the same place, up by the wagon surrounded by blood. You and Urist McLadyMiner were the only two left alive, spared by mere coincidence by happening to be enlarging the first storeroom underground and away from the surface.

You could have rebuilt! You had the technology! You had the goods down in the storeroom needed for life, you had food, seeds, wood, you had picks and everything. I assigned both you and McLadyMiner to wall off the fort. Armok knows you probably would have dumbly walked up to the surface...I forbid everything up there, I restricted every tile on the surface to keep you away. You had the wood to wall off and live comfortably together down in the depths for the rest of your lives...

...but you had to go up to the surface to clean yourselves off, didn't you? Yep, that dust on your socks was totally worth attempting to walk through pools of orc blood in the name of sanitary values.

You didn't even make it one step, you both keeled over the instant you walked into the blood and died, nauseous, paralyzed, and suffocating. You bleeding idiots. Pun intended.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: November 30, 2012, 11:49:58 am »

Dear Urist McTrader,

Yesterday I noticed that your child was missing, but I was eating so I just hit spacebar.
Then I noticed that you had fallen and broken your leg, but I was a little bit thirsty so on my way to the fridge I just hit spacebar.
Then there was a goblin siege but I was a little tired and fancied a nap so I just hit spacebar...

NOT MUCH FUN WHEN YOUR ON THE RECEIVING END IS IT?

Yours faithfully,

The Overseer
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:59 am »

Dear Elf Liaison,

You are correct, after chopping it down and turning it into bolts it is now just a rude bauble, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is 'fit only for your kind'. I can 'fit' quite a few of them into your elves.

Come get them back.

Yours,

The Overseer
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:32 pm »

Dear Soldier,

You got clawed on your finger by a kitty and now you are whining that you need soap,medical attention,a diagnostic,some time to rest,a slave to feed you and help you drink.

You are a wussbag and I am currently working on your "retirement".It will include a nice cozy room with spear traps,so you can really whine about being hurt by golden spears penetrating your anus and your stomach.

Love,the guy that will show you what pain really feels like.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: November 30, 2012, 05:53:30 pm »

Not so much pain, just more bruises. Unless you want to use spears of butter.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: November 30, 2012, 09:44:09 pm »

Thats not a retirement room. That is a standard military/child training room.

Retirement rooms feature a small room with two pumps.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 504