Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 908227 times)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2025 on: September 23, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »

You know, after reading it and the fridge logic kicked in, you made me feel sad about the FBs?

P.D.: The button that I keep presssing is "quote" instead of "modify"

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:44:11 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 23, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »

I thought the FB's seemed to be getting lost in the tunnels.  I'm glad someone confirmed it!  Another win for the hellish complexity of Failcannon! 

Congratulations on completing the STFO!  And with only a handful of dwarves too, wow, nicely done.

The top level only. It's 3 pumps to completion, so I'll test it today and tell about the results (especially in FPS) I think that the only ones able to run it without getting the game to a snail's pace are Catalyst, with his hyperbuff computer, and me, given that I am currently at 21-25! FPS

The really, really sad dwarfy thing?  I built the damn thing because I decided it was time for a new, better computer... explicitly to play dwarf fortress.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 23, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

FAILCANNON PRESS TODAY

BREAKING NEWS: a caravan of humans came today! We're all excited and ready to trade and...

BREAKING NEWS! The kobolds laid siege to us! Three archer squads were seen approaching the fortress from the north!

In other related news, our human friends are no longer able to trade with us.

In other unrelated news, THE STFO IS COMPLETE!
There have been complains of it being "unsafe" but our friend ‼Scientist‼ Deathsword II has proposed himself as a voluntary to test the safety of the project! ALL HAIL DEATHSWORD!

Today is a happy day  for our beloved fortress! A adventurer just came to our fortress and accepted to live here! And his desicion wasn't at all motivated by Dariush, Darvi, Gizogin and Mormota "welcoming" him!

Deathsword has also got up from her bed! And there was much rejoicing! And it wasn't at all because she wasn't issued a crutch and is currently crawling around the fortress looking for a drink! HAHAHA isn't it hilarious!? Actually I found her crawling around creepy. We've interviewed her:
ERICA, FOR EVERYTHING IT'S SACRED GIVE ME A CRUTCH! ******************** of a elf!
That's all what she had to say! Stay tuned to Failcannon today! And remember, that with our brand new adamantine emisor/receptor we can't telepathically speak to you at all!
It's only that this tower has.. a good acoustic!

(Ladies and gentlemans, I present you.. the Failcannon News Tower!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh the fate! Dariush fell to the sea! Not he's an novice swimmer. A pissed novice swimmer. He says he spent several weeks alone in the sea because no one bothered to look down. Thank the gods he survived!
Still, It's scheduled that Deathsword will be performing his stunt soon!

(Out of character: the STFO seems to not be too much of a hassle for my processor, I did the test run, when dariush fell to the sea, and I was at 17 FPS; i lost about 5-7 FPS)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:35 pm »

Dammit I hoped he wouldn't survive it...

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 23, 2011, 06:05:16 pm »

Could I be dorfed as that migrant, if that was a migrant, and if he isn't going to be killed off instantly ?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 23, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »

Could I be dorfed as that migrant, if that was a migrant, and if he isn't going to be killed off instantly ?
I was thinking to throw him off the sinkhole too, but that's fine. All yours! rridgway?

Dude, you just got the "Balls of steel slade" prize of the day. And the second during my overseeing, the other being when you slept with the FB.
Look where you decided to sleep now.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:41:32 pm by arcangelsd »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

I was thinking to throw him off the sinkhole too, but that's fine. All yours! rridgway?

Dude, you just got the "Balls of steel slade" prize of the day. And the second during my overseeing, the other being when you slept with the FB.
Look where you decided to sleep now.

Yeah, rridgway. Thanks!

Also, what's next, is he going to throw a lizard remains at a entire siege, one shotting the leader and causing them to retreat?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 23, 2011, 06:41:43 pm »

FAILCANNON PRESS TODAY TIMES

Today is the day! Our local hero Deathsword is going to do the run test for the STFO, to show the masses tha it is completely safe!

And there she goes! FOR SCIENCE!!

A little off the "safe" landing zone...

FUCK

Yup. The STFO is completly safe, as demonstrated! So, Fellow dwarves of Failcannon, enjoy its magnificence! And always remember Deathsword!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Out of press: I'm on my second mid-winter. I'll finish tomorrow morning and write a wall of text. Sadly, I think I'll be unable to finish my second megaproject: the FailCannon News Tower [FNC Tower on the map] )
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:09:03 pm by arcangelsd »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 23, 2011, 08:26:57 pm »

Dude, you just got the "Balls of steel slade" prize of the day.
That explains how I survived all those repeated groin attacks in RL.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:41 pm »

I WILL RETURN!

meanwhile make me a slab and place it in the STFO
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:52 pm »

Oh man, if i hadn't seen the you fling Deathsword (and he wasn't somewhat mobile) I was actually gonna suggest loading his bed on the bridge and flinging him to it. Demented minds think alike, evidently.

Also, if you can rig up some waterwheels over the outflow of the pumps, you should be able to get it self-powered so you don't have to worry about an accidental cutoff.  I'd put a lever controlling the wheel's output under the hatch, just in case you need to bid goodbye to the world if you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »

Hmm... Only one more year before I have coalesced enough energy (mostly of anguish and fear) to begin interacting with the fortress and it's occupants more directly, perhaps getting this idiot mason to run for office... I expect though that she'll be killed while I'm not paying attention... Probably in bed. By a face-eating undead mussel.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »

Oh, forgot to ask - what's Aussie Dwarf up to?  Still hiding from danger?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 23, 2011, 10:15:20 pm »

It was only a matter of time before the Sword of Boots started mining the Blueness itself.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 23, 2011, 10:25:22 pm »

I just came back to Bay12 today after disappearing for a few weeks due to a very hectic schedule. Reading through Failcannon's continued miserable existence made me remember why I love this place. Why don't we have an Andreus the Nth right now? Shouldn't the immortal mage take precedence over others?

Also, the beating of a kobold with a crossbow reminded me of a certain backpack...
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 189